Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

Small Coolant Leak

Options
  • 29-03-2008 12:58am
    Registered Users Posts: 3,668 ✭✭✭

My old alternator had a fair bit of coolant on top of it so i suspected that maybe what killed it.

Anyways i checked the new Alternator and there 1 or 2 small specks of coolant on it ..nothing major as of yet. The coolant hose going ino the engine is a bit above the alternator.

I'm going to reseal the hose any suggestion of what liquid gasket / seal i should use.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 727 ✭✭✭Oilrig

Nothing will kill an alternator quicker than liquid contamination - act fast.

You shouldn't need any kind of sealant on a water hose, check the hose isn't perished, the receiving stub isn't corroded and that the clip is OK.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,668 ✭✭✭eringobragh

Oilrig wrote: »
    Nothing will kill an alternator quicker than liquid contamination - act fast.

You shouldn't need any kind of sealant on a water hose, check the hose isn't perished, the receiving stub isn't corroded and that the clip is OK.

Will do cheers

Advertisement