Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Travellers in Waterford?

2»

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,407 ✭✭✭Baby4

This post has been deleted.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,649 ✭✭✭Not The Real Scarecrow

Bring back Hitler......

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,162 ✭✭✭Quigs Snr

Credit where its due, I was cycling out the carrickpherish road today and a behind a cluster of caravans, one of the men was out with the kids collecting rubbish in the grass around where they were camped. Good to see and proof that they are not all filthy feckers like the Kilbarry crowd.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,679 ✭✭✭Freddie59

Quigs Snr wrote: »
    Credit where its due, I was cycling out the carrickpherish road today and a behind a cluster of caravans, one of the men was out with the kids collecting rubbish in the grass around where they were camped. Good to see and proof that they are not all filthy feckers like the Kilbarry crowd.

Oh please. FFS they are illegally parked. Dirty feckers the lot of them. Did you bother looking at the other end of the road where they have benn moved on from - and seen the state of it?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,162 ✭✭✭Quigs Snr

I didn't say they weren't Freddie, this is a different crowd to the ones that were moved from the bottom of the road. I pass them about 4 times a day so I am pretty familiar. Don't get me wrong, I don't want to be laying eyes on them at all, and the better half won't go jogging when they are up there, but at least this bunch were cleaning up after themselves, unlike the usual crowd. So thats something.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,728 ✭✭✭dazftw

They shouldnt be there period. I hate walking past them going into town! They also try to sell stuff aswell.. What I dont get the last few weeks everything they have tried to sell is the exact same.. from 3 different people at different times.. with the same stuff.

Network with your people: https://www.builtinireland.ie/

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,657 ✭✭✭trishw78

Did you ever hear of the "I'll just put it this box here and oh I'll give you this box with the rocks in it trick." the hand is quicker than the eye

• Moderators, Education Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators, Regional South East Moderators Posts: 24,056 Mod ✭✭✭✭Sully

Sorry for the delay in responding, busy with work. Taking the time to relax and respond now :)
    Freddie59 wrote: »
    Which Halting Site are you talking about Sully? Have you seen the state of the Crrickphierish Road near the illegal encampment at the moment?:confused:

On the road that circles Ballybeg, just of the Kilbary Road (the turn on your right as you pass the halting site heading towards the ORR). Anytime iv driven past that road the caravans parked illegaly have kept there spot fairly clean. Iv only ever seen one bad patch.

The Port Road section seems to be very tidy and fenced in. I dont see any rubbish near the patch there.

The Kilbarry Road outside the halting site is AWFUL.

Dac51 wrote: »
    I hope you're not talking about the Kilbarry halting site / Ballybeg Link Road. I live nearby and I can tell you now that the Ballybeg link road is an absolute kip. Dead horses and dogs have been found in adjacent fields by the council. The amount of rubbish and filth in these fields is nothing short of a disgrace. A new childrens park was built on the link road and I have never seen children play in it because traveller children are intimidating the local children.

BTW, I was driving along the link road in the past few days and saw a '08 Lexus parked outside a caravan a few times. Wonder how many days that traveller worked to pay for that car. :mad:

I thought the Ballybeg Road was fairly okay when I drove up it. The road that is. Whatever about fields, it could be from any of the caravans (halting site or ones parked on the road).

There are settled travellers who always end up making a fair bit of money it seems. I suppose they are pretty hard workers and not all of them earn money ripping people of (thats a fact really).
    trishw78 wrote: »
    Sully I hope what your not calling the travellers on the Port Road CLEAN. They've been dumping their rubbish in the man made lake nearby. They've also been lighting illegal fires and all that stone that is dumped on the grass around their vans is also illegal. They have also been harrassing a lot of the local people that take there dogs for a walk on the nearby IDA road.

Never seen this lake, or illegal fires. When I drive past, its nice and tidy. They give a big friendly wave when I drive past to. Seem harmless, but I have heard other storys stating otherwise. Not experienced it myself.
    I do believe they've also been moved on just before the Easter Holidays but I'll know more when i go back to work tomorrow.

Nope, still there. No security guard there at night. Always security at the Port, ever before they came!

• Registered Users Posts: 265 ✭✭junkster12345

Tellox wrote: »
    While I'm sure there are some decent travellers (yet to meet any), the ones I've had experience with should have been aborted sometime during their first 40 trimesters.

There's one that lives near me, a little fat one, who gets great kicks in trying to get milled down by my bike. And while I'd love nothing more than to slam into her at 40mph (80% die that way), I'd only end up having to pay for the paint damage to my bike, amongst other things.

When not throwing herself under my bike, she throws other things - ranging from bottles, to rocks. Worst case scenario, a firework. Following this incident, I hopped off the bike and gave her a bollocking - to which I had to answer to her mother about.

Same traveller once decided to live in my food bin on collection day. So the mammy was up that day, noticed her out there, and tore her out of the bin, admist cries of "THIS IS MY HOUSE!". And following that, up comes her mammy again, threating to tear our heads off.

Her brother is about 18 or 19 now (still looks about 12, inbred ****ers), and I've seen him in the back of a squad car countless times. Her sister runs out on the estate and tries to open the doors of any cars - if one opens, she'll either live in there until forcibly removed, or just rob anything of value.

Her other brother goes around stealing the dust caps off of cars/bikes etc, and tries to sell them back to people. And if you take them back by force, mammy will be up. If he runs out of dust caps to steal, he usually steals the neighbours pets. One such case is the neighbour didnt pay up, so her cat was shot repeatably with a pellet gun, glass bottles broken off it etc etc. Apparently the cat died from this, but I havent actually spoke with the neighbour herself, so can't really confirm that one.

My own mam also used to drive taxi's for a living, until a traveller got in one night, and beat her senseless while she was driving - the traveller telling her that she's not dead, she'll be disfigured. So the mam taps in the SOS call on the meter, and the traveller hops out and does a runner. Never got done for it either.

Lots of other small cases such as getting my phone robbed, getting a good chasing etc etc, but this is enough of an essay as it is.

tl,dr; more bad than good. If they were all reported dead in the morning, I'd die myself from laughter.

they could be good for one thing if you ask me, extras for a new"the hills have eyes" movie !
    they sure would be good looking enough !

Sully wrote:
    Nope, still there. No security guard there at night. Always security at the Port, ever before they came!

I'm not talking about at the port I'm talking about at the IDA road by the roundabout, as you're heading back towards Abbey Park. That's also where the pond/lake is.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Education Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators, Regional South East Moderators Posts: 24,056 Mod ✭✭✭✭Sully

trishw78 wrote: »
    I'm not talking about at the port I'm talking about at the IDA road by the roundabout, as you're heading back towards Abbey Park. That's also where the pond/lake is.

Ya that's where I was talking about though I wasn't sure what area you meant by the Security Guard.

Where is this pond/lake?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 478 ✭✭wellbutty

Us non-travellers are the ones being discriminated against!!!

How long would your freedom last if:
    - you decided to start throwing all your rubbish out on the green
    - dumping your white goods on the road
    - demolishing (brick by brick) the houses on your street
    - kept a horse in your front garden

Sully wrote:
    Where is this pond/lake?

right where that Secuity Guard is did you never wonder why there was a wooden walk way out to 'nothing' you'll have to slow down and get outta your car next time and have a decent walk around, be warned if I catch you beyond the Coffey hoarding I'll hunt you out again :D

Ah but bless those Travellers on the port road welcomed a new member of the family on Monday morning their horse had a fole in the middle of the road and animal welfare came to congratulate them.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 20,759 ✭✭✭✭dlofnep

With all this rubbish talk - is their a rubbish service/bin collector that comes to halting sites? Just curious.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 130 ✭✭markymac

dlofnep wrote: »
    With all this rubbish talk - is their a rubbish service/bin collector that comes to halting sites? Just curious.

Don't know but I'm sure the tax payer would be paying for the service not the client. Most of the places look like the rubbish truck has dumped there, not collected anyway.

• Registered Users Posts: 77 ✭✭radharc05

wellbutty wrote: »
    Us non-travellers are the ones being discriminated against!!!

How long would your freedom last if:
    - you decided to start throwing all your rubbish out on the green
    - dumping your white goods on the road
    - demolishing (brick by brick) the houses on your street
    - kept a horse in your front garden

LOVE IT :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,898 ✭✭✭✭seanybiker

I'd love a horse in me garden. Yupyup

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement