Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Tummy controlling undergarments

Options
  • 29-03-2008 2:13pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 250 ✭✭

You those pants thats supposed to take in your tummy while wearing them! What are they called. Do they work. And where would I get some. And how much are they.

I need to flatten my tummy a bit to wear a nice top.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,184 ✭✭✭neuro-praxis

M&S have them. Yes they work. They start at around E7.50 a pair but go up as high as E60.00 for the elaborate ones.

Dunnes have them too but I have never bought any there.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,619 ✭✭✭Fast_Mover

Spanx.
    There's a thread on pg2 about them.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 23,556 ✭✭✭✭Sir Digby Chicken Caesar

exercise?

honestly, why must women consistently lie to people about everything.

and you wonder why we don't respect you.

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 16,696 Mod ✭✭✭✭Silverfish

Mordeth wrote: »
    exercise?

honestly, why must women consistently lie to people about everything.

and you wonder why we don't respect you.

You can have a week off for that. Enjoy!

Oh, and any more comments/ discussions about that will also earn the prize of a week off.

• Registered Users Posts: 17,324 ✭✭✭✭Cathmandooo

I bought a pair in M&S before, I really hated them and I don't think anyone noticed any difference. For bathroom breaks it was a real pain to deal with trying to pull them on and off as theyre so binding.

I'd never wear them again.

Those spanx ones that someone was talking about seem a bit better than the ones i got.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 7,134 ✭✭✭Lux23

Cathooo wrote: »
    I bought a pair in M&S before, I really hated them and I don't think anyone noticed any difference. For bathroom breaks it was a real pain to deal with trying to pull them on and off as theyre so binding.

I'd never wear them again.

Those spanx ones that someone was talking about seem a bit better than the ones i got.

I wear them quite a bit with tight dresses, even skinny women like Kate Moss and that bore Paltrow wear them to hide the little lumps and bumps. Its looks far better than a manky belly roll in a tiny dress.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,619 ✭✭✭Fast_Mover

I wore a pair once about 4weeks back..Had a college ball and I wanted to get a second wear out of my debs dress (fitted, straight and full length) from 2.5yrs ago!! Naturally my figure has altered slightly since. My friend had a spare pair and gave them to me, I found them to be a good help!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 226 ✭✭ozchick

I got a thing to wear under a dress to a wedding, it was knickers and went up to just under my bra. Pretty easy to pull up and down for loo visits, but it wasn't one of those super tight ones that feels like getting into a wetsuit, but just ironed out any kinks. Got it in Australia though, so not much help. Seem to be pretty popular, so I guess there is a pretty big choice in most big stores. A lot are so tight they cut of the circulation at the top of your thighs.

And don't start me on pantyhose...being 157cm I still have to buy talls just to feel slightly comfy in the legs

• Registered Users Posts: 1,022 ✭✭✭ali.c

Is it for a special occasion? this is a bit OT but in my experience cutting out wheat/dairy for 2 days or so really unbloats my tummy so it is a lot flatter. So its an occasion thats a bit away might be worth a try...Thats normally what i do anyhow

Never tried the them myself there is a good bit of variety around though from what i have seen in the shops, dunno if you can try them on first that way you'd get to see if they make a difference??

• Registered Users Posts: 3,145 ✭✭✭SarahSassy

I bought the Trinny and Suzanna ones and they are high waisted and a bloody nightmare.... They keep rolling down and then there are more bulges than there would be without them...

How about getting a body wrap done?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,302 ✭✭✭Cadyboo

They have ones like skin coloured shorts in dunnes, and heatons, bout E15 to 20 they are good, they work but could be a struggle to get up after a visit to the loo after a few drinks!

ozchick wrote: »
    And don't start me on pantyhose...being 157cm I still have to buy talls just to feel slightly comfy in the legs

I feel your pain.
    My legs aren't particularly long 32/33 inchs.
    Bought a pair of XL in Dunnes yesterday, and they only came 3/4's of the way up my legs! ARRggghhhh!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,060 ✭✭✭Niamho!

i got one for my Christmas party. they weren't pants, it was basically like a short Corset that goes from your Wairst/Hips up to right under your Bra.
    I think i must have sucked my stomach in when i tried them on for full affect coz when i looked at a couple of the photos after i just thought "I shouldn't really have bothered"

• Registered Users Posts: 6,756 ✭✭✭Jules

• Closed Accounts Posts: 30,731 ✭✭✭✭princess-lala

Avon sell great ones, they come in black or white and are only about €20! A friend of mine got a pair and they really did wonders for her:D

• Registered Users Posts: 1,274 ✭✭✭Orlee

The Dunnes ones do the trick just fine -don't where I'd be on my "off days" without them!

• Registered Users Posts: 170 ✭✭sillymoo2007

the spanx ones are amazing...have an opening in the pennuchi area for toilet breaks so ya dont need to be pulling them up and down as there very tight like a wetsuit and can clip onto your bra to stop them from rolling down. I got some in debenhams or cleary's cant remember which but they were about €60worth every penny.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,016 ✭✭✭Blush_01

I have two pairs of M&S shorts that I wear to work every day (obviously not together). I find they just make my work trousers sit better or something. I love the fact that they're shorts, I have another pair somewhere last November, can't remember where. They're more like a pair of pants that reaches to your bra, but they always roll down and I've never got much satisfaction out of them. I find them great anyway.

Advertisement