Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

406 Diesel (old)

Options
  • 29-03-2008 12:28am
    Registered Users Posts: 2,919 ✭✭✭

Quick question here, can the older 406 such as this one be given a bit of a boost in bhp the same way TDi engines of that era could be?

I can't seem to find any info either way. I know the HDi can be but I don't know about the previous engines.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 11,394 ✭✭✭✭Timmaay

Is it a turbo or non turbo? I know the non turbo engines don't respond to tuning boxes as well as turbo diesels. The way a tuning box or remap works is by squiring more fuel in, this is grand for a turbo engine as more air is sent in also. Where as with a non-turbo, enough air cannot be forced in to the engine which makes it very smokey. This is a very basic explaination, but it is the general point.

Have a look at tuningbox.com and see if that model is there.

To be honest, i'd steer well clear of any non turbo, hdi's have way more power, and don't consume that much more fuel. The non-turbos are very cheap for a reason, they are gutless.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,919 ✭✭✭Schism

Yeah it's a turbo and I already have the car (not the one I linked but that model), had to make a hasty switch, let's just say my previous car came to an unfortunate and abrupt end :o

Advertisement