Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Tampon availability question

Options
  • 29-03-2008 1:46pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 226 ✭✭

Yeah, sounds a bit weird! But I use Carefree brand and can't find them in Dublin so far! I don't really like the two brands I have found here and a friend said she got some at Tescos but I can't find them, even at the larger stores.

Anyone know anywhere I could them? My supply from home is running low!!

Comments

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 20,365 Mod ✭✭✭✭RacoonQueen

Never seen or heard of them I'm afraid. Only carefree products I've seen in Ireland are pantyliners. Might be worth trying to buy em off the net?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 22,058 ✭✭✭✭Abi

I never heard of them myself. If they are the only ones you would use, its starting to look like you will have to order them in :/

Do you mind me asking, why particularly them?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 226 ✭✭ozchick

Doh. They have a 'silky covering' (just like the ad says!) and I've never used those ones with applicators and the other brand Lilets or something seem to pull apart when things are um, er, 'drying up' if you get my drift! Don't want to give TMI!!:o Funny they have the liners but not the whole range of products

Thanks for the suggestions anyway! :) Can get my daughter to send some over, I remember sending her some when she lived in the UK, must be a 'family fusiness' :P

• Closed Accounts Posts: 22,058 ✭✭✭✭Abi

ozchick wrote: »
    I've never used those ones with applicators

I take it you mean the Tampax? I use them myself. there are two different applicator types, one is the cardboardy one (cheaper) and the plastic applicator. I use the plastic ones myself, and theyz great :)

Get brave and try 'em out! :D

yeah, I should live dangerously!!:D

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 20,365 Mod ✭✭✭✭RacoonQueen

I suppose they don't see the point of releasing them on this side of the world giving the already largeish competition. I use tampax, never even tried lilets. Tampax compak are the best invention ever. :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,628 ✭✭✭SheRa

I used carefree tampons when I was away travelling and Ive found the most similar ones here are boots own brand, which are way cheaper than lilets & tampax too.

Thanks SheRa!

Haa haa, my hubby is watching TV, it's and ad break and he just says 'hey you need those Carefree pads with wings, they said you have a happier period with them, and they are dermatalogically (sp?) tested!!!'

I think they have missed their target audience:D:D

Advertisement