Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Any Single Ladies in here?

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,431 ✭✭✭✭Saibh

i'm single for a few years :)

i would see my friends all settling down and getting married etc., and then i ask myself what's wrong with me! i would have gone through a stage trying too hard but it gets you nowhere i found.

at this stage of my life i am quite happy being on my own - just live my life as good as i can and if i meet someone next week, next month or next year so may it be.

you do get used to being on your own - as other op said you have no one to answer to

• Registered Users Posts: 1,060 ✭✭✭Niamho!

MizzLolly wrote: »
    Is everybody in the ladies lounge in a relationship? Most threads seem to mention "my bf" at some stage. Don't get me wrong, I've nothing against people mentioning their relationships, it's great to hear about people being happy :)

Just curious (and terribly bored, so apologies for my dull thread topic) but are there any single people in here?? Or is it just me??? lol :p

"Where did you eet your other half?"

"What Habits really annoy your OH"? ..... yeah i cant reply to those threads either. :)

• Registered Users Posts: 3,145 ✭✭✭SarahSassy

Niamho! wrote: »

"What Habits really annoy your OH"? ..... yeah i cant reply to those threads either. :)

Yeah and

- 'whats the age gap between you and yoru other half'?

- 'How often do you get it?'

I think I am just jealous :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,630 ✭✭✭The Recliner

Moonbaby wrote: »
    :pac:

Well some of us are more manly than others :p

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,556 ✭✭✭MizzLolly

Niamho! wrote: »

Also:

"Undies for men"
    "Wacky Backy" (where op asked if women diskiked their bf's doing it)
    "Rant about your relationship here" (stickied)

That's just the first page!!!
    Anyway that's not even my point, if they want to talk then cool, talk. I just like the fact that there are some single ladies here too and it'd be nice to get some single threads. Really all the ones here relate to relationships. All of them. Even the Brazillian Waxing one ended up discussing how it improved certain posters love lives!!
    Again, I've no problem with it. Just pointing it out and finding out if there are other singles here! :)

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 11,613 ✭✭✭✭Clare Bear

Start some more single threads then girls.

• Moderators Posts: 24,367 ✭✭✭✭ChewChew

Hi ladies. . . . I'm totally new to Boards. . so First off. . . HIIII :).. . and second. . . I'm a 24yo singleton but totally enjoying it. I keep myself occupied with my friends so really I'd have very little time to spend with a guy.. . . In saying that, If I met a guy I wouldnt knock it. But I'm not out there looking. :D

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 16,696 Mod ✭✭✭✭Silverfish

Clare Bear wrote: »

Yup :)

But at the same time, try and accept some people here are in relationships, and will mention other halves / presents from or for other halves / etc, and its just a part of life.

• Registered Users Posts: 26,575 ✭✭✭✭Creamy Goodness

jaysus not much hope for single lads if you're all content being single...

• Registered Users Posts: 11,331 ✭✭✭✭bronte

Zaph wrote: »
    There may be cupping, but we try to keep the belching and farting to a minimum. :D

You coming to the beers next week Bronte?

I'm gonna try get to it yeah! Hope I'm free that night. :D

• Advertisement

Silverfish wrote: »
    Yup :)

But at the same time, try and accept some people here are in relationships, and will mention other halves / presents from or for other halves / etc, and its just a part of life.

I've said a couple of times now that I have no problem with that and that it's not the issue.

Not a matter of 'accepting' anything, most of us here said we're fine being single. That isn't the issue. Nobody needs to take offence.

It's good that it has been pointed out though, there have been a good few 'couple' threads mentioned already and not by me so I'm glad to see it has been noticed by others.

I'll say it again, I have no problem with 'couple' threads but I like that fact that there are posters here willing to welcome in some singles threads too!

Hence - this thread! :D
    ChewChew wrote: »
    Hi ladies. . . . I'm totally new to Boards. . so First off. . . HIIII :).. . and second. . . I'm a 24yo singleton but totally enjoying it. I keep myself occupied with my friends so really I'd have very little time to spend with a guy.. . . In saying that, If I met a guy I wouldnt knock it. But I'm not out there looking. :D

Great, glad to hear it. See, it can be good fun too :);)

I've said a couple of times now that I have no problem with that and that it's not the issue.

Not a matter of 'accepting' anything, most of us here said we're fine being single. That isn't the issue. Nobody needs to take offence.

It's good that it has been pointed out though, there have been a good few 'couple' threads mentioned already and not by me so I'm glad to see it has been noticed by others.

I'll say it again, I have no problem with 'couple' threads but I like that fact that there are posters here willing to welcome in some singles threads too!

I'm not single but I don't really bother with those OH threads either, they don't really interest me so it's not just you single girls that they don't appeal to ;)

And the more single threads the better, bring them on! :)

Cremo wrote: »
    jaysus not much hope for single lads if you're all content being single...

lol get outta here with yer boneitis!! :p
    I'm not single but I don't really bother with those OH threads either, they don't really interest me so it's not just you single girls that they don't appeal to ;)

And the more single threads the better, bring them on! :)

Great, glad to hear it ;)

It's hard enough to find single lads though, unless they are friends or friends of friends. . because alot of guys (that I've met anyways) and just after NSA.

• Hosted Moderators Posts: 13,425 ✭✭✭✭Ginny

Single and Happy about it right now, will be decorating my house soon and can do what I want without anyone asking "But why do they have to match" or "Thats a girls colour, we're not getting that..".
    All my married friends have said they can't wait for my house to be ready, as it will be a proper girls house, with no "smelly boy" decorating..:D

Well I do agree its a contradictions in that (in general) the more foreward guys are up for a fling. Dunno how the human race ever grew when the shy guys dont have the same confidence to approach women :confused:

SS

BTW, I prefer nice guys to the sods.... Dunno why women go for the bad guys...

I went for the bad guy once before. . . and never again will I do that again. Turned out the guy actually had 2 other commitments and another one on the way!!!

So I'm totally for the nice decent, clean kinda guy. But it's really hard to find them. Where do you go to meet that genuine guy whos out to meet a genuine girl?? I'm not aware of any such locations.

I've actually found one ... but he's just so nice I feel kinda confused.
    I've been known to wander more to the bad guy side aswell and got burned for it too so I shouldn't be so reluctant to step onto the good side!! lol
    Oooh the complexity of the female mind!!!

I went for the bad guy once before. . . and never again will I do that again. Turned out the guy actually had 2 other commitments and another one on the way!!!

So I'm totally for the nice decent, clean kinda guy. But it's really hard to find them. Where do you go to meet that genuine guy whos out to meet a genuine girl?? I'm not aware of any such locations.

Try online dating? At least there you know what the men are looking for and you can suss them out first? Ya never know who you might find out there. Just as with everything else be careful.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,806 ✭✭✭i71jskz5xu42pb

I'm not aware of any such locations.
    Ireland's Own Lonely Hearts - you'll get yourself a nice farmer with a few acres and (if you're lucky) some road frontage.

irown0606.jpg

Oh mizzylolly. . . there's nothing worse than being burned because then it totally messes you up when you do meet that nice guy, which luckily, you have!! play wisely with him and play cautiously. . . . ;)

Clarebear. . . To be honest. . . I dont think I could do the whole online dating. I couldnt trust it or anyone thats on it. :(

Ireland's Own Lonely Hearts - you'll get yourself a nice farmer with a few acres and (if you're lucky) some road frontage.

irown0606.jpg

oh jaysus. . could u imagine. hahaha. :D:D

Please... yiz are killing me!!! :(

No more talk of 'lonely' hearts or online dating, pleeeease!! We're pointing out the positives to being single remember!!! :D

of course there are loads of positives to being single.

you can spend all your money on yourself.
    you can wear your worst, ugliest underwear whenever you want!!
    you can go out with your girl friends as often as u like.
    you can 'forget' to shave your legs every now and then

oh the list in endless. :p

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,630 ✭✭✭The Recliner

That sounds like living with my ex :D

• Registered Users Posts: 5,398 ✭✭✭MIN2511

Online dating; tried it but never met anyone through it and now i don't bother...

Dunno where all the men are.........where are ye?????

Funny enough most girls meet nice guys but choose bad ones!

Jaysus, I feel like being single now!

The recliner. . . as I said the list is endles. . .

I dont have anyone to share my tub of Ben & Jerry's Caramel ChewChew with. . (hence the name:D)
    I dont have to ''make plans'' for next weekend.
    I can come home from work and have dinner when I want it. . . take a long bath ALONE and not the get the whole text conversation=
    me- ''I'm just going for a shower''
    him- '' oh ya. . . need someone to scrub your back?''
    me- '' no I'm fine. . . I can manage''
    him- ''well send me a pic when your finished''

you catch my drift?? ha :D

• Advertisement

I've actually found one ... but he's just so nice I feel kinda confused.

Are you sure you are single :p

Sure enjoy the bad boys while you are young but move to good guys around your mid-20's. Just dont take the bad boy seriously and definitely do not let him get into your head. He is for light entertainment only.

Advertisement