Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

how to cut a piece from back of toilet bowl?

Options
  • 30-03-2008 2:29pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1,160 ✭✭✭

hi,

need to cut a piece of the back of the toilet bowl(piece along floor...dont ask).was thinking of using a diamond disc on an angle grinder,cant get one today,any other ideas?

thanks.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 656 ✭✭✭davidoco

kindalen wrote: »
    diamond disc on an angle grinder,cant get one today,any other ideas?

thanks.

My idea would be to buy a spare toilet bowl as the second you touch a ceramic toilet with an angle grinder you'll be needing one.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 188 ✭✭MickLimk

davidoco wrote: »
    My idea would be to buy a spare toilet bowl as the second you touch a ceramic toilet with an angle grinder you'll be needing one.

Don't agree with that. The cistern lid in one of the bathrooms in my house had to be ground down to make it fit under a window sill. No breaking or cracking there. You never cut a ceramic/porcelain tile with a wet saw?

• Registered Users Posts: 27,164 ✭✭✭✭GreeBo

Id cut from the flat unglazed back of it myself, it will probably chip the glaze anyway but shouldnt be seen from the front.
    I reckon if you start on a rounded, glazed bit you are asking for trouble!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,160 ✭✭✭kindalen

diamond tip disc did the job no bother. just took it nice and slow. happy days.

thanks all for replys.

• Registered Users Posts: 176 ✭✭The Waxbill

just did the very same myself yesterday with a diamond tipped blade on an angle grinder. no bother.

• Advertisement
Advertisement