Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Debrand voda's samsung f700

Options
  • 29-03-2008 5:23pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1,509 ✭✭✭

Got my hands on a cheap f700, and quite like it for the music player's wroooooom, but a lot of other stuff's "retarded" thanks to voda's firmware (can't change homepage e.g. Which is stupid! Can't even say "no homepage" - always have to start with vodafone live portal,,,..) - anyhow: have done it with nokias and sony ericssons,but never with a samsung... Anything out of the ordinary to consider? (i have the drivers, flash-file and exe, but just wondering... And the phone's clean - so nothing to back-up)
    thanks

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,337 ✭✭✭kingaaa

Hi Strecker. I just got one too and the vodafone branding is ****e! I'm on o2 so keep me posted on how you get on, i'd be interested in getting this done myself. BTW, are you doing it yourself or getting it done in a shop?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2 pharmazist

kingaaa wrote: »
    Hi Strecker. I just got one too and the vodafone branding is ****e! I'm on o2 so keep me posted on how you get on, i'd be interested in getting this done myself. BTW, are you doing it yourself or getting it done in a shop?
    dito - I bought a second-hand one last week - the musicplayer sounds awesome!!! but the vodafone branding sux - apparently you can do a whole lot more when unbranded?! any luck, strecker?

one handy thing I did find was a "hidden" menu. Just type
    *#1234#
    then open the slider and press the # button on the keyboard 4 times. You will be able to adjust ringing and headphone volumes, and there is also a graphic equalizer. If you just press the # button 3 times it brings up another hidden menu - a bit too avanced for me. Any of you lads know how to get a converted movie to play in full screen?

I was also on to GSM solutions, they can fully unbrand it for €35, its just a pain in the arse trying to get into town during the week.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,509 ✭✭✭strecker

@kingaa

that's great info - will try that later!
    Had no luck, so far.
    Got the software from funfone uk... Everything installs fine on pc, but when I connect phone via usb, nothing happens... (buttons are supposed to flash, and then a downloadscreen, but nuddin'!!!)
    i emailed them - will see what happens (at least it didn't kill the phone!!! The bright side, I 'spose!)

i kinda like it anyways - for fancy features I have an n95... - the music quality is quite good on the f700, and operamini works well on it - though I wouldn't mind installing teashark instead, but it's not supported yet :(

• Advertisement

strecker wrote: »
    @kingaa

that's great info - will try that later!
    Had no luck, so far.
    Got the software from funfone uk... Everything installs fine on pc, but when I connect phone via usb, nothing happens... (buttons are supposed to flash, and then a downloadscreen, but nuddin'!!!)
    i emailed them - will see what happens (at least it didn't kill the phone!!! The bright side, I 'spose!)

i kinda like it anyways - for fancy features I have an n95... - the music quality is quite good on the f700, and operamini works well on it - though I wouldn't mind installing teashark instead, but it's not supported yet :(

I might just drop it in to the shop to be done and save the hassle. I still cant get video files to play in full-screen, any idea how to do it?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1 jamie_87985

to play videos on full screen they have to be converted to (H)440 (W)240 rsulution works perfect for me :)

• Registered Users Posts: 23,212 ✭✭✭✭Tom Dunne

to play videos on full screen they have to be converted to (H)440 (W)240 rsulution works perfect for me :)

This thread is over two years old. :)

Advertisement