Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Body recovered from River Suir

• 29-03-2008 10:13pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,639 ✭✭✭

The body of a young man has been recovered from the River Suir in Waterford.

He has been identified locally as 18-year-old Ross Grant from Waterford, who had been missing for five weeks.

It is understood that the teen died while trying to rescue a friend who had fallen into the water.

http://breakingnews.ie/ireland/mhojojkfsney/

rest in peace

Comments

• Moderators, Regional South East Moderators Posts: 9,040 Mod ✭✭✭✭Aquos76

Glad to hear that they got this poor lad's body. This will bring closure to his family.

May he rest in peace.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,990 ✭✭✭longshanks

yeah its a sad situation all round. i hope this at least gives his family some small comfort.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 20,759 ✭✭✭✭dlofnep

i thought they'd never find him. some comfort for the family that they found him.

• Moderators, Education Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators, Regional South East Moderators Posts: 24,056 Mod ✭✭✭✭Sully

This was a very brave lad. Not many would do what he did, and as a result he has died. Regardless, he died for a good cause. The finding of the body will now bring closure to his friends and family.

May he rest in peace and my condolences once again go out to those who were close to him.

RIP.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 229 ✭✭rohe

agree with the above post

RIP

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 58 ✭✭Stinger-bar

RIP young lad.

Advertisement