Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

o2 website down for everyone??????

Options
12346»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 260 ✭✭fcukreg

The o2 website is completely down again today. New years day, 01/01/2010. Checked at 4pm & 4:25pm.

Not even a landing page to say sorry & tell customers that they are working on it - Utter incompetence, no other words for it.

No WEBTEXT service for customers. We pay for this service & they commit to providing the service in exchange for our prepay or Pay monthly contracts.

On one of the busiest texting days of the year I hope everyone rings O2 to seek a refund for their failure to provide a service they advertised as a "Feature" of the product they provide. Maybe a barrage of official complaint emails to Telefonica HQ might help focus some Corporate HQ attention on the longstanding shortcomings of the O2 Ireland website.

Not a great start to the year for O2.
    Looks like their technical department have some real competence problems. Perhaps they should start speaking to the technical departments in Telefonica/Movistar in Spain or O2 in uk. No competence problems there it would appear.

I suggest O2 make "ACCOUNTABILITY" the keyword for their CIO/CTO in 2010.

• Registered Users Posts: 76 ✭✭cor

Website STILL down (22:05 1/1/10).

• Registered Users Posts: 670 ✭✭✭DFD

Can't access internet on my phone keep getting connection failed im an o2 customer and was wondering if its because the web site is down or is my phone faulty?

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 7,146 Mod ✭✭✭✭pistolpetes11

DFD wrote: »
    Can't access internet on my phone keep getting connection failed im an o2 customer and was wondering if its because the web site is down or is my phone faulty?

Same on my iPhone , The Data network must be down ! Has been down since this morning !

• Registered Users Posts: 670 ✭✭✭DFD

Cheers Thanks, mine gone since this morning aswell at least its not my phone.:)

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 7,146 Mod ✭✭✭✭pistolpetes11

DFD wrote: »
    Cheers Thanks, mine gone since this morning aswell at least its not my phone.:)

Cant seem to Find to much about it online at the moment , but o2 customer service forums are down too

WTF !

• Closed Accounts Posts: 43 thesis86

Back up and working now for me. FINALLY!:mad:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,658 ✭✭✭✭Peyton Manning

thesis86 wrote: »
    Back up and working now for me. FINALLY!:mad:

Really?

www.downforeveryoneorjustme.com says its still down.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,739 ✭✭✭nava

Archimedes wrote: »
    Really?

www.downforeveryoneorjustme.com says its still down.

It was working ok for me too about 11 (not the messging) but looks like is down again.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 20,009 ✭✭✭✭Run_to_da_hills

After being with O2 for 5 years I switched to Meteor at the weekend. I will not miss that O2 website but I will miss the free international webtexts.

Came in handy with me over the last two weeks, Brother in Brazil, can get him free but it costs him an arm and a leg to reply through Meteor.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 109 ✭✭diamondtooth

Why is it down, so people can't get their free iTunes download?

I'm beginning to hate O2. Will probably move to Vodafone or Meteor soon.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,644 ✭✭✭SerialComplaint

New version of the o2 webtext facility now available;

http://help.o2online.ie/display/4/kb/article.aspx?aid=3928

Huge improvement over last generation.

• Registered Users Posts: 63 ✭✭Cyril Squirrel

Does anyone know what's going on with the o2 website? This is the message I'm getting.
    Oops! Internet Explorer could not find www.o2.ie
    Try reloading: www.­o2.­ie
    Iwas able to get on it at work though.....

• Registered Users Posts: 3,135 ✭✭✭fifth

Can't access it either

• Registered Users Posts: 10 rheafun

Have not been able to access since yesterday!

no idea what's happening.

I can't find out any information on this problem-does anybody use the o2 website anymore?!

• Registered Users Posts: 487 ✭✭kilsmum

I do!! it hasn't been working for me since yesterday either :mad::mad::mad:

• Registered Users Posts: 17,213 ✭✭✭✭therecklessone

It's down because every fúcker is trying to get on to the site to check for iPhone 4 details methinks.

i was able to get on at work no trouble today. But at home I haven't been able to get on since yesterday.

• Registered Users Posts: 706 ✭✭✭BoardsRanger

It wasnt workign for me either- called vodafone and they told me to do the following http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showpost.php?p=67185227&postcount=8

Its alittle bit suspicious to say the least.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 786 ✭✭✭center15

It wasnt workign for me either- called vodafone and they told me to do the following http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showpost.php?p=67185227&postcount=8

Its alittle bit suspicious to say the least.

8.8.8.8 is Google's public DNS

• Registered Users Posts: 706 ✭✭✭BoardsRanger

center15 wrote: »

Well thats what vodafone told me to put in. And it worked.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,998 ✭✭✭gipi

I'm glad I'm not the only one who can't access O2 online! Haven't tried in work, just at home.

I had contacted them the other day to find out about porting my number away from O2 to another operator, haven't been able to connect to the website since, so wondered if they'd anticipated my departure!

• Registered Users Posts: 6,149 ✭✭✭championc

center15 wrote: »

Worked for me too. For those uncomfortable with changing their router setting, try going straight to this

http:// 62.40.38.146/wps/wcm/connect/O2/Home/

This is the o2online IP address so you bypass the DNS problem

C

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4 olliem

I've a trial vodafone dongle and, lo and behold, it has started blocking o2.ie - not the global 02.com mind, just o2.ie . that's where me free web texts are (ration for the end of the month about to run out)

So, anyone any ideas on how to find the router to type in 8.8.8.8. ?

There is an IP address listed for the dongle, but it doesn't take me anywhere in a search.

ollie

• Registered Users Posts: 19,340 CMod ✭✭✭✭Davy

2wmno6x.jpg

Advertisement