Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

M79 Grenade launcher

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,261 ✭✭✭Puding

there very nice, i always wanted one as i love the look and mix of wood and metal, echo one got together with caw and have made a cheaper version but the wood looks red/orange and no where near as good as that

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,998 ✭✭✭✭Cuddlesworth

If I was going to do it I would get the Caw 6 shot revolver. Thats a thing of expensive and situational fun. Would be great craic in CBQ though.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,984 ✭✭✭NakedDex

The problem with the M79 is that it's one shot, then reload. And reloading grenade launchers isn't a quick process. And it's very big to be carrying just in case you get a chance to use it. Airsoft grenades are very short range items and rarely get used, especially in cqb (contrary to what you might think). And things like a 6-shot CAW are expensive to run given the price of grenades. To make effective use of the M79 you'd need at least 4 grenades to justify having one over a regular M203.
    Remember, grenades are about 50 bucks a piece. More if you go for the Madbull ones (arguably the best grenades out there). Add that to the price of the M79 and you've got an expensive unit you may use only once a month.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,341 ✭✭✭Fallschirmjager

strange as this might seem, i was reading about these just today. there is another company other then caw doing them (apparently)...they are plastic and cheap...and unfortunately crap (well according to that review anyways)...i honestly cant remember the brand name...might have been on arnies where i read it..

i would love one for the whole vietnam thing...and dex you are exactly right. unless there was a situation where you could use the pocket howlers that seem to fit almost exactly in the tube of these and a grenade launcher. so you would need site rules and a game like take out the pill box or something akin to that.

i would love to see fiachs rpg one....could be the basis for a good old fashioned vietnam game....i also regret not buying one of the law's when they were out and are now discontinued. apparently they were kak also but it a kit accessory...

You can get (and I already am the proud owner of some) slug grenades which I've had a chat with Paul at HRTA about. Once the new killhouses are all up and running there'll be rules set in place for them to allow them to be fired through a doorway or window to clear the whole room at once. It'll make it a bit more balanced for an assaulting team to get a foothold in a first room while they're approaching it.
    Team moves toward the room, grenadier lags back a bit, team stacks up at the doorway(s), grenadier hits the room with a slug, team follow in after the "blast" clears the room. Should make for some interesting town assault games.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 954 ✭✭✭MacAonghusa

NakedDex wrote: »
    The problem with the M79 is that it's one shot, then reload.

yeah but think how cool you'd look with one of those slung across your back! That's the important thing ;)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,758 ✭✭✭Stercus Accidit

What about king arms grenades?
    http://www.wgcshop.com/pcart/shopper.php?itm=KA-CART-120R433S_srch_grenade

I heard they aren't great, but I haven't read up on grenades very much yet, what is the general consensus? Usable?

You can get (and I already am the proud owner of some) slug grenades which I've had a chat with Paul at HRTA about. Once the new killhouses are all up and running there'll be rules set in place for them to allow them to be fired through a doorway or window to clear the whole room at once. It'll make it a bit more balanced for an assaulting team to get a foothold in a first room while they're approaching it.
    Team moves toward the room, grenadier lags back a bit, team stacks up at the doorway(s), grenadier hits the room with a slug, team follow in after the "blast" clears the room. Should make for some interesting town assault games.

well that sounds way way uber cool...never tried the slugs what are they like? then again i have yet to have any luck with nades...

MacAonghusa....far be it for me to drag around kit like that...but u are exactly right...LOL

It'd be cool to look at, but I'd laugh at it on the airsoft field. I wouldn't like that slapping around on my back as I ran. Remember, it's metal and real wood. It's a heavy piece to be lugging around unneccessarily. And if anyone knows about lugging around heavier kit than you need, it's me.

Haven't had a chance to field test the slugs yet, but backyard tests are pretty impressive. Good range, good power (though personally I wouldn't fire them at a person, they'd hurt like hell at any close range) and reasonably accurate. The only thing is that the slugs are black, and hence easily lost. Spraying them yellow would be the best idea. Though the spare slugs for the grenade are only $12 for a 6 pack.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 954 ✭✭✭MacAonghusa

It'd be cool to look at, but I'd laugh at it on the airsoft field. I wouldn't like that slapping around on my back as I ran. Remember, it's metal and real wood. It's a heavy piece to be lugging around unneccessarily. And if anyone knows about lugging around heavier kit than you need, it's me.

well you could stand around and pose with it for a while before the game starts, then leave it in the car :cool:

• Advertisement

hahaha...yes i too am a bit of a kit junkie....would make the sweaty bdu fit in with the whole vietnam look tho....:D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,518 ✭✭✭[--SC(+)PE--]

That sounds very interesting Dex, When ya get a chance to field test them some range results would be interesting to here. Never liked the idea of the "shotgun" effect of all the other grenades.

The shotgun effect is alright, but it's very short range so it's useless in most situations. Even with heavier bbs for long range it's still less than 10 yards effective.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,518 ✭✭✭[--SC(+)PE--]

Thats even less then i imagined, I actually meant the rubber rounds you got, they sound pretty interesting.

Advertisement