Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Bertie doesn't know where Cavan is?

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,107 ✭✭✭flanum

i saw this before, i meant to put it on the youtube thread.

well he certainly knew where he was the day they brought him into smith&wilsons on main st and fed and foddered him!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 277 ✭✭Gadjodilo

flanum wrote: »
    i saw this before, i meant to put it on the youtube thread.

well he certainly knew where he was the day they brought him into smith&wilsons on main st and fed and foddered him!

I'm no fan of His Bertiness but I think people overreacted to this. I think that when he said he was talking about the Republic of Ireland and not Cavan, he meant that he was speaking in general about the whole country, not just one county.

Well, he's resigning on May 6th so I suppose it doesn't matter now.

I'll bet Biffo knows where Cavan is! He'd better....!!

• Registered Users Posts: 25,243 ✭✭✭✭Jesus Wept

Ah it's easy to miss Cavan, tucked away down there.

The-Rigger wrote: »
    Ah it's easy to miss Cavan, tucked away down there.

How very dare you! Cavan comes damn near to touching both the east and west coasts. Heading north from anywhere in the south or south midlands, you'd be hard to put to miss Cavan. Not that you'd want to.....;)

We bestride the north midlands. Bestride, I say!

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 471 ✭✭Debracd

Stunned! :eek:

at the state of yer womans blouse behind him lol

• Registered Users Posts: 12,309 ✭✭✭✭Bard

Yeah, it's been done to death :)

(this story is 2 months old)

http://blog.niallok.com/index.php/2008/02/11/the-amnesiac-teflon-taoiseach/

Bard wrote: »
    Yeah, it's been done to death :)
    Not in this forum.

(this story is 2 months old)
    ... which is pretty much what I said in the original post.

Gadjodilo wrote: »
    Not in this forum.

Yeah, but it would seem there's actually more Internet out there, past the boards.ie borders!

I know, I was shocked too!
    ... which is pretty much what I said in the original post.

You also said "Any thoughts on this, people?" - any my thoughts were that it's been done to death (on various blogs, news sites, radio stations, and more).

Clearly you're insulted by Bertie's lack of geographical knowledge of your favourite county. Feel free to mail your upset and your anguish to 2 months ago when it was relevant and people cared. It's old news. "Yawnage", if you get my drift :)

Bard,

In your haste to adopt a tone of faux superiority, you made a fatal mistake: you didn't read the entire thread.

Had you bothered to, you'd have found I said this:
    "I think people overreacted to this. I think that when he said he was talking about the Republic of Ireland and not Cavan, he meant that he was speaking in general about the whole country, not just one county."

So I'm actually defending His Bertiness.

It's perfectly normal to post a thread in a particular forum dealing with an issue if that issue has not been dealt with in that forum already. The fact that it's been discussed elsewhere is neither here nor there.

• Advertisement

Gadjodilo wrote: »
    you made a fatal mistake: you didn't read the entire thread.

Funny how people assume that. I actually did read the entire thread, but out of boredom, I felt like baiting/trolling you. Seems it worked.
    So I'm actually defending His Bertiness.
    God knows why, but good for you.
    It's perfectly normal to post a thread in a particular forum dealing with an issue if that issue has not been dealt with in that forum already. The fact that it's been discussed elsewhere is neither here nor there.

I've been on boards.ie 8 years (roughly 95 times as long as you've been here, it would seem). I already know what's perfectly normal, but thanks for trying to educate me all the same. Now watch as I spectacularly fail to learn from you. :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 175 ✭✭Overdraft

Funny how people assume that. I actually did read the entire thread, but out of boredom, I felt like baiting/trolling you. Seems it worked.

God knows why, but good for you.

I've been on boards.ie 8 years (roughly 95 times as long as you've been here, it would seem). I already know what's perfectly normal, but thanks for trying to educate me all the same. Now watch as I spectacularly fail to learn from you. :)

As a relative newcomer, just curious: do Mods ever get banned for being obnoxious to posters?

Bard sweetie,

The whole point of trolling is that you try to offend the other person; not make yourself look silly. What you did was a simple mistake but you greatly compunded it by adopting an arrogant attitude. This is the internet equivalent of swaggering into a nightclub with your fly undone.

Let it be, my friend. Let it be. As a token of my goodwill, I'll let you have the last word. :p

G.

"sweetie"??? ... Er, okay.

Look, I'm not that bothered really - honestly, I don't care. I was pissed off and bored and maybe felt like being a bit arrogant - for that I apologise. No offense meant. I just pointed out that it was old news - and pretty minor news at that. Don't take it so seriously :)

No need to apologise. I wasn't offended; I just probably sounded that way! I didn't know you were a moderator. I've done it in the past myself - albeit on a far less busy website and it's NOT nice.

Given the cr*p you have to put up with, you're allowed the odd occasion to let go at someone.

I'm not a moderator on this forum (... although I used to be).

Cheers anyway.

Advertisement