Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.

Boards Boozage: Micro players read please

Enjoyed it as it was. Will play again if it keeps its format.

I played decently, ran lucky, simple ABC poker was enough to take home 2 buyins.

Told you my mates would bring value! Not sure they'll be around next week though, after all bar one went broke.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,881 ✭✭✭bohsman

Mr.Plough wrote: »
    This be on next week? Sounds like plenty of value

this imo

How long did you play for? I've to drive home so won't be going for pints

1 game started at 7 15, filled up quickly, 2nd game going by 8 30, pretty much went from 2 full games to dead in the space of half an hour around midnight.

Enjoyed it as it was. Will play again if it keeps its format.

Think the easiest will be to start the first game off as it was and then if theres enough for a 2nd game try to start a 200bb game. I think theres definitely enough interest for a 50max either way.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,303 ✭✭✭ionapaul

I get the feeling that these 50c/50c tables will be much tougher in terms of play than any of the €1/€2 tables in town! I might try to make it in next week as it sounds like fun.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,163 ✭✭✭Slash/ED

Is this gonna be a weekly thing so? I may have to donate once my college workload lightens...

Slash/ED wrote: »
    Is this gonna be a weekly thing so? I may have to donate once my college workload lightens...

Thats the plan, think CHLs are also planning a beginners night with similar structured games every week along with a small rebuy tourney so may aswell try to figure out what works now.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,646 ✭✭✭cooker3

This sounds like it was tougher then most 1-2 cash games. Good that it got good turn out.
    rb_ie wrote: »
    I enjoyed last night overall, even though as soon as I took over dealing I dealt myself pure shíte for 4 hours and everytime I had something it was no good (such as that JJ hand). I think I saw 72o a total of 11 times in that time frame.

Aha, now you know. By far my unluckiest dealer is well me. Rarely get anything and rare times I do I get sucked out, amazing how often I can do that to myself

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 525 ✭✭✭Tinytony

This would get going proper as soon as I move out of Dublin :(

Anyways best of luck with it lads.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,993 ✭✭✭Trippie

I played like a donkey and sucked out.

standard
    shoutman wrote: »
    I ended up just over a buyin and a half,
    much of it when i sucked out on keith with aa on a 579 board,.

Was this [] close to calling for the gut shot and i would of busted both of you's
    Having slept on it I reckon I MIGHT have been able to play worse but it would have taken a considerable effort. Last time I play poker immediately following a 72 hour study session. Shoutman it was a 9-7-5 board, I had top 2. Running 6's for the counterfeit. Other than when I snapped my pocket 8's in on the paired board I don't think I played a hand anywhere near optimally all night.

Ultimate bummer... Though watching Trippie have AA cracked twice in 5 hands was pretty funny.

AA twice for 100 bb's + and then A10 vs 88 on a 10 high board for another 70bb's and yet I still managed to cash out the second most profit in the game. says something for the standard of play of the rest of you donkeys. The round of omaha as probably the most fun with possible decisions for stacks in every hand
    cooker3 wrote: »
    This sounds like it was tougher then most 1-2 cash games. Good that it got good turn out.

see above, some of the play was so bad it was hilarious, theresalwaysone,that other lad that opened every pot,keith, joe and the other young lad im looking you're way.

I suppose it also helps that every read I had was spot on naming more hands than tadgh folds the nuts pre flop in a session

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,559 ✭✭✭pocketdooz

Is this game open to anyone or a private thing ?

Sounds like you all know eachother ?

Would like to play next week if possible . . .

pocketdooz wrote: »

Would like to play next week if possible . . .

ye anyone can play its a very relaxed atmosphere but depending on what table you are on, i was playing on table one and it was great craic while the other one seemed a bit nitty imo

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,924 ✭✭✭shoutman

The second table was definatley a lot quieter, but I still enjoyed it.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 663 ✭✭✭CourierCollie

pocketdooz wrote: »

It was my first time to meet anyone at table 2. I was probably a major cause of the nittyness of the table. Sometimes just don't have the gamble in me.
    Also, my first time playing a cash game sober, and at a sober table. Tight/passive ftw.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,404 ✭✭✭Goodluck2me

Trippie wrote: »
    see above, some of the play was so bad it was hilarious, theresalwaysone,that other lad that opened every pot,keith, joe and the other young lad im looking you're way.
    I played quite poorly in the gambly sense, but the next time if I bother to play ill play properly, Tom Devore is also a TERRIBLE omaha player it must be said.

he didnt cover himself in glory that hand alright, in fairness i had you near the bottom of the playing bad list as i knew you were in for the laugh, but then as it was said last night its no great feat, its like being the tallest midget

The c-raise with the bare flush draw was hilarious. The only player on the table he can do it aginst and not get priced out on the re-raise is Joe and, lo and behold, Joe pops up with the cooler K high flush draw and the 2 pair.

That said, he kicked my ass in hold em.

Next week I'll be armoured with a clearer head to redeem myself. The lack of drunk and aggressive post-pub players was a really nice change of pace, other than Joe's blow up about the raise just before he donked off the last of his stack it was the friendliest and most enjoyable game I've played in for ages and it's the least profitable one I've played in too, always a sign of how good a laugh it was.

The c-raise with the bare flush draw was hilarious. The only player on the table he can do it aginst and not get priced out on the re-raise is Joe and, lo and behold, Joe pops up with the cooler K high flush draw and the 2 pair.

Next week I'll be armoured with a clearer head to redeem myself. The lack of drunk and aggressive post-pub players was a really nice change of pace, other than Joe's blow up about the raise just before he donked off the last of his stack it was the friendliest and most enjoyable game I've played in for ages and it's the least profitable one I've played in too, always a sign of how good a laugh it was.

it was a bit of craic alright although i was getting real bored after an hour or so

i) I was playing 100 he def was priced out! well it was 70 more from a 40 raise.

ii) I was more making a poitn about how he did the same thing twice and it meant completely different things, it wasnt really fair.

i I was more making a poitn about how he did the same thing twice and it meant completely different things, it wasnt really fair.

I know but it meant I could bluff him SO easily. His pocket pair no good against my Q high bluff. Thank you Joe...

both resulted in me losign pots which I would have won too.

And so it was made all the sweeter...

• Business & Finance Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 32,387 Mod ✭✭✭✭DeVore

I have never said anything other then that I am a terrible Omaha player. I *can* play, I just, well... don't :):D

I enjoyed the evening but I would say there is a lot less value there then a usual 1/2 game around town!

Loved the c-raise with the nut-flush-draw. Standard, obv. *cough*

I should have called G-Man but he's SUCCCCCCCHHHHHHHH a nit and a rock that I thought he had me beat. Meh...

Good fun though!

DeV.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,454 ✭✭✭hf4z6sqo7vjngi

Sounds like a fun night, someone pm me if and when this is on next week and i shall make my first trip down to CHL for the craic

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,039 ✭✭✭Theresalwaysone

BUMP:

On again this week I assume Oscar? You've nothing better to be doing.

Micro stakes game with optional boozage. I will most likely be hitting quinns after this so all welcome for a bit of bogger boozing.

BUMP:

On again this week I assume Oscar? You've nothing better to be doing.

Micro stakes game with optional boozage. I will most likely be hitting quinns after this so all welcome for a bit of bogger boozing.

Absolutely, how about pre game boozing in the Cellar from around 6?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,039 ✭✭✭Theresalwaysone

Pre game boozing.... but I'll spew more than normal....

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14,277 ✭✭✭✭Rb

In again.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,721 ✭✭✭coillcam

I'll try to make this one. Raging I couldn't be around for it's inception.

Prop bets on the colour of flops, first to go busto etc?

Theres also a €5 rebuy tournament at 8 if anyones interested. Free dinner for all players apparently.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 300 ✭✭Guinnessman

I hope to be there at about 11.30. Hopefully there is a game still going

If it's like last week, you'll probably get in a half hour to an hour. Not sure what the story is regarding pints but I won't be drinking this week anyway.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,513 ✭✭✭RoadSweeper

I might head in early if i can, and leave for the big tree/quinns after.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,700 ✭✭✭Van Dice

if i can recover from last night in time, i'll go. In a strange way I feel sorry for Chelsea losing 3 semi-finals in 4 years to the same club, but sport can be tough.
    rb_ie wrote: »
    Not sure what the story is regarding pints but I won't be drinking this week anyway.

amateur

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,187 ✭✭✭Flushdraw

May also drop in tonight..didnt go last week because i was watching the Arsenal injustice unfold. After last nights debacle, i need to tilt off some monies and i quite fancy doing it at €50 a pop while hopefully getting my J8s to hold up on the odd occasion :p

Scant consolation was that i had a few quid on Diaby to score first @ 22s...was expecting 33s but meh, just had a gut feeling

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,700 ✭✭✭Van Dice

Flushdraw wrote: »
    didnt go last week because i was watching the Arsenal injustice unfold. After last nights debacle

now I'm definitely going!!! :D

Dammit cant make it. Gona be stuck in work till 2

Won't make it in afterall as I've to grind out a sizable downswing.

Anyone going to this tomorrow?

Anyone?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,513 ✭✭✭RoadSweeper

meh, not sure. Thesis is taking its toll!