Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

Ford Fiesta Bushes

Options
  • 29-03-2008 5:47pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1,223 ✭✭✭

My '00 Ford Fiesta just failed the NCT. The Axle Bushes (not Wishbone bushes) on the rear left and right are worn and CV Boot on right front is insecure.

Any idea how much this will cost to repair?

I am thinking of changing the car soon. Will I get much more for the car if it passed its NCT? or should I cut my losses and trade it in now?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 6,638 ✭✭✭zilog_jones

I had to get the rear axle bushes and shock mounts replaced on my '98 Fiesta recently. Cost me €350 or somewhere around there for both of those. How did you not notice the noise from the worn bushes? :confused:

Worn bushes and the likes seem to be a common enough issue with these Fiestas, so you shouldn't worry about it, especially at this age. But it is definately something that needs to be sorted out! Dunno about the CV boot.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,223 ✭✭✭georgem25

I was told the CV boot is just a small tube that needs replacing so this is only a small job

• Registered Users Posts: 23,357 ✭✭✭✭mickdw

georgem25 wrote: »
    I was told the CV boot is just a small tube that needs replacing so this is only a small job

The actual boot is only a few euro but it has to be fitted over the end of the drive shaft so there is a bit of work involved. 60 - 70 euro perhaps for the cv boot job.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,223 ✭✭✭georgem25

Estimates given over the phone - €80-100 for each of the bushes, then the tracking would have to be redone 45 and the cv boot 60.

Advertisement