Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

MSc - Distributed and Mobile Computing

• 30-03-2008 10:44am
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 274 ✭✭

Hi,

Just wondering if anyone on here are either currently studying or have completed this course?

http://www.it-tallaght.ie/PartTimeCourses/Computing/Name,17540,en.html

It looks very interesting.

Basically just want some feedback on the course:

How many people are accepted onto the course?
    What the lectures/lecturers are like?
    Do companies actively keep an eye on & recruit graduates of the course?
    If you have completed the course are you working in areas specific to Mobile & Distributed computing?
    Are there any skills that are a major part of the course that unless you have them there's really no point starting it (i.e. specific programming languages such as c++ etc.?)

I will contact the college aswell but just wanted feedback from anyone with personal experience of the course?

Any answers to any of the above questions would be appreciated...

Thanks!

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 642 ✭✭✭macrubicon

rcs wrote: »
    How many people are accepted onto the course?
    About 20, but you can choose the order of some modules, so it can vary
    What the lectures/lecturers are like?
    It's a masters so it's all about srarting off your own thinking and research processes
    Do companies actively keep an eye on & recruit graduates of the course?
    Not sure... The first students will graduate this year ( I think) so it's too early to tell
    If you have completed the course are you working in areas specific to Mobile & Distributed computing?
    See above...
    Are there any skills that are a major part of the course that unless you have them there's really no point starting it (i.e. specific programming languages such as c++ etc.?)
    c#!!

Hope you go for it.....

• Registered Users Posts: 111 ✭✭georgiemcgrane

Hey there, Im almost finished the course and have to say, it was excellent. With regards to specific career path afterwards, its really down to yourself to try target companies and areas you would like to work in, the qualification will go a long way to backing your capabilities but from the people actually taking the course there are quite various backgrounds. I think you missed an open day in the college there about a month ago but If you want contact details for people to call or talk to id be happy to pass them on.

Ive completed my 8 taught modules there at Christmas and im currently working on my mini-Thesis which is due in by the end of May (so busy). Overall I have no reservations in recommending the course to people; I have gotten so much from it. Anything you might want to know – just ask !

Advertisement