Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Premiership Schmremiership. =P

• 29-03-2008 8:16pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,046 ✭✭✭

La liga week 30. (I think)

Villarreal - Atlético
    Almería - Levante
    Valladolid - Zaragoza
    Betis - Barcelona
    Getafe - Osasuna
    Recreativo - Athletic
    Espanyol - Racing
    Deportivo - Murcia
    Valencia - Mallorca
    R Madrid - Sevilla

Barca one up thanks to Bojan with a nice finish after acrobatics from Eto'o. 0-1.

Edit;

0-2, Etoo, what good form, 12 goals in the league in something like 12 games.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 20,346 ✭✭✭✭KdjaCL

16' Real Betis 0 - 1 Barcelona
    22:00 Villarreal ? - ? Atletico Madrid

March 30
    17:00 Almeria ? - ? Levante
    17:00 Espanyol ? - ? Racing Santander
    17:00 Getafe ? - ? Osasuna
    17:00 Recreativo Huelva ? - ? Athletic Bilbao
    17:00 Valencia ? - ? Mallorca
    17:00 Valladolid ? - ? Zaragoza
    19:00 Deportivo La Coruna ? - ? Real Murcia
    21:00 Real Madrid ? - ? Sevilla

Barca 1 up tru Bojan and could close to within a point. Morrow Sevilla will destroy Madrid away ....lol

edit 2-0 Etoo

kdjac

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,046 ✭✭✭eZe^

Damn You!

Edit- Ah, god bless merging.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 20,617 ✭✭✭✭PHB

This is why Barca and La Liga are such a hilarious league, at times, they are just perfection personified.
    Still, who'd really be surprised if Barca let in two easy goals to draw 2-2?

I swear to god if you jinx this for Barca Im personally coming to your house and making you eat my hat. ;)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,096 ✭✭✭An Citeog

Barça absolutely dominated Betis in the first half. Hopefully more of the same in the second with another goal for Bojan and one for Iniesta.

Still though, Betis shouldn't be playing this match at home. They've got a 2 match stadium ban for the incident with the Bilbao keeper that should have come into effect for this match. The game was originally set to be played in the Vicente Calderon in Madrid, but Betis appealed it on the grounds that Sevilla are playing in Madrid this weekend and there'd be trouble between the supporters. The ban is due to come into effect for Betis' next home game.

The Man United match put me in a really good mood and I'm enjoying this aswell. Looking forward to Villarreal-Atletico at 10 aswell;definitely a good day's football. I really should be studying though, got an exam first thing Monday morning!:(

• Advertisement

An Citeog wrote: »
    I really should be studying though, got an exam first thing Monday morning!:(

Join the club man, quantum mechanics and quantum statistics exams coming up and are going to F me in the A.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,563 ✭✭✭kinaldo

An Citeog wrote: »
    Still though, Betis shouldn't be playing this match at home. They've got a 2 match stadium ban for the incident with the Bilbao keeper that should have come into effect for this match. The game was originally set to be played in the Vicente Calderon in Madrid, but Betis appealed it on the grounds that Sevilla are playing in Madrid this weekend and there'd be trouble between the supporters. The ban is due to come into effect for Betis' next home game.
    (
    Speaking of which, we're still waiting for Barca's home game ban (from the pig's head incident with Figo many years ago) to come into effect. Last I heard it was subject to yet another appeal from the club.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,056 ✭✭✭~Marky~

Looks like Betis are making a comeback :eek:

Should be 2-2, Im 20 quid richer if it stays 1-2 though!

Edit- Penalty saved, this game is getting ridiculous. 2-2 now, how frustrating. Im on my way with my hat PHB.

heh good 2nd half tho

kdjac

• Advertisement

3-2.... HAHAHAHAHA, this is amazing... Absolutely amazing. Frank might lose his job tonight!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,168 ✭✭✭Royale with Cheese

F*ckin hell

what a turnaround by Beties :eek:

Aj jaysus thats a ****ing screamer.

3-2 betis

kdjac

This has gone too far. Varteks Varazdin would know how to defend that lead.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,184 ✭✭✭✭Pighead

Unlucky Barcaboltona.

Looks like itll be a Schalke- Man U semi... :)

Frank out, Steve Mclaren in please. ;)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,529 ✭✭✭Im_No_Superman

Id say Mourhino is sending his agent over to Barcelona as we speak. :)

This is what I'm saying! What a crazy league! not good, crazy :) It's actually hilarious. Is it a chocolate flavoured hat?

But honestly, is anybody really surprised? If United play Barca, jesus christ, we gotta focus on their set piece defending, its shocking

We'll see if you're smiling when I make you eat my hat...

WE HAD A DEAL PHB!

Im actually in disbelief, I cant stop laughing, completely surreal.

• Advertisement

It is, it's so absurd it's actually funny, because we just don't know what else to do :)

Ive never called for a manager to be sacked before because its only fair to let the manager prove his worth. Seriously, Frank is an absolute clown and needs to get his suitcase packed and leave. How can you self destruct so badly? What did he say in the dressing room 'Good work guys, now go out, do absolutely nothing at all and we'll go home'. I dont care now if its a radical manager like Mourinho, but there needs to be change.

http://www.herts.police.uk/crystal/images/talktofrank.jpg
    Maybe Frank needs to ask himself if he's got a drug problem. :p

PHB wrote: »
    This is what I'm saying! What a crazy league! not good, crazy :) It's actually hilarious. Is it a chocolate flavoured hat?

But honestly, is anybody really surprised? If United play Barca, jesus christ, we gotta focus on their set piece defending, its shocking

As a United fan, if we get to the semis (and the match against Roma is far from a foregone conclusion), I'm glad we'll face the winners of Barça-Schalke, rather than an English team. They've got some unbelievable talent going forward but are so shambolic at the back this season it's untrue. What an absolutely stupid peno for Abidal to give away. It's not just that they're weak in the air; if you go at them with pace and power, they'll crumble. They've been shocking since before christmas and Rijkaard's days are most definitely numbered. The only thing stopping the board from getting rid of him is the fact that there's nobody out there to replace him.

Anyway, 15 minutes into the game between Villarreal and Atletico and it's still 0-0. Rossi started, so I'm hoping for a good showing from him.:)

Villreal winning 2-0 superb game, quality players all over the pitch.

Expect atletico to get a goal or 2 themselves.

kdjac

2-0 Villarreal, goals by Cazorla and Nihat. 2 assists for Rossi!:)

Senna is definitely setting himself up for a starting XI place at Euro 08.

3-0

Real 62
    Villareal 59
    Barca 58

:pac:

kdjac

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 631 ✭✭✭andrewie

Reald Madrid v Sevilla just about to kick off on SS1

Expect goals..

Goalll

Gabi Heinze with his first goal for Real Madrid after 8 minutes.

Looked offside..

• Advertisement

1-1

Kanoute 38 min left foot strike.

Madrid had 4 or 5 good chances to stretch their lead but failed to take them.

One minute later, Raul battles his way through the box and puts the ball in the top corner!

Great finish.

2-1 :eek: that was quick Madrid scored back

Raul's 290th goal for Madrid in 64X games (203 in La Liga).

Joint 2nd highest scorer in their history, 23 behind Di Stefano.

Also the all time top scorer in the CL and Spain's all time top goalscorer.

Fupping LEGEND! And still only 30!

21 goals this season and we won't get to see him in Euro 08 this summer. Tragic.

Rauls re-emergence has been phenomenal alright.

3-1 Madrid.

Gonzalo Higuian 65 min.

• Advertisement

i hate mardid , hate guti far far more tho. filthy dirty petulant player.

kdjac

KdjaCL wrote: »
    hate guti far far more tho. filthy dirty petulant player.
    and the king of assists.

kinaldo wrote: »
    and the king of assists.

He can be the king of spain for all i care, his tackle on Capel and his dive under Alves pretty muchs keep him in my low opinion.

/played match today we won 10-2 quite pissed atm seen 1st half in pub, home now still hate Guti :D

kdjac

In the first five minutes he dived and wanted to ref to book the player.

He dives at least 20 times a match. Have never rated him.

andrewie wrote: »
    Have never rated him.
    Well you're in a minority. Every Madrid manager and supporter over the past 15 years rates him, very highly.

Just watch his performance against Barca at the Nou Camp last season. He can be unreal.

• Advertisement

Well you're in a minority. Every Madrid manager and supporter over the past 15 years rates him, very highly.

The same way pool fans rate gerrard, or man utd fans rate ronaldo? a fans view can be skewed.

Also Guti was transfer listed 3 times in the last few years cos hes a (damn bannable word) so not all madrid managers rate him, guti refused to go hence the fans loving him. Still doesnt make his attitude, diving or filthy dirty tackles accepablte.

seriosly i hate that guy :p

kdjac

KdjaCL wrote: »
    The same way pool fans rate gerrard, or man utd fans rate ronaldo? a fans view can be skewed.

Also Guti was transfer listed 3 times in the last few years cos hes a (damn bannable word) so not all madrid managers rate him, guti refused to go hence the fans loving him. Still doesnt make his attitude, diving or filthy dirty tackles accepablte.

seriosly i hate that guy :p

kdjac
    I'm not a Madrid, Man U or Liverpool fan but I rate all three players very highly. I think it's your view that might be skewed...

Which Madrid managers transfer listed Guti? He's always been an integral part of their team / squad. Del Bosque called him his 12th man when they were the best team in the world.

I think Guti is world class when you are on form, worse than me when you are not. I really dislike him for some reason, but I'm not actually sure why to be honest :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,658 ✭✭✭✭Peyton Manning

PHB wrote: »
    I think Guti is world class when you are on form, worse than me when you are not. I really dislike him for some reason, but I'm not actually sure why to be honest :)

Homophobe...

:D

+1 for the anti-Guti fanclub!:D

There's just something about his face that makes me angry!:mad:

Anyway, I think tonight was the night that Madrid wrapped up the title. Barça will be concentrating solely on the CL and I really can't see Villarreal putting a run together to challenge them. Still mightn't be enough to save Schuster's job though!:eek:

That not true. Guti has always had the potential to be one of the best midfielders in the world, and Madrid fans have been saying this since 1996, the guy is 31 and he's never delivered consistenly. For every night he's majestic there's 6 more where's he's been terrible.

Ive always hated the guy, its just his demeanor, the way he thrives on people disliking him. He is also one of the most disgraceful divers in La Liga. He wont go down as a Madrid great imo.

Anyway, it looks like this weekend was the time when bad finishers scored some goals. Higuain seriously needs to get sharper. Madrid have the title. Now hopefully a Pellegrini/ Lippi/ Mourinho will be at the helm of barca for the next league campaign. Onwards and upwards.

Advertisement