Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

Coil pack, where to buy??

Options
  • 28-03-2008 11:59pm
    Registered Users Posts: 2,048 ✭✭✭

Hi, got a diagnostics test on ,y Fiat Bravo today and was told it needs a new coil pack. Ive heard these are very easy to replace so im just onna get one and do it my self.

Does anyone have any ideas as to where id get one?

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 136 ✭✭johncm

thehamo wrote: »
    Hi, got a diagnostics test on ,y Fiat Bravo today and was told it needs a new coil pack. Ive heard these are very easy to replace so im just onna get one and do it my self.

Does anyone have any ideas as to where id get one?

having worked for fiat there not cheap expect to pay aroung 300+ for it. If its the 1.2 model id try changing plugs and leads before a coil

• Registered Users Posts: 2,048 ✭✭✭thehamo

Thanks johncm. Thats bad news , 300+ is money i dont have! The plugs have been changed before and the garage that did the diagnostics test said they are grand so they are thinking its the coil pack

• Registered Users Posts: 73,455 ✭✭✭✭colm_mcm

I got one from Traynors up north for mine, back in the day, around £50 at the time. try that.

• Registered Users Posts: 226 ✭✭RICARDO1982

Try all motor factors in the golden pages they can be half the price, i got one for my astra its still going good...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 136 ✭✭johncm

i know you said the plugs have been changed but did they put in the right ones . they changed plugs in 99 and if the wrong ones are in it wont run right. you should also be able to pick one up in a scrap yard easy enough.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 68,828 ✭✭✭✭L1011

Be warned that you could be looking at a ECU replacement too, they can get spiked by dodgy coils - or, indeed, the ECU could be dodgy and manifesting itself as 'faulty' coils that are in fact perfectly fine.

ECU is 125 sterling from a reprogrammer or about 800 euros from Fiat Auto Ireland... takes yer pick if it comes to that.

Advertisement