Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Any Single Ladies in here?

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,145 ✭✭✭SarahSassy

ChewChew wrote: »
    take a long bath ALONE and not the get the whole text conversation=
    me- ''I'm just going for a shower''
    him- '' oh ya. . . need someone to scrub your back?''
    me- '' no I'm fine. . . I can manage''
    him- ''well send me a pic when your finished''

Oh yeah :D:D They never do give up trying do they ? :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,556 ✭✭✭MizzLolly

Hahahaha Bang on ChewChew!! That's sooo true!

BTW - B&J's chocolate fudge brownie .. mmmmmmmm ...awwwwwww....

Give me a moment...

• Moderators Posts: 24,367 ✭✭✭✭ChewChew

The bad boy that I got interested in was apparantly very interested in me. . . but he was also interested in his wife!! Bad boys are bad for a reason. Avoid at all costs!!

The bad boy that I got interested in was apparantly very interested in me. . . but he was also interested in his wife!! Bad boys are bad for a reason. Avoid at all costs!!

He is gone beyond bad he is Nasty Boy.

Just a quick diversion for all the ladies - if you found out that your 'BF' was married would you tell his wife he was having an affair.. I like to think I would have the balls to but am not sure I would.

Mizz & Sarah. . . these boys are sooo predictable. . . thats the way it is. and I doubt they will change.

I am yet to meet a guy who does not put forward a sexual innuendo after or on the first date!!

Mizz. . . I couldnt give in to my passion for the chewchew. oh yum yum yum.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 8,630 ✭✭✭The Recliner

The recliner. . . as I said the list is endles. . .

I dont have anyone to share my tub of Ben & Jerry's Caramel ChewChew with. . (hence the name:D)
    I dont have to ''make plans'' for next weekend.
    I can come home from work and have dinner when I want it. . . take a long bath ALONE and not the get the whole text conversation=
    me- ''I'm just going for a shower''
    him- '' oh ya. . . need someone to scrub your back?''
    me- '' no I'm fine. . . I can manage''
    him- ''well send me a pic when your finished''

you catch my drift?? ha :D

Most of those things are benefits to single guys too

The harassment I used to have to put up with :D

Hate sharing my Phish Food :p

SarahSassy wrote: »

Just a quick diversion for all the ladies - if you found out that your 'BF' was married would you tell his wife he was having an affair.. I like to think I would have the balls to but am not sure I would.

I didnt tell this guys wife. They have 2 kids and too be honest, it was a short relationship. And as soon as I found out, I ended it and never looked back. But he's still with her. . . and god knows who else. But I could never live with myself if I was the one who broke up ''That Family''

Most of those things are benefits to single guys too

The harassment I used to have to put up with :D

Hate sharing my Phish Food :p

it totally drives me sideways like. but HOW are most of those things a benefit to single guys too???

Are you sure you are single :p

LOL Yeah, I'm very much single. Haven't even spoke to that guy in a few weeks, fizzled out!
    Avoid at all costs!!

Damn right!!!

it totally drives me sideways like. but HOW are most of those things a benefit to single guys too???

The whole being on your own and not having a responsibility to anyone is quite enjoyable when you get used to it

• Advertisement

ah yeah, sorry I catch your drift now The Recliner. oooops. haha :D. . .

but is it true to say that, the single guy has it a hell of a lot easier than the single girl?

• Registered Users Posts: 8,375 ✭✭✭fonpokno

i'm single too! wahey! im grand with it except it's a bit of a wreck the head with the mates sometimes...

all my girly friends are either fabulously in love with their long term menfolk or go out just to get stuck into someone every weekend. so im generally the one sent off to get the coats while they say goodbye (and try to swallow) the latest fella, tis great craic! :p

but is it true to say that, the single guy has it a hell of a lot easier than the single girl?

In what way do you think it is easier?

Ladies on here are complaining about not being able to meet nice guys and I will willing admit that there are a lot of arseholes out there but it isn't easy finding a nice girl either

The Recliner. . . Are you a guy or a girl?? Sorry, I'm new and dont actually know. . lol.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,056 ✭✭✭Tragedy

The girls saying guys have it easier because they can go out on the prowl on their own:

The types of guys in who go on the prowl fullstop, nevermind on their own; are the types of guys you bitch about constantly.

Nice(and I do mean nice, not idiotic milksops who think fawning over girls will somehow make them attractive) guys do not go on the prowl.

In my experience single guys dont:
    Get a movie with other single male friends, have a few drinks and watch the movie at home
    Catch up over a coffee every few weeks
    Go to the cinema together(much)
    Do all the bonding stuff that girls do

A pint, watch the match and the odd house party. Thats it.

The Recliner. . . Are you a guy or a girl?? Sorry, I'm new and dont actually know. . lol.

No worries ChewChew it is never easy to tell these things

I am a guy

Tragedy wrote: »
    The girls saying guys have it easier because they can go out on the prowl on their own:

The types of guys in who go on the prowl fullstop, nevermind on their own; are the types of guys you bitch about constantly.

Nice(and I do mean nice, not idiotic milksops who think fawning over girls will somehow make them attractive) guys do not go on the prowl.

Get a movie with other single male friends, have a few drinks and watch the movie at home

I agree mostly with Tragedy here

I would like to think i am a nice guy, we do not prowl, far to shy for that so it is kind of our own fault that we can't meet nice girls

the recliner. . . I think guys have it easier than girls because a guy can get a call from a mate at 9pm and say we'll be in the local in 20 mins. so the boy can just have a quick shower and throw on something to wear and away he goes. a girl cant just do that. She needs to do the hair, the makeup, wear the nicest outfit, the prettiest shoes, the best handbag, the shiniest earrings etc etc. . .

I know some guys would say 'well a girl doesnt have to do that'' but realistically she does. There is soooo much competition out there with girls that they have too.

and then on another note of how the boys have it easier then the girls. . . A boy can go out and have a one night stand. He's known as a great lad. but the girl who had the one night stand is a slut and all the rest. it's sad, but it's also true!!

###

I dont think either sex has it easy....

My point above was that a fella can go out for a pint on his own, girls cant. I was (due to circumstances out of my control) in a position whereby I had no one to go out for a drink with this weekend and if I were a single guy, who fancied a drink (which I did on Sat night), I could have popped into the local, sat at the bar and had a chat with someone male or female... Its one perk of being a man.

....eeeeeeek!!!

Having read this... maybe I shoulda been more enthusiastic with that nice guy I mentioned above???

FFFFFCCCCUUUKKK!!!!!! :rolleyes:

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 4,056 ✭✭✭Tragedy

MizzLolly wrote: »
    ....eeeeeeek!!!

Having read this... maybe I shoulda been more enthusiastic with that nice guy I mentioned above???

FFFFFCCCCUUUKKK!!!!!! :rolleyes:
    Nah, if you didnt feel the spark, you didnt feel the spark MizzLolly.

Just because he was nice/sweet/whatever, doesnt mean you should be more enthusiastic just because some men are arses.

You dont choose who you feel something for, you just choose whether or not to act on it :)

SarahSassy. . I completely agree with you!! thats how it is for girls.

Mizzlolly. . . if you still have the guys number. . . why not drop him a text??

• Users Awaiting Email Confirmation Posts: 15,001 ✭✭✭✭Pepe LeFrits

That's true in the case of the majority of my friends, however my hetero-life-partner and I do all of the above! I'd say we know each other as well as any girl knows her best friend.

Incidentally, do I know you?

and then on another note of how the boys have it easier then the girls. . . A boy can go out and have a one night stand. He's known as a great lad. but the girl who had the one night stand is a slut and all the rest. it's sad, but it's also true!!

I don't know how true that is in this day and age, it is more socially acceptable for girls to have one night stands than it used to be

and the sort of person who calls a girl a slut probably isn't worth dealing with

I don't know how true that is in this day and age, it is more socially acceptable for girls to have one night stands than it used to be

and the sort of person who calls a girl a slut probably isn't worth dealing with

I think people think it's more socially acceptable because girls dont speak about it. I know when I had a one night stand, I only told my closest friends. . . and when we do have them. . . it ALWAYS with a guy that not many other people know. Boys brag. and unfortunatley thats how girls get a name. .

• Registered Users Posts: 47 ValleyoftheDoll

I found out my Ex was married when he emailed me in work to tell me his wife had found out about me:eek::eek:, i was so shocked, they are still together and he is always contacting me wanting to meet up again, I just ignore him :mad:

I think people think it's more socially acceptable because girls dont speak about it. I know when I had a one night stand, I only told my closest friends. . . and when we do have them. . . it ALWAYS with a guy that not many other people know. Boys brag. and unfortunatley thats how girls get a name. .

I think it depends on the age of the people involved

The main thing there is BOYS brag, not all guys are like this

Nah, if you didnt feel the spark, you didnt feel the spark MizzLolly.

Just because he was nice/sweet/whatever, doesnt mean you should be more enthusiastic just because some men are arses.

You dont choose who you feel something for, you just choose whether or not to act on it :)

very wise tragedy
    Mizzlolly. . . if you still have the guys number. . . why not drop him a text??

Coz I shouldn't have felt like hesitating in the first place, should I?! :o
    I found out my Ex was married when he emailed me in work to tell me his wife had found out about me:eek::eek:, i was so shocked, they are still together and he is always contacting me wanting to meet up again, I just ignore him :mad:

Awww... :( scumbag

Well Recliner. . . if you ever know of these guys who are nice & decent looking for a single 24 yo. . . you'll let me know, right?? ;)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Subscribers Posts: 47,304 ✭✭✭✭Zaph

Certain blokes brag, the so-called bad boys that you all seem to want to steer clear of. Those of us who would be considered "nice" guys tend not to brag about such things.

Advertisement