Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Is My w810i Borked?

• 30-03-2008 3:47am
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 15,015 ✭✭✭✭

The screen on my w810i started to blink white last night. Having googled the problem it seems that the OS might be corrupted and the way to fix the problem is to update the firmware. I downloaded and installed the Sony Ericsson suite and started the update process. It gets as far as 95% and then says the process has failed.
    Is this the only way to update the firmware or is there another way? I was thinking of popping into Meteor with it tomorrow, though I don't know if they will want to or can do anything for me. I'm on bill pay and the phone is about 14 months old.

Can anyone give me some advice/help? I love my phone and don't want it to die on me!

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 19,080 ✭✭✭✭Random

The phone should have a 2 year warranty with Sony Ericsson. Meteor may not honour it as they only do a 1 year warranty, but if you go somewhere like www.mprc.ie they should be able to sort you out. If you have the receipt that should help but usually they can do it from the date code which is usually under the battery.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 15,015 ✭✭✭✭Kintarō Hattori

Hi random,

Thanks for the advice. I was with Meteor yesterday but couldn't do anything as I had no photo id. Heading there today and if I have no luck with them I'll get onto that mprc crowd you've mentioned. Thanks for the advice.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 15,015 ✭✭✭✭Kintarō Hattori

Well fair play to Meteor. They booked it in and sent it off for repair. Far better service than I received from Vodafone a few years back. I had bought a Sony CMD-J7 and had terrible problems with it such as garbled text messages, emergency calls only, randomly turning itself off etc. I brought it back after three weeks and was told that they only guaranteed their phones for two weeks.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 19,080 ✭✭✭✭Random

Glad they sorted it out for you :)

Not sure why they couldn't send it away with photo ID though, sounds very odd.

As for your experience with Vodafone, sounds like a misinformed shop assistant unfortunitly.

Advertisement