Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Weird growths on scalp

Options
  • 29-03-2008 9:27am
    Registered Users Posts: 304 ✭✭

I know this isn't a long term illness (unless I'm going bald) but I see no where else to post it, feel free to move it.

I have these raised patches of what feels like raised dry skin on the very top of my scalp. Thing is, they are picked off easily and painlessly but they take out a huge heap of hair. Rubbing from back to front they are like a ramp, low at the back and raise as they go forward. Also, they're long and narrow.

So should I see a doctor or use a special shampoo( I'm in Australia)? I use Head and Shoulders at the moment. And what the foccacia is it:confused:

Thanks

Comments

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 10,433 Mod ✭✭✭✭Mr Magnolia

Go and see the doctor. We can't advise you here.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,191 ✭✭✭Feelgood

I have the same thing. It sounds like you have a case of Psoriasis on your scalp, which causes hair loss as well. At first it looks like a heavy case of dandruff, that is a very flaky scalp?. Possibly a bit itchy too?. Good news is though your hair will regrow once you get it under control....

Forget about shampoos, creams and all that crap, there is only one one cure for Psorasis if this is the case.

Psoriasis Cure

Go to the doctor anyway, if it is a case of psoriasis they will probably tell you to go to a dermatologist or to get topical creams though they will only calm it down rather than cure it, if its really bad I would definately consider buying the book linked above, half way through it at the minute and mine has calmed down an awful lot since I started following the guidelines, hopefully will be rid of it completely in a couple of months!.

Hope this helps.

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 32,285 Mod ✭✭✭✭The_Conductor

You need to seek medical advice.

S.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement