Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

o2 website down for everyone??????

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 7,476 ✭✭✭ardmacha

there is a revamped version of webtext coming for the end of this week

That will probably break the webtext apps like AFT and Cabbage. :(

• Registered Users Posts: 21,611 ✭✭✭✭Sam Vimes

ardmacha wrote: »
    That will probably break the webtext apps like AFT and Cabbage. :(

i hope not but if they change it too much i can't guarantee anything

• Registered Users Posts: 26,581 ✭✭✭✭Creamy Goodness

hope they get it back up soon as i really need to send web texts at the moment. :mad:

• Registered Users Posts: 8,023 ✭✭✭youcancallmeal

Webtexts don't seem to be sending even though you can log into the site and send them as you normally would. Sent some to myself last night and this morning and still haven't received them?

Yep they're doing the upgrade this weekend:
    O2 Webtext will be unavailable from noon on Saturday 8th November until Sunday morning. We’ll be back up on Sunday with an enhanced service. Our apologies for any inconvenience.

Edit: By enhanced I presume they mean slower and less functionality like international texting.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 20,919 ✭✭✭✭Gummy Panda

There is a link on the customer forum.

The webtext is been enchanced to work with their backup service and will be able to do long text i believe.

• Registered Users Posts: 100 ✭✭god_dos

Hi guys,
    Neither AFT or Cabbage are working still today.
    Does anyone know what is wrong now? Do we need to reinstall the apps?

• Registered Users Posts: 17,727 ✭✭✭✭Sherifu

god_dos wrote: »
    Hi guys,
    They've overhauled the webtext section on their site. Possibly why the apps have stopped working.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,905 ✭✭✭Rob_l

Hi guys,

Those apps will need to be amended to work again on o2 as they have changed the webtext so the pages those apps are trying to access aren't there anymore.

Rob_l wrote: »
    Those apps will need to be amended to work again on o2 as they have changed the webtext so the pages those apps are trying to access aren't there anymore.

exactly

• Advertisement

Thanks.
    Wonder when that will happen? Parent live in Spain and I ain't textin them without these apps.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,905 ✭✭✭Rob_l

Thanks.
    Wonder when that will happen? Parent live in Spain and I ain't textin them without these apps.

there isn't really a time frame for when those apps will work as they are provided for free so there is no benefit to the developer to rush out a fix, its a case of wait and see.

Rob_l wrote: »
    there isn't really a time frame for when those apps will work as they are provided for free so there is no benefit to the developer to rush out a fix, its a case of wait and see.

Thought so.
    Thanks.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,456 ✭✭✭FSL

Is anyone else unable to send a web text from the o2 site. I can login fine and see everything except webtext when I click on the link Firefox tells me its in a redirect loop and Internet Explorer just goes slowly round and round in circles.

Its only been working intermittently for me today

• Registered Users Posts: 2,155 ✭✭✭juvenal

Is it just me, or is everybody's 'Details since last bill' in the 'My Account' section totally unusable? It's impossible to view my details since last bill or how much I've used of my included minutes/texts.

It's been down since the middle of the week - and it's bloody annoying.:mad::mad::mad:

Since they started changing the site, it's easily the worst website I've ever used in 12 years of internet usage. An absolute shambles.

• Registered Users Posts: 27 mlekelly

Is it just me or is the new webtexting on O2 a complete disaster! I'm switching to another provider if it stays this way. If you ask me the slowness of ther webtexting is a ploy to get people back to their phone texting to cerate rmore evenue. I'm not a conspiracy theorists but surely no one could be this inept to produce a 'revamped website' that is obviously way slower to use.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,350 ✭✭✭skywalker_208

The O2 website is terrible in general. It is down or a significant portion of it is down approx 40% of the times I visit it.
    And the new text feature is worse than the last one - too slow, too cumbersome, too awkward to use.

It has been bad for years to be honest. I have mailed them about its poor quality before but they just fob you off.

• Registered Users Posts: 19,340 CMod ✭✭✭✭Davy

Just today i thought it had improved. I mean on the new system of web-texts. Its considerably slower than the old way no question about that. I got the impression they were trying to make it very fancy where they forgot about a basic of making it quick and easy to use! If its not broke why fix it

AAAARRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRGGGGGGGGGGGGGHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH

O2 is currently carrying out essential upgrade work on o2.ie. During the times shown below, o2.ie will be unavailable. Please try again after the times shown.

Tuesday 25th November 01:00 - Tuesday 25th November 07:30.
    For urgent queries during this time please contact Customer Care on 1909 (Pay monthly), 1747 (Speak easy) or your account manager.

We sincerely apologise for any inconvenience caused and thank you for your patience.

:mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad:

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,773 ✭✭✭Ah-Watch

And yet again today-blocked my 2nd phone and needed my PUK which I wanted off the site- stupid crowd of useless B*****ds

• Registered Users Posts: 7,698 ✭✭✭Trampas

The new web text is a load of garbage.

If you are watching any live streaming it doesn't work at all.

Definitely trying to get people to text from phones if you ask me

• Closed Accounts Posts: 26 murrmurr

All I can say is thank goodness there is a thread on this.
    Many times i've thought about coming onto boards.ie to post one.

what sort of MUPPETS (high school developers?) are doing that o2.ie website. It's down once every two weeks. I figure since I've started using it, it's been down at least a dozen times.

My sister uses meteor and she says it's never down and works well, simplicity.

They upgraded that sms service? ha!! they added to the bandwidth of their servers by adding all these stupid extra java windows that you have to wait in order for it to load.

Why on earth did someone hire these people, let alone even try to develop a system that doesn't work. Do they not know how to keep things simple and make it work??

It's like they hired people years ago and they still haven't fired them, do they not know they're a laughing stock in the Irish IT industry. How long does it take to get a website working?

If it's not one thing it's another, I can't understand how no one is responsible and nobody has been replaced with efficient people that can do the job without a few days downtime or PROPER beta testing so downtime does not happen during work hours.

I feel sorry for the poor gits that actually use an email addy @o2.ie.

Probably the most irritating and worst designed high traffic .ie website there is.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,350 ✭✭✭skywalker_208

its down again this morning.
    When i go to login it brings you to a page saying "To redirect please click here."

When you click on that it doesnt go anywhere!
    Thank god my contract is soon up so I can move to someone who has a working website

and it's working again :rolleyes:

• Registered Users Posts: 1,066 ✭✭✭talkingclock

murrmurr wrote: »
    I feel sorry for the poor gits that actually use an email addy @o2.ie.

i totally agree with the fact that the new text service is abysmall bad. o2.ie mail works flawless via POP3/SMTP. tough luck tho if you depent on the web browser for email... then it's horrible!

• Registered Users Posts: 23,212 ✭✭✭✭Tom Dunne

Aside from the abysmal uptime, there are also some glaring bugs on the site.

Over the weekend, I was doing some searching for iPhone accessories. I entered the filter, it showed page one of three. When I clicked next to go to the second page, it seemed to completely forget about my search and showed every single accessory on the site (all 18 pages). No amount of messing around with the filter would allow me show pages 2 and 3 of only iPhone accessories.

The website is beyond a joke, it's a shambles.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 26 murrmurr

STILL DOWN

"
    Internal Server Error

The server encountered an internal error or misconfiguration and was unable to complete your request.
    Please contact the server administrator, webmaster@o2.ie and inform them of the time the error occurred, and anything you might have done that may have caused the error.
    More information about this error may be available in the server error log."

im sure webmaster is getting spammed at this stage !

• Registered Users Posts: 1,066 ✭✭✭talkingclock

i'm sure webmaster@o2.ie gets redirected to /dev/null
    why? because there is no webmaster. if they had one that page would work!

• Advertisement

I've been away on holiday and return to find the issues with this site are STILL not addressed.

When you're roaming, it's bloody handy to be able to access the 'My Account' section to see what your expenditure is, but oh no, it's not possible on this site. My 'request cannot be processed at this time'.

I haven't even bothered trying to use any other parts of the site, apart from email, which seems to be working, albeit slowly.

And what's with every "secure page" containing both secure and unsecure items - doesn't exactly fill you with confidence when you're trying to pay the bill with a credit card :mad::mad::mad::mad:

Advertisement