Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

airsoft car boot sale

• 30-03-2008 12:21pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,431 ✭✭✭

hi all

the clocks have changed and the weather is slightly (very slightly) better,

i have just been involved in the sport for 4-5 months now, and have built up a large amount of airsoft related kit,

alot of it can be sold on boards but some items are too small, too big to post or things you just couldnt be bothered posting,

how about everyone doing a spring clean on their kit/aegs bring the unwanted gear along to one of the airsoft sites on a saturday/sunday
    and sell/trade it all, then follow it up with some skirmishing?

maybe the retailers would be interested in setting up their own stalls on the day, the iaa could sort out iaa memeberships etc

just throwing that one out there to see what people think

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,414 ✭✭✭kdouglas

Sounds like a good idea, but personally I dont normally sell any of my stuff off, i've kept every piece of airsoft kit i've bought so far, with the exception of a fobus holster that didn't fit....
    Would definitely come along for a browse and possibly buy if something interested me

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,758 ✭✭✭Stercus Accidit

I've a few bits and bobs not worth starting an ad for, I'd do this.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 718 ✭✭✭heyjay14

Sounds like a really good idea,id go...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 735 ✭✭✭Keggers

I would if I was old enough to drive (or hadn't spent all my money on airsoft kit:o:D:pac:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,984 ✭✭✭NakedDex

Given that I've sold most of the stuff I would have considered bringing to that over the last month anyway, I wouldn't have much, if anything, to bring. That said, I'd definitely go to buy if it was on.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 797 ✭✭✭Spetzcong

kdouglas wrote: »
    Sounds like a good idea, but personally I dont normally sell any of my stuff off, i've kept every piece of airsoft kit i've bought so far

Yep, I'm an airsoft hoarder too, I tend to keep things just incase I ever want to use them again. Also I tend to put a bit of work into upgrading/personalisim my kit, and it just wouldn't seem right to sell it on after that.

I still think that this is a great idea though, maybe you could try and combine it with the all Ireland gathering, have an airsoft car boot sale on the Saturday as people are arriving or the Sunday as people are leaving?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 735 ✭✭✭Keggers

Spetzcong wrote: »
    Yep, I'm an airsoft hoarder too, I tend to keep things just incase I ever want to use them again. Also I tend to put a bit of work into upgrading/personalisim my kit, and it just wouldn't seem right to sell it on after that.

I still think that this is a great idea though, maybe you could try and combine it with the all Ireland gathering, have an airsoft car boot sale on the Saturday as people are arriving or the Sunday as people are leaving?

That is one of the best ideas ever +a number so huge infinity doesn't cut it

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,659 ✭✭✭CrazyRabbit

Good idea, but I donated my spare stuff to the raffle on the HRTA charity day. But, I might see something that I want to buy, so yeah, I'd attend.

• Registered Users Posts: 99 ✭✭vkchris

I have some things to sell and if its ok with G-Tac(i know they have a ot on their plate) i think it would be great to do something like this at the gathering.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 40,291 ✭✭✭✭Gatling

nonex amd myself are working on the idea for a couple of weeks now,not carboot sale but a swap n sale cabin or table at hrta

• Advertisement
Advertisement