Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Today is the 20th Annual Arab League Meeting....what would the outcome be?

Options
  • 29-03-2008 4:33pm
    Registered Users Posts: 998 ✭✭✭

The annual Arab League summit has opened in Damascus today, but already some states in the region have announced boycotts. The political crisis in Lebanon, which has left the country without a president since November, appears to be one fo the main reasons along the Palestinian case.

At the moment the Arab nations are suffering from a wide divided front when it comes to a number of regional issues such as Lebanon, Palestine, Iraq and Iran. A number of solutions were submitted by a number of the arab states however judging on current American ME policy will it threaten the solution or help solve this troubled region?

Al Jazeera English New Link

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 13,186 ✭✭✭✭jmayo

Suff wrote: »
    The annual Arab League summit has opened in Damascus today, but already some states in the region have announced boycotts. The political crisis in Lebanon, which has left the country without a president since November, appears to be one fo the main reasons along the Palestinian case.

At the moment the Arab nations are suffering from a wide divided front when it comes to a number of regional issues such as Lebanon, Palestine, Iraq and Iran. A number of solutions were submitted by a number of the arab states however judging on current American ME policy will it threaten the solution or help solve this troubled region?

Al Jazeera English New Link
    Of course Iran is not an Arab state and thus not a member of this salubrious organisation. They don't know what they are missing I bet ;)

I am not allowed discuss …

• Registered Users Posts: 998 ✭✭✭Suff

I Know, but it became a major player in the region and now the arabs need to address their relationship with the Persian state.

Advertisement