Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back a page or two to re-sync the thread and this will then show latest posts. Thanks, Mike.

Axl Rose & Guns N Roses hook up with new management team

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,556 ✭✭✭MizzLolly

This isn't gona help with all those rumours of VR splitting up! I can just imagine what's gona be said... :rolleyes:

It'd be great to see Guns N Roses together again though :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,647 ✭✭✭✭Mental Mickey

MizzLolly wrote: »
    This isn't gona help with all those rumours of VR splitting up! I can just imagine what's gona be said... :rolleyes:

The original line-up reforming????

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8pwOiC8aJrs

The title of this song says it all.

:D

I know, I know..
    'tis just wishful thinking!!! It's not gona happen. I'm happy as long as the other rumours don't kick off again and that they aren't true.

It'd still be nice to see Axl's luck changing though :)

Axl is his own worst enemy, imo.

God help anyone who has to deal with him!!!?? Total prima-donna.

Here's a little gem I found while surfing Youtube.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wUOlDLY8c4U&feature=related

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,576 ✭✭✭lord lucan

slash doesn't think it's gonna happen anytime soon according to this interview with sky news a couple of days ago.

http://video.news.sky.com/skynews/video?videoSourceID=1310935&flashURL=feeds/skynews/latest/flash/slash_u6114.flv

lord lucan wrote: »
    slash doesn't think it's gonna happen anytime soon according to this interview with sky news a couple of days ago.

http://http://video.news.sky.com/skynews/video?videoSourceID=1310935&flashURL=feeds/skynews/latest/flash/slash_u6114.flv

Linky broken???? :(

It's ok...............just watched it. So, according to Slash, NO chance of the original Guns line-up getting back together?? I'm glad, cos it would ruin a great legacy.

http://http://video.news.sky.com/skynews/video?videoSourceID=1310935&flashURL=feeds/skynews/latest/flash/slash_u6114.flv

Nah we're never gona see the original line up again. All we can hope for is that VR don't split and that Axl's new stuff will be worth the wait.
    Guns N' Roses as we loved them, are gone!

in 2012 G N' R will most likely be inducted into the rock n roll hall of fame as appetite will be 25 years old. it'll be interesting to see if they could get it together as a one off for that gig.

QUOTE=lord lucan;55522859]in 2012 G N' R will most likely be inducted into the rock n roll hall of fame as appetite will be 25 years old. it'll be interesting to see if they could get it together as a one off for that gig.[/QUOTE]

They'll probably all appear at that ceremony via video links!??

:rolleyes:

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 36,634 ✭✭✭✭Ruu_Old

From here. :D
    The Guns N' Roses album Chinese Democracy has been nearly as long in the making as, well, Chinese democracy. But now some soda stunters, the makers of Dr Pepper, are leveraging their marketing savvy to aid the advance of democracy—at least the musical kind.

To wit, the pop pushers have offered a free can of their prune-flavored beverage to nearly every man, woman and sweet child in America, if only Guns N' Roses frontman Axl Rose will release the album sometime this year (fyi, the last new GNR album was released in 1993). The only folks to be denied their can o' Pepper by the soda company would be guitarists Slash and Buckethead, with whom Rose has feuded.

But now it seems as if Rose is ready to bury the hatchet, saying, "As some of Buckethead's performances are on our album, I'll share my Dr Pepper with him." Finally, detente.

in 2012 G N' R will most likely be inducted into the rock n roll hall of fame as appetite will be 25 years old. it'll be interesting to see if they could get it together as a one off for that gig.

That'd be oh so good!! :D
    QUOTE=lord lucan;55522859]in 2012 G N' R will most likely be inducted into the rock n roll hall of fame as appetite will be 25 years old. it'll be interesting to see if they could get it together as a one off for that gig.
    They'll probably all appear at that ceremony via video links!??

:rolleyes:

Yeah, you're right :(

I wonder if they played a song together, via video-link, would they all be able to keep the song in "time"??

:D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,820 ✭✭✭grames_bond

Axl is his own worst enemy, imo.

God help anyone who has to deal with him!!!?? Total prima-donna.

that is true but his end product is always top class, he may be a prick but he has the back catalogue to back him up! and the "gnr" comeback tour in the rds was unreal!!

that is true but his end product is always top class, he may be a prick but he has the back catalogue to back him up! and the "gnr" comeback tour in the rds was unreal!!

I wouldn't say "unreal"!? It was good, but not fantastic. IMO, they played way too many songs off AFD, and not enough of CD, which - and correct me if I'm wrong - was the album that they were meant to be promoting on that tour???

:confused:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 15,065 ✭✭✭✭Malice

Nah we're never gona see the original line up again.
    Never say never, money has a strange way of changing people's minds!

malice_ wrote: »
    Never say never, money has a strange way of changing people's minds!

Slash said in an interview on Sky News recently, that, for him at least, it's not about money. It's about the 5 of em actually saying YES. Another thing, can Steve Adler still actually play drums?? Didn't he suffer a serious illness a few years back?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 15,065 ✭✭✭✭Malice

Slash said in an interview on Sky News recently, that, for him at least, it's not about money. It's about the 5 of em actually saying YES. Another thing, can Steve Adler still actually play drums?? Didn't he suffer a serious illness a few years back?
    I'm sure none of them are short of a few bob, but I for one am going to remain optimistic about a reunion. If you think about it, it's incredible that Adlers is still alive. The man was kicked out of Guns N' Roses for doing too many drugs for God's sake! :eek:

From Wikipedia:
    In 1996, Adler suffered a stroke after taking a particularly potent speedball, a cocktail of heroin and cocaine used intravenously. He survived, but now lives with a speech impediment as a result.
    Seems like he can still play the drums.

I'm sure none of them are short of a few bob, but I for one am going to remain optimistic about a reunion. If you think about it, it's incredible that Adlers is still alive. The man was kicked out of Guns N' Roses for doing too many drugs for God's sake! :eek:

From Wikipedia:

I thought the guy suffered a serious stroke.....? It'd be cool to see the original line-up together again, but it's a long shot.

i reckon sorum would do drums if they ever got back together.

the 2006 show was very good but they're G N' R in name only. they're a talented bunch of musicians,no doubt about it but it's axl's band. i only went to hear axls voice again and i wasn't disappointed even if i did get goosebumps at the opening cords of WTTJ.

• Advertisement

I know and WTTJ is one of my fave songs but I doubt GNR will reunite. Slash even said that VR aren't splitting ...

Eurrrggghhh.... I dunno anymore..

• Closed Accounts Posts: 414 ✭✭Duff_Man

would they not just get sorum 2play seen as he was in the final lineup?

• Registered Users Posts: 310 ✭✭hyn-zie

It was crap, brutal, over 40 mins of solo, axl barley on stage for the gig, Robin Finch playing "Beautiful" by Christina A, biggest load of my B@ll@x

• Closed Accounts Posts: 192 ✭✭1408

hyn-zie wrote: »
    It was crap, brutal, over 40 mins of solo, axl barley on stage for the gig, Robin Finch playing "Beautiful" by Christina A, biggest load of my RADIO EDIT

Gonna have to disagree with you there. First of all the Guitarists name is Robin Finck, and he didnt perform Beautiful, it was a duel piece between himself and Richard Fortus. Second, and most important, it was a great show and a great performance by someone (Axl Rose) who I felt would not be able to pull it off. Sure, if you had been at their Download performance a few days later in Donnington you'd have reason to be pissed off, but no the Dublin performance was a credit to the band

On the strength of that performance I saw them in Wembley Arena, London, at the end of July 2006 and that was an amazing performance too

1408 wrote: »
    hyn-zie wrote: »
    It was crap, brutal, over 40 mins of solo, axl barley on stage for the gig, Robin Finch playing "Beautiful" by Christina A, biggest load of my RADIO EDIT

Gonna have to disagree with you there. First of all the Guitarists name is Robin Finck, and he didnt perform Beautiful, it was a duel piece between himself and Richard Fortus. Second, and most important, it was a great show and a great performance by someone (Axl Rose) who I felt would not be able to pull it off. Sure, if you had been at their Download performance a few days later in Donnington you'd have reason to be pissed off, but no the Dublin performance was a credit to the band

On the strength of that performance I saw them in Wembley Arena, London, at the end of July 2006 and that was an amazing performance too

You have the guitarist's name correct, I'll give you that. But he did perform "Beautiful" along with the other guitarists Richard Fortus and Bumblefoot, AT LEAST TWICE, while poor widdle Axl had to take a breather or three in between songs!!!!! It was a good performance, not a great one. Waaaaaay too many songs off AFD.

Oh.........by the way, are you an Axl fanboy??? ;)

the solo's killed the momentum of the gig,just when it got really rocking it would shudder to a halt with another solo. i'm sure some musicians in the crowd appreciated it but it done nothing for me. i'd loved to have heard more stuff off the illusions although i did get to hear my favourite G N' R song ever-"out ta get me" live for the first time.:D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 118 ✭✭WECpoker

http://web.gunsnroses.com/news/article.jsp?ymd=20080327&content_id=a1&vkey=news&fext=.jsp

Are things finally gathering pace in the world of Axl Rose and GNR???

Sounds like the start of good news...Would love to see the original line-up

But will look forward to alternative

they played way too many songs off AFD, and not enough of CD, which - and correct me if I'm wrong - was the album that they were meant to be promoting on that tour???

no the tour was just a comeback/hello we are guns n roses tour, they were sampling some songs off CD but the point of that tour wasnt just to promote that album! if they didnt play those songs off AFD there would have been murder!

he is in his own tribute band "adlers appetitie", i believe they are amazing!!

[QUOTE=grames_bond;55545957]no the tour was just a comeback/hello we are guns n roses tour, they were sampling some songs off CD but the point of that tour wasnt just to promote that album! if they didnt play those songs off AFD there would have been murder!

he is in his own tribute band "adlers appetitie", i believe they are amazing!![/QUOTE]

I know they had to play songs of AFD, but the title of the tour was "Chinese Democracy World Tour 2006"!???

• Advertisement

I know they had to play songs of AFD, but the title of the tour was "Chinese Democracy World Tour 2006"!???

so? thats just the title of the tour, metallica went on the st anger world tour but only played 2 songs of st anger at their gigs (thank f*ck thats all they played off it)

Advertisement