Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Any Single Ladies in here?

Options

Comments

• Hosted Moderators Posts: 16,186 ✭✭✭✭Maple

jsb wrote: »
    well yes that is more the idea I was going for.

and with that

GO TEAM MAPLE:D

ROFL. :D:D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 603 ✭✭✭BeatNikDub

How long are you single Maple?!

• Registered Users Posts: 5,398 ✭✭✭MIN2511

Speed dating, interesting! please let us know how you get on...

I have suggested it to my friend, she had a good laugh and said NO!..

• Closed Accounts Posts: 603 ✭✭✭BeatNikDub

I will!
    I was very much looking forward to it, as a different way to spend an evening with some friends and the possibility of meeting some new people.....however a male friend of mine has put a bit of a dampner on it all.
    Also, I am over reacting now......what if I get NO dates from it at all!? How depressing will that be!?
    Back to the drawing board again.
    Ah well, youve got to just keep trying I suppose!

• Hosted Moderators Posts: 16,186 ✭✭✭✭Maple

BeatNikDub wrote: »
    How long are you single Maple?!
    About 18 months now.
    BeatNikDub wrote: »
    I will!
    I was very much looking forward to it, as a different way to spend an evening with some friends and the possibility of meeting some new people.....however a male friend of mine has put a bit of a dampner on it all.
    Also, I am over reacting now......what if I get NO dates from it at all!? How depressing will that be!?
    Back to the drawing board again.
    Ah well, youve got to just keep trying I suppose!

Just go for it girl, nothing to lose and you could have a great night of fun!

• Advertisement
  • Moderators Posts: 24,367 ✭✭✭✭ChewChew

Uncontrollably!! And less of the young, I am a mature 27!

A mature 27 year old guy. . . oh man. . . where have you been??? hahaha :D

Ladies.. . . I enjoyed this conversation so much last night, I went out today and bought myself a big bunch of flowers and a tasty box of chox. I'm extremely happy. :D:p

• Registered Users Posts: 3,145 ✭✭✭SarahSassy

ChewChew wrote: »
    Ladies.. . . I enjoyed this conversation so much last night, I went out today and bought myself a big bunch of flowers and a tasty box of chox. I'm extremely happy. :D:p

Wow well fair play to you. Enjoy every morsel :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 11,613 ✭✭✭✭Clare Bear

A mature 27 year old guy. . . oh man. . . where have you been??? hahaha :D

Good on ya, enjoy! ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 12,556 ✭✭✭✭AckwelFoley

cuckoo wrote: »
    I do that do.....you get to pick the time, the film and where to sit, but don't get to talk about the film on the way home.

Add me to the list of single ladies. Ah, well, i don't have to fight anyone for the duvet. :)

i d the very same, i love movies, and alot of the ones i like, id rather enjoy on my own than have a gf or mate moan after how crappy it was.

To be honest, ive seen the odd woman on her own in the cinema, and it to me shows a quality that im instantly attracted to. Independance and self confidence - because you dont care about the "taboo" associated with going on your own - particularly as a woman. So next time ur in the cinema and you see a giant with a mutton head comming your way.. its prob me :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,778 ✭✭✭tallaght01

snyper wrote: »
    i d the very same, i love movies, and alot of the ones i like, id rather enjoy on my own than have a gf or mate moan after how crappy it was.

To be honest, ive seen the odd woman on her own in the cinema, and it to me shows a quality that im instantly attracted to. Independance and self confidence - because you dont care about the "taboo" associated with going on your own - particularly as a woman. So next time ur in the cinema and you see a giant with a mutton head comming your way.. its prob me :D

That's actually a very good point, snyper I've never thought about it, or seen it, but there is something kinda attractive about the idea of a woman going to the pics on her own.

Strange indeed.

• Advertisement

girls I totally am. . . the Smell of lillies in my living room is just devine :D

Snyper. . . what cinema you go too?? teeheehee;)

I dont see the big deal about going to the cinema on your own.... I've done it and its grand. Would be more daunting for me to go for a drink on my own.

Boozing alone FTW!!! :p

i'd never do the drinking alone thing but the cinema is sound like.

welhave any of you ever gone boozing alone in the cinema. That's my next big day out! :D

tallaght01 wrote: »
    welhave any of you ever gone boozing alone in the cinema. That's my next big day out! :D

Just put on an English accent we dont want to reinforce the stereotype of the drunken Irishman :)

SarahSassy wrote: »
    Just put on an English accent we dont want to reinforce the stereotype of the drunken Irishman :)

me in the cinema at midday: 'ello guvnor, one of your finest tickets to see "semi pro" (hiccup). Wots in me brown paper bag? You avin a laugh? It's popcorn of course...Shaped like a bottle (hiccup).

That ok? :p

fuppin hilarious Tallaght. . . hahaha I love it. I'd love to go boozin in the cinema with that drunken english guy :D

me in the cinema at midday: 'ello guvnor, one of your finest tickets to see "semi pro" (hiccup). Wots in me brown paper bag? You avin a laugh? It's popcorn of course...Shaped like a bottle (hiccup).

That ok? :p

'Top notch, mate'

fuppin hilarious Tallaght. . . hahaha I love it. I'd love to go boozin in the cinema with that drunken english guy :D

well, it's your lucky day, coz he's pretty easy :p

• Advertisement

well, it's your lucky day, coz he's pretty easy :p

ha :D I aint never that lucky. . teehee ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 6,756 ✭✭✭Jules

Ok guys, yeah the flirting and such is great but we are not a dating agency. If ya wanna have general chat there is a thread for that. Can we get back on topic if anyone remembers what that actually was.

• Moderators, Entertainment Moderators, Politics Moderators Posts: 14,503 Mod ✭✭✭✭johnnyskeleton

That's actually a very good point, snyper I've never thought about it, or seen it, but there is something kinda attractive about the idea of a woman going to the pics on her own.

Strange indeed.

As in "easy target"? No one will know where she's gone?

Jules wrote: »
    Ok guys, yeah the flirting and such is great but we are not a dating agency. If ya wanna have general chat there is a thread for that. Can we get back on topic if anyone remembers what that actually was.

So this thread is for venting/celebrating your single life expierences now?

oooopppss. . sorrrryyyy jules. . :(

well the topic is about who's single here tonight. . well I for one still am, but I'm loving it. I bought myself a nice big bunch of lillies today,and a box of chox. :D

• Registered Users Posts: 6,756 ✭✭✭Jules

MizzLolly wrote: »
    Is everybody in the ladies lounge in a relationship? Most threads seem to mention "my bf" at some stage. Don't get me wrong, I've nothing against people mentioning their relationships, it's great to hear about people being happy :)

Just curious (and terribly bored, so apologies for my dull thread topic) but are there any single people in here?? Or is it just me??? lol :p

So the op asked if there is any single people on here, and i think she got her answer.

And no need to be sorry chewie, just don't let it happen again :p

• Registered Users Posts: 5,398 ✭✭✭MIN2511

I love going to the cinema by myself, it's my alone time where i relax.... Sometimes i watch 3 movies in a night!
    The whole relationship is weird some days i want to be in a relationship and others i just want to be by myself....

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,556 ✭✭✭MizzLolly

There's an awful amount of flirtin' going on in here, I feel like some kinda madam!!! :eek: lol

It's great to see all the positive attitudes out there, good stuff!!! ;) Sometimes all that's needed is another persons perspective to make you reassess how you actually feel!! :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10 Sassy*

Hi, definitely positive attitudes to be found in here. Im new to the boards and just had to join this thread.

I'm a single lady at the moment and have been for the best part of 3 years bar some short romances.... love my job, friends, and would be considered 'pretty' by some im sure :o. I go on dates with guys i really like but i dont get all lovey dovey and tend to lose interest quite quickly! Can you be too settled in single life?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 12,556 ✭✭✭✭AckwelFoley

My love for the single life is a sham. :o

Advertisement