Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Gaeilge in Roanmore?

• 29-03-2008 5:02pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 20,759 ✭✭✭✭

Hi there, does anybody know if the Irish classes are still going on in Roanmore centre. I gave them a buzz there but the youngfella on the phone wasn't too sure about it.

If so, what night is it on? Times? Contact details etc...

Thanks,

John.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 20,759 ✭✭✭✭dlofnep

Rang them again tonight, they said they are no longer ongoing. Does anybody know of any other classes, courses or anything in the City. It would have to be at night as I have college by day. This is extremely important to me and I would appreciate any help I can get. Even if someone wanted to organise conversational classes, that would be great too. Preferably tuesday or thursday or friday nights as I have work monday and wednesday nights,

Thanks again,
    John.

• Registered Users Posts: 146 ✭✭racram

My kids go to a Gael scoil so I'll ask around.:)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,079 ✭✭✭Gadgie

Is that Irish language book shop on the quay still there? Think they organise classes.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,620 ✭✭✭Roen

I did the course up there a few years back. Was good fun I have to say :) Plus I learned a bit of the ould mother tongue. I've been threatening to go to a Gaeltacht for a few years now. Just never seem to be able to get the time.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,620 ✭✭✭Roen

Gadgie wrote: »
    Is that Irish language book shop on the quay still there? Think they organise classes.

Sadly closed as funding from udaras na gaeltachta was withdrawn.

• Advertisement

racram wrote: »
    My kids go to a Gael scoil so I'll ask around.:)

Thanks, appreciated.

And yeah, the shop was closed down. Trotter from on here told me about it once.

It's such a shame that someone as eager and keen as myself who wants to learn can't find an avenue. If I'm willing to make time, with college and work on my shoulders as it is then surely the Government should be able to assist in this. It's getting to the point where it's becoming frusterating that I don't have the opportunity to learn. :(

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,079 ✭✭✭Gadgie

I see on the WIT website that there is a "Gaeilge for Primary Teachers trained Abroad" evening course offered which might be suitable, but the next intake won't be until September. Might be worth bearing in mind if you haven't found anything before then.

Gadgie wrote: »
    I see on the WIT website that there is a "Gaeilge for Primary Teachers trained Abroad" evening course offered which might be suitable, but the next intake won't be until September. Might be worth bearing in mind if you haven't found anything before then.

I know a teacher who did that course and I think it might be too high level for myself.

• Registered Users Posts: 154 ✭✭lost_for_words

The tech do an evening conversational Irish course but you'll probably have to wait until next September. You could always give them a call and check it out, they also have some info on their site.

sound, thanks.

• Advertisement
Advertisement