Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

clubs/activity's for 11yo in dunlaoghaire?

Options
  • 30-03-2008 12:05pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 15

So like the title says i'm looking for things my 11 year old son can join in dunlaoghaire.... any ideas?

Comments

• Moderators, Regional East Moderators Posts: 21,503 Mod ✭✭✭✭Agent Smith

I know of a Few Scout groups in the area if he would be interested in that?

• Registered Users Posts: 441 ✭✭dewsbury

If he is anyway sporty Cuala Gaa in Dalkey is very good & friendly. He need not be great just a bit keen.

Skateboard park in Monkstown fitness centre.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 15 crazym

Great ideas lads thanks , any ideas of costs involved?

• Moderators, Regional East Moderators Posts: 21,503 Mod ✭✭✭✭Agent Smith

Off the top of my head, scouts is 100 per year (insurance) then weekend camps are about 15/20euro each.

• Registered Users Posts: 441 ✭✭dewsbury

crazym wrote: »
    Great ideas lads thanks , any ideas of costs involved?

Cuala would be about 100 per annum.
    However, they would most likely allow your son to try it out before committing to paying. It is very frustrating to pay for a year and then find your child drops out after a couple of weeks.
    If he had a school mate or friend in the club it would make it much easier for him.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 15 crazym

thats great thanks :D

• Registered Users Posts: 456 ✭✭sgt.bilko

Here's a suggestion.

St.John Ambulance Brigade have a cadet division (11-18) in Cabinteely. They meet for training in Cabinteely FC beside Seapoint RFC near Tesco in Ballybrack on a monday 7-9pm.

SJAB provides an outlet for kids to enjoy life and who knows, maybe train them to save a life?

The division consists of male & female and is a worthwhile venture. It's voluntary and the only costs are for uniform and competitions/camps.

PM if you want any more information.

Advertisement