Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Any Single Ladies in here?

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,556 ✭✭✭MizzLolly

Oooh 'available'... That's a great word for being single

I like that term!!! :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,630 ✭✭✭The Recliner

It is a term i would be wary of someone using

Available doesn't necessarily mean that someone is single

Cool term, has an air of mystery about it

• Closed Accounts Posts: 11,613 ✭✭✭✭Clare Bear

Not single but for the 2 weeks that I was (ha ha fast mover) at the start of this year it seemed like everyone in here was attached so I know what ye mean.

And single girls, enjoy it. Best nights out you'll ever have are with your single girlie mates so go out and point and laugh at boys ;)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,288 ✭✭✭pow wow

Meeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee

Where the men at? :cool: :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 169 ✭✭smiler26

Can I join in????????? :)

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 5,778 ✭✭✭tallaght01

Well, I don't know about how many singletons there are in the LL, but I can officially report that there are no single women left in Oz :p

I work with about 30 women, and I'm blinded by the shine from all the wedding rings!

smiler26 wrote: »
    Can I join in????????? :)

Of course :)
    tallaght01 wrote: »
    Well, I don't know about how many singletons there are in the LL, but I can officially report that there are no single women left in Oz :p

I work with about 30 women, and I'm blinded by the shine from all the wedding rings!

LOL much the same here from the looks of things! ;)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,958 ✭✭✭DJ_Spider

ellscurr wrote: »
    Meeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee

Where the men at? :cool: :D

Singing at Ninja Karaoke! :D Maybe if someone sings Hero you'll fall for them?! :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 7,134 ✭✭✭Lux23

Yea I am single and i do find alot of the threads here centre around the girl's boyfriends.
    What did you get you OH for xmas?
    Where do you buy underwear for your man?
    Show us a pic of your other man.
    Where did you meet your OH?

It goes on and on ,and on days like this it makes me want to cry with frustration but im glad to know im not the only one who feels a bit left out.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 11,613 ✭✭✭✭Clare Bear

Lux23 wrote: »
    Yea I am single and i do find alot of the threads here centre around the girl's boyfriends.

It goes on and on ,and on days like this it makes me want to cry with frustration but im glad to know im not the only one who feels a bit left out.

Aww hugs:(
    It used to be worse for those kind of threads though, I think there's less of them now?

• Advertisement

Thank you Lux, you hit the nail on the head. I didn't ask this question to alienate attached girls, not by any means, it's good to hear people are happy. But like you said, when you're having a particularily 'bad day' and you come to the LL for a distraction, it only seems to be full of "My bf did this" and "I did this for my bf".. lately.
    I just asked because I remember a few weeks back I was missing the ex and came online for a distraction. Many of the threads just made it worse!!

Maybe we should report back here to post all the fun we have being single!! Lets be positive, it's not all bad!! :D

Turns out there's more singletons lurking around here than it appears.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,276 ✭✭✭Alessandra

Yes I am single but growing to enjoy it more and more. Not sure if I'll ever settle. Cannot see myself with anyone for the moment.. Can be lonely if all your mates are out with their partners or awkward if you go on a night out with just couples. Then again I can more or less do what I like which suits me. What annoys me is the pressure from others about finding someone, like as if my life is on hold until "I am seeing somebody nice".

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 16,696 Mod ✭✭✭✭Silverfish

Well, to be honest, only one thread on the front page of the forum at the moment seems to be remotely related to any partners, and that's the cut or uncut thread, and that's just a general discussion.

Do feel free to brag about how great it is to be single :)

I've counted four today?! :confused:

But yeah that's why I posted! :D
    So girlies... what do you like about your current singledom? :)

• Registered Users Posts: 3,145 ✭✭✭SarahSassy

MizzLolly wrote: »
    So girlies... what do you like about your current singledom? :)

At the moment NOTHING. The novelty has worn off. Think thats just after a quiet weekend on my lonesome. I enjoy having total freedom and no one to answer too but it does get lonely :(

• Registered Users Posts: 17,324 ✭✭✭✭Cathmandooo

I wasnt liking those threads either, particularly around xmas time, would have loved to be buying a gift for a fella but I treat myself to something and call it my bf pressie when i'm on my own at xmas :D

I'm lucky cos i've a good few single friends but those weekends where you stay in and do nothing can be a bit depressing!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 169 ✭✭smiler26

I have a big list of pros and cons. Pros:
    • being able to sit about in my pyjamas all day on sunday drinking diet coke and chain smoking without anyone seeing ;)
    • no joint decisions - i.e. if I make plans to go out with mates I don't have to check in with anyone first
    • having my independence back - don't depend on ANYONE for ANYTHING
    • don't feel guilty for having a night out with the girls instead of staying home with BF
    • not as tired going into work anymore as I always have a good night's sleep (that's also a major con as well tho!):rolleyes:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,288 ✭✭✭pow wow

DJ_Spider wrote: »
    Singing at Ninja Karaoke! :D Maybe if someone sings Hero you'll fall for them?! :pac:

LOL. They're probs just busy avoiding me...it happens.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,134 ✭✭✭Lux23

I haven't had a realtionship that lasted longer than a few weeks since I was 19, since 2001. To be honest I really doubt I will ever be able to have one again as im so out of practise.

I have loads of friends and I have a fairly hectic social life but on weekends where I have no money and nothing to do its gets very lonely for me. But most of the time I can busy myself enough to forget about it.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,452 ✭✭✭decies

Single male 40 odd :o
    Cons You have to reliy on male friends
    You cant discuss your feelings to anybody
    People look at you differently when your not a couple.
    Cant go to cinema!!!
    No romantice meals!!!!!!!!!!!
    No nice weekend aways.

Pros

:rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes::o

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 17,324 ✭✭✭✭Cathmandooo

yeah decies it seems harder to be a single male than a single female, I get to go out for nice dinners with a friend, get to go to the cinema, we go for a good few weekends away and can talk to them about anything. Can you not open up to any of your male friends? or do you have any female friends, just for a chat!

decies wrote: »
    Single male 40 odd :o
    Cons You have to reliy on male friends
    You cant discuss your feelings to anybody
    People look at you differently when your not a couple.
    Cant go to cinema!!!
    No romantice meals!!!!!!!!!!!
    No nice weekend aways.

Pros

:rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes::o

That is tough... I alway think its easier for guys cos they can go out for a pint on their own and meet someone to chat too...

I think society looks at ladies of a certain age who are unattached and just writes them off....

SarahSassy wrote: »
    That is tough... I alway think its easier for guys cos they can go out for a pint on their own and meet someone to chat too...

I think society looks at ladies of a certain age who are unattached and just writes them off....

I agree, I always think that it's easier for a guy because men are supposed to be the 'players' and it's acceptable for them to go out on the prowl! lol Women on the otherhand are there to be persued, (talkin' stereotypes here, so nobody take offence)

Poor decies, do guys really NEVER have a deep conversation together?

I agree, I always think that it's easier for a guy because men are supposed to be the 'players' and it's acceptable for them to go out on the prowl! lol Women on the otherhand are there to be persued, (talkin' stereotypes here, so nobody take offence)

+1

I thought ye had it easy....

• Registered Users, Subscribers Posts: 47,304 ✭✭✭✭Zaph

Poor decies, do guys really NEVER have a deep conversation together?

Well I'm 40 and single and I really can't remember having one with any of my mates over the years. Maybe on American tv shows they do, but Irish guys tend not to be the most emotional at the best of times. Sure there'll be serious conversations, but they'd be part of an overall conversation that ranges from the price of petrol to who's better looking, Wilma Flintstone or Betty Rubble. The concept of meeting up with your friends to have a serious discussion about something is pretty much alien.

God and I feel that all womens conversations are deep.... Its seldom to talk about the price of oil and mainly about relationships and feelings... I even find it boring at times... A happy medium would be best...

Most of the threads are about *cough* wannabe *cough* manly stuff alright but the Bar is open to all and sundry

:pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 25,243 ✭✭✭✭Jesus Wept

How's the eh auld pole dancing going there eh? ;)

The-Rigger wrote: »
    How's the eh auld pole dancing going there eh? ;)

Feck!

I knew that'd come back to haunt me :o

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 25,243 ✭✭✭✭Jesus Wept

You gained points +++ for it. :p :pac:

Good work.

Advertisement