Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Windscreen cover for camper.

• 29-03-2008 10:12pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,830 ✭✭✭

Hi I was going to purchase one of those internal foil windscreen covers for my recently acquired van, however someone suggested to me that the external ones may be better. Any views on which is the better one ?:)

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,549 ✭✭✭*Kol*

I have an inside one that I have never used. I would say that condensation could form between it and the window. Or on the inside of the cover itself? Not an issue with the outside ones.

I was thinking of putting a curtain between the cab and main area instead of having the windscreen cover. Purely to keep the inside dark when sleeping.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,819 ✭✭✭✭peasant

I take it you mean the insulating kind?

Outside is better (but also more expensive), but unless you're planning to go winter camping in the snow somewhere, inside ones should do just fine.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7 superman2

Many years ago I had a mercedes 307 coachbuilt and there were no inside or outside covers available, as a matter of fact there were not too many campers either. I got some paper and maskingtape and made a template, I them transferred it to a piece of old carpet, when I was satisfied I got some foil backed bubble wrap and encased it in tent canvas. It worked very well and gave more space inside the camper In summer the camper was cool and in winter the van was warm with no condensation

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,830 ✭✭✭shawnee

Thanks for the advice lads and ladies, Think I might try what Superman did and make up one myself, cost of outside ones seems to be over 100 euro.:mad:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,086 ✭✭✭stapeler

During a trip to France I was impressed with this option, insulation by the meter with piping, window suckers etc. All you need is a sewing machine. I currently have curtains but previously had the interior insulation blinds, fould them to be a bit bulky and occasionally next morning they'd have fallen off.
    You could also try some multifoil insulation but it's expensive by the roll.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 161 ✭✭chrisblack

Curtains between the cab and the living area are useful - however be careful that the curtain is not trailing onto the passenger/driver seat when you sit down - I've just pulled off one end of a curtain rail by accidentally sitting on one..

Chris

• Closed Accounts Posts: 161 ✭✭chrisblack

Oh... and I noticed on the LIDL website that there are some winscreen covers coming on special next week..... not sure if they're big enough for a camper - I've not got the tape measure out yet! http://www.lidl.ie/IE/home.nsf/pages/c.o.20080407.p.WindscreenProtector

Yes and I notice that ALDI have a nice windscreen foil cover for 6.99. This is a foil cover probably designed for cars but is a reasonable size.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,549 ✭✭✭*Kol*

Buy a few sets, get somebody who is handy with a sewing machine to put them together for you to the correct size and shape.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,086 ✭✭✭stapeler

Lidl have picnic rugs with thermal underside coming on 21st. Would suit this job nicely.

• Advertisement

Tks will watch out for that one.

Advertisement