Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Can I ask why someone was banned?

Options
  • 29-03-2008 7:21pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 383 ✭✭

Any reason why Pathfinder was banned? The guy was getting a lot of flack for bigging up the SAS and the like. Just wondering what happened that got him the boot!
    Post edited by Shield on

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 40,867 ✭✭✭✭Xavi6

Links etc?

• Registered Users Posts: 17,727 ✭✭✭✭Sherifu

He lost his way.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 383 ✭✭DILLIGAF

hahaha "I'm sure it said take a left..."

ah I just spotted it on his name there? "location-banned" The guy has been really helpful to me, kinda 'meh' that he's not around now. If you can't say then no worries and sorry for asking. Maybe only a temp ban?

ooohhhh censorship on historical military tactics, be them paramilitary/terrorist/counter terrorist/coalition etc, what he said in the post you linked to is simply what happened and what has now been documented. But yeah, people get offended and other people get banned! meh cheers anyway

• Advertisement

I'm sure if they feel they were wronged they'll make their way here or to the help desk.

yeah I guess, he does get quite a lot of flack around here though. ah well, thanks for letting me know!

• Registered Users Posts: 17,247 ✭✭✭✭6th

Why not just PM him rather than start a thread about his ban?

I always thinks its weird when one member statrts a thread asking about anothers ban.

well I thought he was banned from the site....surely that's reason enough to ask mods, the inability to ask the person! :confused:

• Registered Users Posts: 19,396 ✭✭✭✭Karoma

DILLIGAF wrote: »
    well I thought he was banned from the site....surely that's reason enough to ask mods, the inability to ask the person! :confused:

It'd also make more sense to ask the mods directly then, rather than waiting for them to chance upon a Feedback thread. ie. You could have sent Hagar a PM.
    Just sayin'...for future reference...

• Advertisement

But I didn't know hagar banned him, I was only linked to the reason/thread for the ban upon starting this thread. There really didn't seem to be any other way for me to find out.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,793 ✭✭✭✭Hagar

Ok here's the deal.

The guy was banned for 1 week previously for being disruptive. He re-regged to start posting again without asking for the ban to be lifted. His re-reg account was as troublesome as his first. Technically he was still banned and could have been perm banned from the forum or even site banned for the re-reg. But I'm a nice guy so I let it slide, I allowed him some slack on the re-reg because he did it after the week ban was up. Following an exchange of PMs he agreed not to act the maggot or use the second account again. Since then he has caused more grief. I infracted him and gave him a one week ban. His reaction via PM was to call me a coward and wanker. Not at all nice. I try to be polite and fair in all my dealings with posters as a mod. I don't think I deserve personal abuse.

He is now perm banned from the forum. I don't like doing that but there are many more people using the forum who I have to consider. As Mr. Spock said "The needs of the many outweigh the needs of the one".

Hagar wrote: »
    His reaction via PM was to call me a coward and wanker. Not at all nice.
    Well, he deserves a siteban for that. You're too nice Hagar. Those wine drinkers are turning you soft. :pac:

Hi Hagar! Yeah ok, opinions are one thing, name calling is another,especially when your trying to help him out. Your ban is completely justified although you don't need me to tell you that!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,315 ✭✭✭A-Trak

A banned poster in a military based thread eh?.....
    DILLIGAF wrote: »
    Hi Hagar!

Quote the above loudly and at pace.

I feel like Peter Sellers in Dr Strangelove.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,986 ✭✭✭Red Hand

While we're on bannings...why was the mod scojones banned? He used to be the mod of Afterhours. Did he have a breakdown and go postal or something?

While we're on bannings...why was the mod scojones banned? He used to be the mod of Afterhours. Did he have a breakdown and go postal or something?
    Wouldn't share the love apparently.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,986 ✭✭✭Red Hand

Ha, makes things more mysterious!:)

• Registered Users Posts: 2,214 ✭✭✭wylo

while pathfinder was a bit off topic and tended to get in arguements, i personally found his threads and the info he put up very interesting even if I personally didnt agree with him. He also helped me personally alot with by putting up links to a marine fitness training schedule, and other bits of info regarding long marches etc. Its a pity really

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,469 ✭✭✭weeder

wylo wrote: »
    while pathfinder was a bit off topic and tended to get in arguements, i personally found his threads and the info he put up very interesting even if I personally didnt agree with him. He also helped me personally alot with by putting up links to a marine fitness training schedule, and other bits of info regarding long marches etc. Its a pity really

why dont you unban him :pac:

• Advertisement
Advertisement