Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

New XBOX Live Coming

• 29-03-2008 8:05pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 1,220 ✭✭✭

From

http://www.xbox360fanboy.com/2008/02/18 ... the-works/

Microsoft's careers websites just created (not on purpose, of course) a brand new and very exciting Xbox Live News that may tell us where the Live platform is headed. According to the first draft of Microsoft's Program Manager job listing (which has since been reworded), the job description reads out like the second coming of Christ Xbox Live, saying:

"Want to be involved in the next release of Xbox? Join the server-backed games team, part of the Xbox Live team that's responsible for creating a completely new way for mainstream audiences to enjoy the Xbox and Live. We're building the games, the console interface and logic, and the server support for a totally new Live experience. Both the games and the dashboard experience will be deeply paired with dynamic server support to create a compelling, fresh scenario each time."

Ooo, fresh scenarios! But what exactly does that mean? We really aren't sure, but it could mean big changes for Xbox Live and big changes for how subscribers use the service in the future. Now that we think about it, we're putting our Vegas money on Xbox Live becoming a virtual reality contrived, Rock Band listening, chatpad enhanced, open Marketplace, ninja-like service with free soda refills. And yes, we have had way too much caffeine this morning.

Also users who are currently on Xbox Live will need to Renew there subscrition to upgrade to this new Xbox Live service with a yearly charge of £80 per year. This gives you access to even more demos trailers and content each year.

No way im paying that much unless its something awesome.

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,828 ✭✭✭unklerosco

I'm assuming the games will get dedicated servers etc... It would wanna be kick ass and deffo include the free soda refills for £80 a year....

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,174 ✭✭✭✭Captain Chaos

So basically this will be like Sony's yet to released Home service which will be free and MS want to charge us over €120 a year for.... it better be good or this will finish them.

A better idea would be to make Live Gold free and €60 a year for this new service, that would make sense.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,570 ✭✭✭Damien360

A better idea would be to make Live Gold free and €60 a year for this new service, that would make sense.

Agree completly.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,225 ✭✭✭Ciaran500

The story has been removed, also the last paragraph seems odd. The price of the service is not something you would put in a job advert and it doesn't really fit in with the paragraph before., just seems like an after thought.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,397 ✭✭✭Evolute

Well thats a big load of horse S**T it would want to be some bloody amazing service for me to pay that much a year even if this story isnt just rumours

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 906 ✭✭✭FuzzyWuzzyWazza

So basically this will be like Sony's yet to released Home service
    Exactly how are you coming to the conclusion???
    If it does happen it should just replace GOLD, and then there would be no confusion with possibly 3 levels of LIVE!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 26,583 ✭✭✭✭Creamy Goodness

i thought when i read the title ohh good they may cull the multiplayer tax, but no they thinking of fecking increasing it :rolleyes:

ohh well there goes my idea of getting an elite

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,586 ✭✭✭cedomination

This better be an april fools joke :mad:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,142 ✭✭✭koHd

Major Nelson said a recent update on Xbox Live had no current noticeable upgrades to the dashboard or any games. But it was code being put in place for a future development coming to Xbox Live.

Sounds like they are preparing this mega upgrade that was rumoured.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,132 ✭✭✭silvine

Yes but what will this mega-update entail?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 55,530 ✭✭✭✭Mr E

What would you like to see? :)

For me:

1. Ranking of games in the Marketplace (so its easy to find the good ones)
    2. Time-based jump in movie playback (so you can jump to 30 minutes in, instead of fast-forwarding for a couple of minutes)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,249 ✭✭✭✭Kinetic^

I'll probably cancel my subscription if it goes any higher.:mad:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12,401 ✭✭✭✭Anti

Kinetic^ wrote: »

fo' shizzle mah nizzle !

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,761 ✭✭✭✭Winters

OP; Do you want to provide working links for this outragous posting?

Also, did you notice the date on the items in question also, the source for your origional posting is of Feb 18th at the time of this years GDC, so if there was actual talk of raising the cost of the Xbox Live Gold Subscription I am sure some more information would have come out and that all the other news sites would be reporting on it.

It appears all the rumours of a raised cost are nothing more then a load of ****e stirring steming from one job posting. I am sure MS know that if they were to increase the subscription they would actually loose users and not gain any new ones. If anything there is more of a chance of having a smaller subscription for inbetween Silver and Gold to allow you to play online and no other benefits.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 44,027 ✭✭✭✭Basq

Mr E wrote: »
    2. Time-based jump in movie playback (so you can jump to 30 minutes in, instead of fast-forwarding for a couple of minutes)
    My XBOX remote has that.. it has a skip chapter button which skips 5 minutes.

Jealous.. I know you're jealous... ooooooohhhh, ain't jealousy a bee-yatch?! :D

I'd prefer a wider support of DivX / XviD versions to be honest...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 17,661 ✭✭✭✭Helix

you do realise that it says:

""Want to be involved in the next release of Xbox? Join the server-backed games team, part of the Xbox Live team that's responsible for creating a completely new way for mainstream audiences to enjoy the Xbox and Live. We're building the games, the console interface and logic, and the server support for a totally new Live experience."

its for the next xbox lads

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,148 ✭✭✭mehfesto2

What files does the Xbox accept on a DVD +RW disc? I've tried to '*ahem make replications of *ahem movies that I already own, but it won't play the buggers. That I already own. Through purchase.

Also, what's the craic with the downtime? Should've been up a half an hour ago. And me with feck all else to do today. Typical! :rolleyes:

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 8,486 ✭✭✭miju

yep didnt even know it was goin down. was about to hop on for a bit of COD4 till that plan got shot down in flames :(

I got COD 4 the week before last. It's unbelievably good. I played Halo for a bit, but I havn't played it since.
    Halo was FAR to easy-And I'm a pretty poor gamer. Just hit lvl 55 last night. Dunno if I'll do prestige - I almost have the golden snipers!

• Advertisement

mehfesto2 wrote: »
    I got COD 4 the week before last...

Just hit lvl 55 last night

christ lad have you done anything apart from play it the last few weeks!!?!?

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 8,486 ✭✭✭miju

[QUOTE=mehfesto2;55725493Dunno if I'll do prestige - I almost have the golden snipers![/QUOTE]

I'm currently lvl 26 on prestige 1 after getting this game a month or so ago. will not be going to prestige lvl 2 or futher.

pain in the ass :mad::mad::mad::mad:

Why is it a pain in the ass? Are you sick of COD4?

Helix wrote: »
    christ lad have you done anything apart from play it the last few weeks!!?!?

Well I just played headquarters, really, so it wasn't that big of a feat. You get up to 1000pts a game there, like!

HQ eh? There's a double experience weekender the weekend after this one. Level 55 here I come.

• Registered Users Posts: 499 ✭✭TheBigEvil

Kinetic^ wrote: »

Yea I'm with you on that......Its been a pretty ropey service of late even for 60euro a year. Christmas was terrible, I remember not even being able to get a game going in Halo 3.

And its not liked there are plenty of freebies to download when being a gold member (huh huh huh !). Movie trailers and game demos should be free anyway. Giving people the pick of an arcade game even once/twice a year to download would be nice.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Arts Moderators, Entertainment Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 16,647 CMod ✭✭✭✭faceman

Helix wrote: »
    you do realise that it says:

""Want to be involved in the next release of Xbox? Join the server-backed games team, part of the Xbox Live team that's responsible for creating a completely new way for mainstream audiences to enjoy the Xbox and Live. We're building the games, the console interface and logic, and the server support for a totally new Live experience."

its for the next xbox lads

Well spotted

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 3,073 ✭✭✭mickoneill30

faceman wrote: »
    Well spotted

Dunno. I think the console interface should be bolded. That doesn't necessarily mean its for the next gen.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,505 ✭✭✭nevaeh-2die-4

mehfesto2 wrote: »
    I got COD 4 the week before last. It's unbelievably good. I played Halo for a bit, but I havn't played it since.
    Halo was FAR to easy-And I'm a pretty poor gamer. Just hit lvl 55 last night. Dunno if I'll do prestige - I almost have the golden snipers!

im coming near my 2nd prestige & not bothered 4 going to a 3rd as soon as gta4 comes out i will prob only be playing cod4 the odd time & the last thing ya want to be is leveling up again.

• Advertisement

Dunno. I think the console interface should be bolded. That doesn't necessarily mean its for the next gen.

its the console interface for the new xbox

its extremely clear, theyre building the new machine to be a brand new experience and theyre looking for staff to help

im sure therell be current live updates, but im 100% sure this ad is specifically for people to work on the 360s successor

Advertisement