Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Went Redneck Shooting today.

Options
  • 29-03-2008 9:51pm
    Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 16,401 Mod ✭✭✭✭

Turns out Knob Creek is right around the corner from me, and as a website I'm on had a gathering, I decided to tag along.

It's... different.

H&Ks galore. Most full-auto. G36 was extremely light, but I'm really not sure what to make of the dual-optic. The 'top' optic is an unmagnified red dot, and the 'bottom' optic is a x3 reticle. The bottom one is good, I'm less convinved by the top one.
    hktabletf2.th.jpg

If you wish to avoid a public panic when transporting your silenced Uzi, harken back to Chicago mobster days and use a gun case that doesn't look like a gun case.
    guncasewf3.th.jpg

You're only looking at two rifles here. I had mentioned the modularity of modern rifles before: By just changing out the top half of an AR-15, you can go from a silenced .22LR to a .50cal Beowulf. Only the bottom half is considered the rifle and thus tracked by serial number.
    upperslk0.th.jpg

Fancy something heavy? This BAR might do the trick. Magazine empties pretty quickly. You can imagine the problem as it was the squad sustained fire weapon in WWII.
    barzw0.th.jpg

Still not heavy enough? There were a number of .50cal BMG rifles.
    50calek5.th.jpg

Shoot enough API rounds (Armor piercing inceniary) at almost anything, and it'll burn eventually. In this case, a Ford.
    targetzg1.th.jpg

Of if you prefer moderately heavy, but lots of them, how about an M1919 .30 cal?
    m1919is5.th.jpg

This is a neat gizmo. To load .22 magazines, just shake them into this little gadget, insert magazine in the bottom, and push a button repeatedly.
    speedloaderps1.th.jpg

I have no idea what it is (Beyond "12-Gauge"), but it's interesting.
    sweeperlv8.th.jpg

This HK SMG empties the full mag of .45ACP bloody quickly.
    ump45jw7.th.jpg

Similarly, I have absolutely no clue what this is.
    noidea1ms2.th.jpg

I've got to go back when I have my new rifles. I felt a little underarmed with my semi-auto FAL.

NTM

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,010 ✭✭✭Dr_Teeth

The Shotgun is a Striker-12.. that last one looks like a MAC-10 with loads of toys stuck on it. :)

• Subscribers Posts: 4,076 ✭✭✭IRLConor

I initially read the thread title as implying you were shooting rednecks. :eek: Luckily for you I just assumed it was a kind of bird I had never heard of. :D

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 16,401 Mod ✭✭✭✭Manic Moran

Someone posted a video.
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-ZfZ3XnmIyM

It's certainly quite a laugh. You just need to bring craploads of money for ammunition.

Found a picture of myself.

K93.jpg

Other photos.
    K84.jpg

K24.jpg

K12.jpg

K40.jpg

100_4332.JPG

K56.jpg

K63.jpg

NTM

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,461 ✭✭✭foxshooter243

Manic , I went to one of these shoot em up days in kentucky back in the eighties.. real good fun , shot loads of different weapons and had a real ball.:D:D

• Registered Users Posts: 1,041 ✭✭✭José Alaninho

God bless America!:):):)

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,461 ✭✭✭foxshooter243

God bless America!:):):)

and all who sail in her !:D

• Registered Users Posts: 15,023 ✭✭✭✭Grizzly 45

Oh to go back to one of those shoots:D.:cool:But you need to be a rich man for that sport in the US.Just owning one and the ammo is a rich mans game:eek::eek:.

BTW the Mac SMG in the pics is the latest fad to turn the MAC into a more useful pistol.Hanf a CAR stock and front on it.

"If you want to keep someone away from your house, Just fire the shotgun through the door."

Vice President [and former lawyer] Joe Biden Field& Stream Magazine interview Feb 2013 "

• Registered Users Posts: 1,230 ✭✭✭spideog7

Does the "S" stamped on the guys hands stand for sane, and is there an insane stamp :p

• Registered Users Posts: 2,213 ✭✭✭peter-pantslez

thats a well suped up mac 10:eek::eek:

• Registered Users Posts: 1,041 ✭✭✭José Alaninho

The little sawn-off with the external hammers just looks classy, doesn't it?...:D

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 16,401 Mod ✭✭✭✭Manic Moran

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,107 ✭✭✭flanum

"Manic", that link doesnt work, i wonder what thats all about? it would be a help if you put up a description along with your link!! keep everybody guessing huh?

• Subscribers Posts: 4,076 ✭✭✭IRLConor

flanum wrote: »
    "Manic", that link doesnt work, i wonder what thats all about? it would be a help if you put up a description along with your link!! keep everybody guessing huh?

It didn't work for me at the start, but then I refreshed the page and it loaded.

It's a news item primarily about a bunch of people who went to a shoot and shot a minivan with a load of machineguns. Pretty similar to the material posted earlier in this thread.

Advertisement