Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Hi Flow Mag Valves,

• 29-03-2008 10:47pm
    Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 11,001 ✭✭✭✭

Im looking to get one of these for my G18c so im wondering if any of ya's have had experience with them, i just got a metal slide and outer barrel so need to up the power a little to allow it to throw the slide properly.,

oh and if any of ya have links to some you tried would be kewl.,:)

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 245 ✭✭cherubaul

hey mate.
    am a big fan of the glock series and either own or have used all the KSC/KWA glocks. I genuinely advise against high flow valves. iirc the mag valves should have adjustment on them to allow for the addition of a metal slide.
    in my experience hi flows cause massive cooldown and gas consumption problems.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 40,291 ✭✭✭✭Gatling

vtec this is what you need,
    1 .hi flow valve
    1.enhanced trigger spring
    1.enhanced recoil spring
    1.metal spring guide,

all available on ehobby ,essiential if you have a proper meral slide on your glock

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 11,001 ✭✭✭✭Masada

the recoil and trigger spring arnt actually essential but i got them anyway, i saw the valves on ehobby too but i was hoping to get a reccomendation on a particular brand since they can be a bit hit and miss, as it is its firing perfectly but it doesnt like the cold too much (like all GBBs really) but in the house the slide locks back perfectly everytime.,
    maybe ill try switching over to the pure propane again just to see if it gets that little extra kick.,
    thanks for the comments lads.,:)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,414 ✭✭✭kdouglas

You know you can turn a standard valve into a hi-flow with a bit of creativity and a dremel, right?

No, but i have a feeling you gonna tell me.,lol
    ill have a nosey at it later and see what i can do., cheers man.,:)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 74 ✭✭Menolias

Hey man I Upgraded my G18c two weeks ago with a metal slide, recoil spring hammer spring and metal mag release catch,i also installled a hi flow gas valve in one of my mags and it works like a charm....real crisp recoil action and easy install.I got all the parts from airsoftshooting handily enough,only downside with the hiflow is you only get one reload instead of two or three with the normal valve,Also the stock gas valves are adjustable so you can dial in gas expenditure to maximise efficiency.Part decription(King Arms High Flow Valve - KSC M93R M9 G17 G19 #KA0801)

nice one mate, im gonna have a tinker with the valve later on and see if theres anything i can do with it.,
    i like the sound of a metal mag release though, i hadnt thought of that before.,

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,414 ✭✭✭kdouglas

vtec wrote: »
    No, but i have a feeling you gonna tell me.,lol
    ill have a nosey at it later and see what i can do., cheers man.,:)

I haven't tried it yet myself, but apparently you can remove some of the brass from the valve to increase flow, if you look at the valve it looks like there are 4 holes in it that gas will flow through, basically you just remove material to make them into 2 large holes instead...

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 14,320 CMod ✭✭✭✭The Master

This might be of some use

How To Make A High Flow Valve

Advertisement