Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

For all the neutrals out there ,who do you want to win

• 30-03-2008 2:22pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,247 ✭✭✭

After just hearing one of the commentator's on the Chelsea match say that watching UTD/Arsenal v Chelsea style of football is like night and day.
    So my question is who would the neutrals like to see win the title and why.

And for the this lets say " because " I HATE THE OTHER LOT " is not an opinion

who would you like to see win title 53 votes

Man Utd
    0%
    Chelsea
    35%
    Dont be at yourselftherecklessonesmemon_blank_evad_lhorgDavid19A Dub in GlasgoBrendyggchopperbyrnedeisedevilpp_me129syngindubmodmuffinAckwelFoleythemont85pd101SantryRedgrames_bondKing John V 19 votes
    Arsenal
    13%
    machiavellianmeKoldGuy:IncognitoapplehunterxabiBubs101CHD 7 votes
    I really really don't care
    50%
    VokesNeil3030HelixjankPigman IIZaphKingp35keano_afcsmithy1981ziggyMaliceChardee MacDennisJazzyCionádeZe^CharlieGBXLimerick Dudeshatners basoonXavi6 27 votes

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 40,909 ✭✭✭✭Xavi6

Arsenal. I love Wenger and what he's done with the club and all the young players and obscure foreign signings he's brought in. I'm sorry but I can't overlook my hatred for United (same would go for Liverpool but thankfully they aren't involved).

Chelsea would be acceptable as well.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,000 ✭✭✭Cionád

Unlikely as it is, Arsenal would be my preference.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 729 ✭✭✭scruff321

defo the gunners!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,778 ✭✭✭✭Kold

Arsenal
    Chelsea, haven't really been given a look in. I hate them all you see but I think Wenger and C.Ronaldo are two of the most unlikeable people in the game.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 27,857 ✭✭✭✭Dave!

*puts on disguise*

emm I think United should win, I just think they're good ¬_¬

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 30,746 ✭✭✭✭Galvasean

Nice to see the Gunners being liked, or is it just a case of the lesser of 3 evils?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 15,065 ✭✭✭✭Malice

ROCKMAN wrote: »
    After just hearing one of the commentator's on the Chelsea match say that watching UTD/Arsenal v Chelsea style of football is like night and day.
    So my question is who would the neutrals like to see win the title and why.

I dislike all three teams you've mentioned but I dislike Arsenal the least so I would go for them ;).

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 40,909 ✭✭✭✭Xavi6

Galvasean wrote: »
    Nice to see the Gunners being liked, or is it just a case of the lesser of 3 evils?

Nope I love Arsenal. After City they'd be my favourite Prem team.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,042 ✭✭✭✭chopperbyrne

Chelsea
    Manchester United, because they play the best football.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,608 ✭✭✭themont85

Chelsea
    Man Utd because they play great football coupled with a great defense. Most complete team in the league. Then Arsenal because Wenger has them playing good football and built a team, hate his whinging when he loses though. Chelsea last because I hate watching them and can't get over the fact of how they've got success, sorry.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,469 ✭✭✭guinnessdrinker

As a neutral, I would probably go for Arsenal, Utd, Chealsea in that order.

• Users Awaiting Email Confirmation Posts: 15,001 ✭✭✭✭Pepe LeFrits

Have to laugh at the United and Arsenal fans who voted in this thread. For shame!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,224 ✭✭✭✭SantryRed

Chelsea
    Would like to see United win it.

Just because Chelsea are just terrible to watch and I just don't like most the Arsenal player's personalities. There great for moaning after getting a tackle but when they do it themselves they don't show any sympathy.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,046 ✭✭✭eZe^

I would like to see Arsenal win, but cant see past United, they are the best team in the world atm.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,584 ✭✭✭shane86

Arsenal all the way. Id have probably said Chelsea in Joses day though, Grant just doesnt have the same impact.

Anyone but United, cos...
    ROCKMAN wrote: »

Ah rats :(

Reckon Utd will take it though.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,707 ✭✭✭✭machiavellianme

Arsenal
    Is it ok to say Chelsea because I dont know any of their fans and wouldnt have to listen to them gloat?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,822 ✭✭✭Morf

Villarreal, no question about it.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,213 ✭✭✭✭therecklessone

Chelsea
    I despise Arsenal and Chelsea, suppose I don't count as neutral?

ManYoo for me, they don't annoy me as much as they used to, and I only have to listen to one whiny Utd fan in work, the rest seem more grounded. :D

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 6,315 ✭✭✭Jazzy

arsenal cos no1 reckoned they had a chance at the start of the season... and cos henry left them

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 20,617 ✭✭✭✭PHB

Jazzy wrote: »
    arsenal cos no1 reckoned they had a chance at the start of the season... and cos henry left them

I did :) Does this mean you'll change your vote :)
    Van Nist leaves and United challenge (and win) the title.
    Henry leaves and Arsenal challenge (and still are challenging) for the title
    What can Liverpool fans draw from this?
    They should sell Torres :)

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 88,972 ✭✭✭✭mike65

Dont care

*Folds arms in a huff*

:pac:

Mike.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,219 ✭✭✭invincibleirish

I'd just like to see an exciting title race & finale to the season involving drama and great performances from the big names, Villa are dead ducks and after the 4-0 mauling at Old Trafford are done with the top 4 for the season, so whilst the drama unfolds There will be a parallel world of OTT Squabbling over MON, Randy etc., and the Brum Derby to boot.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,467 ✭✭✭smemon

Chelsea
    Utd are worthy winners and you only have to look at the goals for and against to see that.

Miles ahead of anyone.

Arsenal up until last month had yet to be put under any pressure...

Just like the invincible side at Old Trafford a few years ago, one defeat knocks them off course and it's free fall after that. I think the 4-0 hammering at old trafford in the Fa Cup (mid february) did that, but it could have been the spurs drubbing either in the league cup.

They're chasing 2nd spot now and have been lucky to stay in the hunt even this long, needing a few late goals to salvage draws.

Chelsea have been grinding away and getting results under Grant, fair play to him.. but there's just no flair or energy about them like you get with Utd or Arsenal.

They lack the 'x' factor which Utd and Arsenal have. No doubt Arsenal play the most consistent and attractive game, but they don't play in La Liga and they need to learn how to play dirty when it's needed.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 6,315 ✭✭✭Jazzy

PHB wrote: »
    I did :) Does this mean you'll change your vote :)
    Van Nist leaves and United challenge (and win) the title.
    Henry leaves and Arsenal challenge (and still are challenging) for the title
    What can Liverpool fans draw from this?
    They should sell Torres :)

hahaha, not on ur nelly!
    nah it was mainly cos most ppl were saying how its gonna be between pool, utd & chelski b4 the season started and arsenal got off to a fantastic start. the only thing that would make me hate them is wenger cos as good a manager he is, he seems very.... delusional :)

but tbh, as much as it pains me to say it - utd deserve it so far :(

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,014 ✭✭✭Eirebear

Meh! Premiership.....;)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,587 ✭✭✭✭Dont be at yourself

Chelsea
    As A Liverpool fan, I have to hold my hands up and say Man Utd are the most deserving. They're playing the best football, and Ronaldo has been absolutely amazing again this year. I wouldn't go as far as saying I want/i] them to win it though. :)

I don't like Chelsea for the usual reasons. Their footballing mentality, on-the-pitch attitude, running of the club and so on are unpalatable. And, they've got the likes of Cashley Cole and John Obi Mikel on the books.

Arsenal might be able to pass the ball, but that's about it. They've a shakey defence, and they can't put the ball away.They've no strong figure to pull the team together, and at times it shows. I do hugely admire Wenger, and they do have plenty of talent, but they're still short of Man Yoo in terms of class.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,312 ✭✭✭Limerick Dude

Arsenal, i have to admit united are playing the best football but i hate them so much!

Hate chelsea too so arsenal are the only ones id like to see win it.

Plus i really admire wenger, great footballing brain but i just dont like the yway he winges when he loses .

Also the season where arsenal went unbeaten....wow.....probably the best football ive ever seen played, beautiful stuff.

Advertisement