Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

o2 website down for everyone??????

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 257 ✭✭jimmyjim11

have not been able to view my Broadband usage for over 10 DAYS now :mad::mad:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 26 murrmurr

still cannot log in,

i think they are trying to beat their previous downtime record!

• Registered Users Posts: 19,340 CMod ✭✭✭✭Davy

jimmyjim11 wrote: »
    have not been able to view my Broadband usage for over 10 DAYS now :mad::mad:

You should try contacting them by phone, or someone might be able to look into it for you from the o2 customer forum.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,189 ✭✭✭Gekko

it's been nearly 2 weeks since I could read the details since my last bill section. Wanted to check out my roaming charges as well. Then they had the cheek to call me and say that they recommend that I go on to a higher tariff than the one I'm currently on.

They're probably right but I'd like to be able to look at the situation myself before I say yes, and now I can't.

Pain in the ****ing arse.

• Moderators, Education Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators, Regional South East Moderators Posts: 24,056 Mod ✭✭✭✭Sully

First time in ages iv tried to use the site... not working for me (very slow).

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 7,476 ✭✭✭ardmacha

This time I got a blank white page with a to Redirect link in the middle, of course this doesn't work. Is it so hard to run a website!!! :mad:

• Registered Users Posts: 2,155 ✭✭✭juvenal

AT LAST . . . .

The 'My Account' section appears to be functional again, with the ability to view your current usage and previous bills restored.

I haven't tried webtext, so not sure how the situation is there.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 26 murrmurr

O2 strike AGAIN!!

how can one company be so incompetant

• Registered Users Posts: 5,699 ✭✭✭Brian

The Broadband Usage is grossly inaccurate, too..

• Registered Users Posts: 5,398 ✭✭✭MIN2511

Meh... been ****ed up all day... like seriously wtf

Internal Server Error
    The server encountered an internal error or misconfiguration and was unable to complete your request.

Please contact the server administrator, webmaster@o2.ie and inform them of the time the error occurred, and anything you might have done that may have caused the error.

More information about this error may be available in the server error log.

I just rang customer support, feckers say they are working on it

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 17,727 ✭✭✭✭Sherifu

Truely useless service. Down half the time I want to use it. :mad:

Down time is saturday 17th January 11:30 P.M - Sunday 18th January 7:30 A.M. but its already gone,,, stole an extra half an hour

Grrrrr, it's been down a while already. FFS.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,350 ✭✭✭skywalker_208

Down again for "essential upgrade work"!!! gawd sake! how many times can you upgrade one site!

• Registered Users Posts: 515 ✭✭✭steve 0

Same issue, new webtext page error
    An Error occurred.
    Please try again in a few minutes.

:mad:

Haven't had to use this thread for awhile, but the site is down till 8am. Had to wait 10 minutes on hold to find that out and couldn't even topup for the phone. Not sign of an announcement on the forum either.

• Registered Users Posts: 260 ✭✭fcukreg

Is it just my bad luck or does O2 have a reliability problem with O2 Webtext service...?

On about 40% of the occasions I try to use it...it is either painfully slow or just not working...
    Latest issue: Monday, 21 Sept 2009 @12:00-12:31 PM (Webtext not working)

o2 webtext error
    Line 298
    Char 9
    Error Can't move focus to the control because it is invisible, not enabled, or of a type taht does not accept the focus.
    Code 0
    URL: http://www.o2online.ie/wps/wcm/connect/O2/Home/

When I ring them they never acknowledge that there is a problem...

On a general note their website is full of that flash muck and could be a case study for webdesign students in how not to design a website.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,213 ✭✭✭culabula

fcukreg wrote: »
    Is it just my bad luck or does O2 have a reliability problem with O2 Webtext service...?

On about 40% of the occasions I try to use it...it is either painfully slow or just not working...
    Latest issue: Monday, 21 Sept 2009 @12:00-12:31 PM (Webtext not working)

o2 webtext error
    Line 298
    Char 9
    Error Can't move focus to the control because it is invisible, not enabled, or of a type taht does not accept the focus.
    Code 0
    URL: http://www.o2online.ie/wps/wcm/connect/O2/Home/

When I ring them they never acknowledge that there is a problem...

On a general note their website is full of that flash muck and could be a case study for webdesign students in how not to design a website.

Seems to be down again now, just when I wanted to send some international SMS. Pain in buttocks.

• Registered Users Posts: 498 ✭✭Pyro Boy

fcukreg wrote: »

+1 I thought it was just me who thought it was badly designed

• Registered Users Posts: 290 ✭✭LBD

Flippin site down again all day today......what a joke!!!

• Advertisement

Useless, it had been going only great for a while there until today.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3 Jools_B

bloody useless is right, i'm SICK of the webtexts not working!!!:mad::mad:

• Registered Users Posts: 290 ✭✭LBD

Still down this morning :mad:

And again till 8.15am :mad:
    O2 is currently carrying out essential upgrade work on the website

• Registered Users Posts: 2,454 ✭✭✭cast_iron

This frustrated me so much. So I came up with a solution - Meteor. Never looked back.

cast_iron wrote: »
    This frustrated me so much. So I came up with a solution - Meteor. Never looked back.

Not perfect either :rolleyes:

http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=2055734505

• Registered Users Posts: 52 ✭✭FlimFlam

The Vodafone website is just as bad. It's down for maintenance, or an error occurs when sending texts, or "try again later" when logging in.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,382 ✭✭✭O2_Daryll

Sorry guys some changes had to be implemented to facilitate the upcoming launch of prepaid broadband. These issues only came to my attention late yesterday evening but all seem to have been resolved now.

• Registered Users Posts: 260 ✭✭fcukreg

O2 Webtext service unavailable again
    (Yes, thats the service they are contracted to provide because they market it as part of their subscription package....one for the ombudsman & for the telecoms regulator ComReg)

Time: 12:05pm
    Date: 9th December 2009

Message displayed on the O2 Website;
    "Scheduled Maintenance in Progress
    Please be aware that due to scheduled maintenance, O2.ie is currently unavailable. We apologise for any inconvenience caused."

Obviously the IT people at O2 can't distinguish between Scheduled maintenance & Unscheduled maintenance.

So here is some help:
    Scheduled maintenance - Planned, customers notified in advance.
    Unscheduled maintenance -Unplanned, No advance notice for customers.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 8,023 ✭✭✭youcancallmeal

After being with O2 for 5 years I switched to Meteor at the weekend. I will not miss that O2 website but I will miss the free international webtexts.

Advertisement