Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

iPhone universal dock adapter

• 29-03-2008 12:53pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,905 ✭✭✭✭

I am looking for a universal dock adapter for the iphone (that thing).

I tried O2 and 3G with no success. The online Applestore has them, but in addition to forcing you to buy a pack of 3 for 9 euros, it almost doubles the price when you add the delivery charges.

I might sound cheap but I really feel like I am getting ripped off if I have to pay 17 euros for a little piece of plastic ...

Anyone would know where to get that in Dublin or a cheeper alternative online? (I was thinking there would be a way to get a cheep one coming from China on ebay, but it looks like t is not the case)

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 909 ✭✭✭mobius42

The iPhone comes with it's own dock, so I'm presuming that broke or something? If it did, it would be covered by the warranty and you could get it replaced.
    As for buying one of the adapters, buying it online cheaply is going to be tough with the postage costs. They should sell them in Apple reseller stores, so I'm surprised O2 don't have them. Have you tried Spectra Photo? I know that in Cork, they have an Apple section that's almost like a mini Apple Store.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,905 ✭✭✭✭Bob24

mobius42 wrote: »
    The iPhone comes with it's own dock, so I'm presuming that broke or something? If it did, it would be covered by the warranty and you could get it replaced.
    As for buying one of the adapters, buying it online cheaply is going to be tough with the postage costs. They should sell them in Apple reseller stores, so I'm surprised O2 don't have them. Have you tried Spectra Photo? I know that in Cork, they have an Apple section that's almost like a mini Apple Store.

Thanks for your reply.
    No the dock is fine. I have an XtremeMac Luna alarm clock and the integrated dock requires the dock adapter to have the right shape (otherwise basically it is a big hole around the connector so when you put the iPhone in only the connector is supporting all the weight). One of these came with my previous iPods (5G and Touch) and it was fitting perfect.

I actually tried Spectra on Grafton Street this afternoon (and Carphone Warehouse) but no luck. Spectra had them but only for the iPod Nano.

My mate told me tonight he is going to the US next week, so I'll ask him to pick one for me from the Apple Store for $9 :-)

Advertisement