Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Plastic track for sliding doors?

Options
  • 29-03-2008 12:06am
    Registered Users Posts: 830 ✭✭✭

Hi all.

It's my first time to post in this section so be nice!

I'm wondering if anybody would know where I could get the plastic tracks (top & bottom) that glass panels fit into to make them into sliding doors?
    I've tried Woodies and B&Q but to no avail.
    EBAY isn't very helpful either as everything is located in the States.

I'm trying to build a 4ftx2ftx3ft Vivarium for a Lizard but the glass and these tracks are the last things that are eluding me.

Thanks in advance for any replies and apologies if I posted in the wrong section.

J.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,467 ✭✭✭bushy...

Before you go looking too far would this be a better idea ( because of little pebbles lodging in the tracks n annoying you ) ?
       ||
       ||
       ||
       ||
       [COLOR="Red"]H[/COLOR]
       [COLOR="Green"]L[/COLOR]

|| = glass

H = small H section aluminium strip

L = small L section aluminum strip

B&Q have L & H section strip afaik ,just fix the L section to the floor of it and glue the H to the bottom of the glass door.
    H-section needs to be just wide enough for the glass.

It would mean there is no channel for stuff to get stuck in.

• Registered Users Posts: 830 ✭✭✭j14

Thanks for the suggestion Bushy, I'll look into it.

Here is the site and plans I'm following.

LINK: http://www.freewebs.com/crossfireenclosures/

As you can see the track will be blocked by another piece of wood so the substrate will (hopefully) not get in the channels.

I'm also looking at the choices for wood. I'd be looking for a sheet about 4ftx8ft and coated (so it'll be waterproof). All joins will be sealed with Aquarium grade silcone sealent when it's finished.

I love starting out on projects like this...the most technical thing I've done in the past is wire a plug!

• Moderators, Home & Garden Moderators Posts: 5,099 Mod ✭✭✭✭kadman

Try www.hafele.ie

kadman

Advertisement