Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Broadband for PS3

Options
  • 29-03-2008 11:39pm
    Registered Users Posts: 19,106 ✭✭✭✭

Took the plunge 2 weeks and finally got a PS3.
    Havent got BB in my apartment at the mo as i only moved in recently.
    What ISP would you guys recommend for the online gaming and probably some light internet browsing???(ive got a great BB connection in work with free reign :D )

Anyone to stay away from?
    Im in Limerick and I havent got an active phone line at the moment which means I dont have a phone number so I cant check to see if broadband is available in my area.
    Ive been looking at eircom,bt,digiweb,smart, but seems a lot of money to be paying just for online gaming.
    Any advice is greatly appreciated.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 6,638 ✭✭✭zilog_jones

Digiweb Metro is probably your best bet if you're not planning on having a phone line. What part of Limerick are you in? I think you might need line of sight to Woodcock Hill, though they might have other transmitters as well.

Do you have cable in your area? Chorus/UPC do broadband here too, though I dunno what they're like.

• Registered Users Posts: 19,106 ✭✭✭✭TestTransmission

Im in Corbally,im basically just looking for the most practical solution...less effort is better.I dont know if we have chorus as im with SKY.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,554 ✭✭✭zonEEE

I hear smart are very good

Advertisement