Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Making an offer to Estate agents via E-mail.

Options
2»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 820 ✭✭✭jetski

well i still havent offered them anything, im really just going over it in myhead... i just walked upto the house and there is really alot of noise polution from a national road thats about 2 fields to the rear.... :confused:

The house is 100% perfect

The side garen is too but not the back

but the noise is putting me off..... i think

sadie9 wrote: »
    You want this house far too much to be allowed near any estate agent, you'll definetely be talked up and pay too much for it.

I think that maybe a factor also...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 330 ✭✭irishpartyboy

OP, it sounds like you've got phone phobia. Nobody, I mean nobody, will take an an email offer seriously.

Who cares what your email address? I could send you an email right now and use a source address: george@thewhitehouse.gov

If your serious about the property, I'd call into their office and meet the selling agent face to face. Jot down everything you want to say, know it exactly, and make your offer.

All they can say is No.

but i know if i walk in shes say something and ill start talking and end up convincing myself its not a bad deal..... make a higher offer

• Closed Accounts Posts: 330 ✭✭irishpartyboy

Go in with a figure in your head & aim for it but you must be prepared to haggle and have an limit in your own mind. Even if you don't strike a deal first time, at least you'll get a good handle on what kind of offer is acceptable.. then you can go away and work out if in fact you can match that figure...

There is absolutely no way you will get the same response or feedback via email.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 37,299 ✭✭✭✭the_syco

jetski wrote: »
    i just walked upto the house and there is really alot of noise polution from a national road thats about 2 fields to the rear....
    This is bad, as a few estates only have low noise levels, as there are walls and trees between the houses and the road (or in the case of Esker Lawns, a duel-carriageway).

• Registered Users Posts: 1,466 ✭✭✭Smoggy

The placing of an offer is a really simple process.

1.) Ring the EA with you're offer (you don't even need to justify it).
    2.) Sit back.
    3.) If they call you back looking to renegotiate, you're in. Stick to you're price.
    4.) If they don't call back after a few weeks, you're price is too low. You can call back offering a higher price, but you have given you're hand away and power is back on thier side.

That's all. It's awaiting game. And be willing to walk away.

370-330 is an achievable drop in my opinion.

@ the_syco The sounds issue really is the only problem... ive looked it up on google earth and there are 4 fields and a brick wall between the house and the road, the day i went up you could everything on the road very clearly, in saying that it was a very clear and still day so i dont know... it really is the only thing putting me off, everything else is near perfect.... location, house, price, side entrance but not the noise, ill walk up today and see what its like....

i think 330 is cheeky but a vaulable offer considering the plot its on and also the fact its being sold buy the builder....

• Closed Accounts Posts: 890 ✭✭✭patrickolee

So you've just created threads today with the following titles...

"IMF warns of Irish housing slump"

"Managing Housing Sector Boom-Bust Cycles"

"March home registrations slump 73%"

"Dell announces further job cuts "

Are you really interested in buying that house, or is this just idle chatter?

just idle chatter, is that ok oh great one????

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,466 ✭✭✭Smoggy

Did you ever email over your offer ?

Well,

i went to look at a friends house in the same estate that they had just bought,

she said they actually viewed that house 4 months ago and offered €340,000.00 directly to the builder and he refused flat out and was fairly certin he wouldnt take that amount, so i might just wait for a suitable house in the estate to come up.....

The funny thing is the girl in the estate agents said it was only on the market 3 weeks.... :rolleyes:

• Registered Users Posts: 9,798 ✭✭✭Mr. Incognito

write down your points and ring.

If I got an e-mail with grammar and spellings mistakes along the lines of your posts above I'd be sticking to the 400K.

SetantaL wrote: »
    write down your points and ring.

If I got an e-mail with grammar and spellings mistakes along the lines of your posts above I'd be sticking to the 400K.

Why would you be sticking to the 400k? please explain i have to know.....

What on gods earth has grammar or spelling to do with what i offer? is my money less valuable because ive made a spelling mistake.... would you stop wasting your time and my time talking rubbish.... :o

• Registered Users Posts: 7,739 ✭✭✭Bluefoam

They won't believe you work for the government if you cannot spell correctly ;)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 890 ✭✭✭patrickolee

jetski wrote: »
    would you stop wasting your time and my time talking rubbish.... :o

I think we could say the same thing to you!

well thats me fecked so!:eek:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 209 ✭✭smooth operater

Why haven't you put the offer in?! What have you to loose? are you waitin for someone else to make an offer and get it?
    Pick up the phone and make them the offer, dont listen to them if they start chattin about it worth alot more, give them the offer and stick by it

• Registered Users Posts: 7,739 ✭✭✭Bluefoam

I'm not sure this guy has any real interest.

well im just very precautious in fairness.... im taking my time going over it in my head to make sure its what i want.... there are two houses so no rush and their both on the market about 4 or 5 months from what i gather.. :confused:

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 56 ✭✭sarahhurray

Jetski you sound nervous, understandably so, buying a house is terrifying, on your own doubly so. Bear in mind estate agents know ftb's are nervous and may try to talk down to you. The important thing to remember is that you make your offer and if it's refused for whatever reason you will say 'i'll give it some thought and get back to you'. You don't commit yourself to sticking to your price or upping your price until you've had time to think and talk to people you trust.
    How about getting a friend to ring and inquire if the builder is prepared to consider offers?
    There's always the possibility that four months on your offer is grabbed with both hands.
    There's no rush to put in your offer by the sounds of things. The longer you leave it the more likely there are to accept your offer, though obviously you run the risk of someone else getting in there first. Doesn't sound like there's a queue however.
    The fact that it's a builder means they should have a pretty healthy profit margin to cut and if they see the place won't move at the current asking price have no option but to talk a cut.
    Good luck whatever you decide!

Thanks for that sarah,

the estate agent did say the builders were accepting offers...

The only thing thats putting me off this house really is the "hummm" from a main road about a half a mile to the back....

Ill give you an update what ever the outcome

JSki

• Closed Accounts Posts: 56 ✭✭sarahhurray

good luck!
    ;)

Advertisement