Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

New motherboards

• 30-03-2008 12:15pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 5,111 ✭✭✭

My motherboard died the other day, I bought a new one and installed it and booted windows and installed all the drivers etc, well it freezed up a lot and bluescreened , turns out the motherboard was a bad buy for other reasons so I got a third board, anyway I want this one up and running again, last time I booted windows with the second board it bluescreened, how will I get the third one going, will I just boot it and see what happens or will doing a repair install get it sorted, I really don't want to do a fresh install

Comments

could be a memory problem, did you switch from ddr to ddr2?
    when putting in the motherboard, make sure you dont missplace your screwdriver or scratch it or mess the pins on the processor.

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 92,427 Mod ✭✭✭✭Capt'n Midnight

If the blue screen was STOP 0x0000007B inaccessable boot device then its because the IDE/SATA/hard drivers are different , you'd have to do a reinstall to get windows to redetect the drivers

yes it would be easy for microsoft to boot up from failsafe drivers but going back as far as NT4 it wasn't an option and besides the OEM license by definition doesn't allow you to change motherboard to a different type

since windows has crashed a couple of times already you can't rule out software.

use memtest to check the memory is ok - run over night to be on the safe side.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 865 ✭✭✭humaxf1

You can't interchange motherboards and hard drives/OS installations. Something else is gonna bitch as soon as you get one issue fixed. Just bite the bullet and reinstall. No more worries then.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 84,961 ✭✭✭✭Overheal

Re-install. chuck the HDD into another machine and pull the vitals off it.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,111 ✭✭✭MooseJam

Overheal wrote: »
    Re-install. chuck the HDD into another machine and pull the vitals off it.

yea this is what i ended up doing, thanks for the advice all

• Advertisement
Advertisement