Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

Audi A3/A4....should I buy?

Options
  • 29-03-2008 1:53pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 6,543 ✭✭✭

Just looking for some feedback on the Audi A3 or A4....thinking of changing over after I do my NCT on my completely unreliable 2001 Nissan Almera which has broken my heart at this stage with how many times its been to the garage....

all my brothers drive Audis and they seem very reliable, great to drive etc but I'm just wondering if anybody has had bad experiences with the A3/A4? Or is it good reviews all round....looking for something between 2000-2002 models, somewhere around the 8-10 grand bracket, is hoping to get one from a dealer for this price range unrealistic?

any info much appreciated

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 22,815 ✭✭✭✭Anan1

Audi are not particularly reliable cars. They're ok to drive, and they do have very nice interiors, though.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,394 ✭✭✭✭Timmaay

I'd agree with that, audi's are no more reliable than nissan. Your car is probably just a bit of a lemon, some cars are just like that, good model/brand, but you're unlucky with the particular car.
    If your brothers all drive audis and can help you with keeping one on the road, then thats a bit of a bonus, but they do have their problems like all cars. A4s are horribly overpriced compared to the similar passats/skodas/seats etc, but the good thing about this is they hold their valve very well, an 01 (newer shape) will be still worth 5/6k in a few years, where as a similar passat might be going to the scrapyard.

I will say that if you looking for a spacious car, stay way from them, a friend of my had a passat, got an A4 estate last yr, loved it but is selling it again now as it is not big enough for the expanding family, he says he'll go back to a passat!

Advertisement