Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

People getting aggro during online heads up?

• 29-03-2008 12:59am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 425 ✭✭

Does anyone else notice this? Particulary during heads up sit and goes? Maybe it's because people don't like my aggressive style, or because the high pressure nature of HUSNGs. Even at higher limits, where you expect people to be a little bit more mature, when I give someone the customary GG at the end of the game, it's not unusual for people to start giving me abuse back.

Just had a game there where I cracked someones KK with my A7, afterwards he started calling me a pr1ck, and said that I got bored and just went all-in every hand?? The big blind was 7.5 times the average stack! In my mind it was all-in or fold.

Another time somebody called an A8 shove with 22, and he started saying I was a sucker and used very abusive language???!

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,513 ✭✭✭RoadSweeper

waacrybaby2di6.th.jpg

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,454 ✭✭✭hf4z6sqo7vjngi

Just keep typing monkey, monkey, monkey they will appreciate that

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,019 ✭✭✭HoLLLLLaments

Turn off chat.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,434 ✭✭✭cardshark202

i just type ul

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,267 ✭✭✭opr

Turn off chat.

Last answer i expected from you.

Opr

• Advertisement

i just type ul

when i started playing i thought that ment "U lose" and i went ****1ng nuts at yer man.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,461 ✭✭✭RedJoker

I've started playing a lot of HU cash (lol SNGaments) and don't get that much abuse. It happens maybe once or twice a day, I pretty much ignore it or sometimes type things like "ul" or whatever. Definitely don't want to tap the tank.

There was a hand a few days ago, I was playing against a shortstack at 1-2. The first hand I open to 6 with JT and he calls from the BB. Flop comes 843 and he pots it, I shove for about 50 more (lol donk bets, overcards, ship ship ldo). He calls with 56 and after hitting his 7 proceeds to tell me that I need to calm down.

I'm there thinking lol wtf I was probably a favourite you moran, but tell him that "I'm just having a bit of fun". He goes on to tell me that he's just looking out for me and trying to help. I had no idea what to say to that so just said "ty".

Definitely the weirdest thing to happen to me so far in HU.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14,277 ✭✭✭✭Rb

when i started playing i thought that ment "U lose" and i went ****1ng nuts at yer man.
    lmao

felt silly!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,296 ✭✭✭valor

drunk

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,806 ✭✭✭Lafortezza

valor wrote: »
    drunk
    locked?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 142 ✭✭MrPreachan

+1

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,615 ✭✭✭Mr.Plough

just type ty after you take their money. people love that

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,019 ✭✭✭HoLLLLLaments

opr wrote: »
    Last answer i expected from you.

Opr

hmmm.....

I never really got abusive in chat. Sometimes ill say something like well played monkey if they hit runner or something but my chat is off so i cant see any reply. Usually playing lots of tables so chat is just distracting.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,461 ✭✭✭RedJoker

I got some abuse today and I was only playing a small session.

Villain sits down with $100 (100BBs). We're about 3 or 4 hands in.

I open Th9h otb, villain 3bets from the BB (first time he's 3bet but he's been playing aggro, opening every hand so far). I call (T9s is the nutz ldo).

Flop comes 359 all spades. He checks I bet $14 into $19 and he shoves for about $76 more. I think and call. He show Td8d and he's almost drawing dead.

Yep, took a fair amount of abuse for that one :D.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 335 ✭✭BIGMICKG

Does anyone else notice this? Particulary during heads up sit and goes? Maybe it's because people don't like my aggressive style, or because the high pressure nature of HUSNGs. Even at higher limits, where you expect people to be a little bit more mature, when I give someone the customary GG at the end of the game, it's not unusual for people to start giving me abuse back.

Just had a game there where I cracked someones KK with my A7, afterwards he started calling me a pr1ck, and said that I got bored and just went all-in every hand?? The big blind was 7.5 times the average stack! In my mind it was all-in or fold.

Another time somebody called an A8 shove with 22, and he started saying I was a sucker and used very abusive language???!

were u playing me by any chance??? lol only kidding altough i am a bad loser and regularly abuse players when they suckout on me. take no notice of it probably just immature short tempered guys like meself,
    and ur right about the all in or fold situation i regularlly get to heads up in sit an gos where the blinds are 300-600 all in or fold is the best option i reckon

• Closed Accounts Posts: 568 ✭✭✭58o

I'm also a terrible loser online. Got a warning off pokerstars the other day. Some guy with a cat in his avatar sucked out outrageously on me in a tourney, and i told him i was going to come around and skin his cat, then piss on his carpet. Immature to say the least, but he obv ratted me out to support!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 657 ✭✭✭BuChan

58o wrote: »
    I'm also a terrible loser online. Got a warning off pokerstars the other day. Some guy with a cat in his avatar sucked out outrageously on me in a tourney, and i told him i was going to come around and skin his cat, then piss on his carpet. Immature to say the least, but he obv ratted me out to support!

!!!!LOL!!!!

i'm quite certain that the chat window was created more or less solely for abuse purposes. genius really, what good is the internet if you can't anonymously slander strangers.

Advertisement