Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Vodafone Email A/C deleting and creating of a new one?

Options
  • 29-03-2008 9:05pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 5,538 ✭✭✭

hi,

I have vodafone contract....and have a vodafone email address........ala myname@vodafone.ie

now, i've had it for a few years, and all i get now all day long is probably 50 or 60 spam emails and then 50 or 60 text alerts telling me i have these mails - its annoying.
    The vodafone online email a/c is rubbish....and filering spam on it is crap.

so, I want to create a new vodafone email a/c and stop the texts coming to my phone.......
    how do you go about this?
    Help please.

Thanks in advance.

NIF.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 4,027 ✭✭✭flywheel

first port of call i'd suggest is Vodafone customer care...
    http://www.vodafone.ie/helpsupport/personal/contactus/index.jsp

• Registered Users Posts: 1,536 ✭✭✭Pataman

Why dont you setup a gmail account? You can get it to check your other email account and get rid of all the spam.

• Registered Users Posts: 772 ✭✭✭X-Calibre

Call vodafone and they'll delete your My Vodafone a/c. You can then start a new one with a new email address

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1 GreenBoy1

OK I have reached the end of the line with the Vodafone email service, it is just too frustrating to keep using. :mad:

- It regularly cannot be accessed from Internet explorer, (25% to 50% of the time) It was like this from the start and it only slightly improved
    - To add it to a mobile device is an ordeal, I had to ring vodafone each time I added an account to iPad, iPod or android device, miraculously it started working after I would call them!
    - Regularly on the mobile device it fails to connect

I started using vodafone email before smart phones were about so it was useful for the feature that texted you when an email arrived and the fact you could probably use you name i.e. forename.surname@vodafone.ie, whereas gmail, yahoo, etc. are so big it would probably be gone.

But I cannot take it anymore. I am switching. I will have to go though all the various accounts I have and switch the email account they use (Bank, Utilities, etc.).

The email service is obviously not something of importance to Vodafone, if it has not improved in the last 10 years I cannot see it improving now, they should just exit the sevice and stop wasting their customers time.

Maybe I am the only one left using it!:confused:

Well that is my rant over. :rolleyes:

(Rubbish, poor, Vodafone, email, cannot connect, fail to connect,
    Could not connect to the specified mail server. Please check your account settings.)

Vodafone.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 8,324 ✭✭✭chrislad

young_frankenstein1.jpg

IT'S ALIVE!!

• Advertisement
Advertisement