Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Touring?

Options
  • 29-03-2008 7:25pm
    Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 3,961 Mod ✭✭✭✭

Anyone here go on tours? Always fancied the idea of tripping down France and back of legging it around Ireland.
    As Longfield, getting a proper tourer and either camp or B&B it.
    Coastal Ireland would be nice to kick off I reckon.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 6,860 ✭✭✭TinyExplosions

I'd love to do it, unfortunately her indoors is most decidedly not a cyclist :(

• Registered Users Posts: 15,389 ✭✭✭✭Supercell

Planet X wrote: »
    Anyone here go on tours? Always fancied the idea of tripping down France and back of legging it around Ireland.
    As Longfield, getting a proper tourer and either camp or B&B it.
    Coastal Ireland would be nice to kick off I reckon.

That the plan, this summer I'm going to bike it around Ireland and see the places I haven't before.
    Very interested in any boards touring stories here.

Have a weather station?, why not join the Ireland Weather Network - http://irelandweather.eu/

• Registered Users Posts: 1,833 ✭✭✭dmigsy

I'm a budding touring cyclist too. I plumped for a Cannondale Touring Classic last month and am training at the moment. Really pleased with the bike so far. The only things I'll change are the rear cassette (I want some really low gears for the Alps:eek:) and stick on some armadillos.

Probably heading off on my tod as "her indoors" has a full time job and can't be arseing around Europe for 5-6 weeks in the summer!

I'm cycling to from Dublin to Rome which might be a little ambitious but I'm a firm believing in the "in at the deep end approach". I'll be camping mostly so will be fully loaded. I've a spreadsheet of all the gear picked up for the trip here somewhere including cost and weight itemisation (yes I am a geek). Will post it up shortly. Will probably do a journal or blog too.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,276 ✭✭✭kenmc

yeah i've been thinking about ireland too, but not this year i don't think. would love to do france too

• Registered Users Posts: 618 ✭✭✭smithslist

am thinkin of doin one somehwere someday, in my head at the moment is the Mizen to Malin head cycle.........

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 15,389 ✭✭✭✭Supercell

dmigsy wrote: »
    I'm a budding touring cyclist too. I plumped for a Cannondale Touring Classic last month and am training at the moment. Really pleased with the bike so far. The only things I'll change are the rear cassette (I want some really low gears for the Alps:eek:) and stick on some armadillos.

I was looking at that bike too for a long time but after reading about one guys experience with his Cannondale Touring Classic and the comments about it afterwards I was totally turned of that bike.

Snapping chain..WTF?.,....it happened him three times!!triple WTF"
    Snaps once..**** happens..but again and again..???

No way hose.

Have a weather station?, why not join the Ireland Weather Network - http://irelandweather.eu/

Advertisement