Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

Naming your car

Options
  • 30-03-2008 2:56pm
    Registered Users Posts: 2,286 ✭✭✭

I've always thought it completely lame when I hear people naming their cars.

While off last week I listened to Jenny Houston filling in for Gerry Ryan and she had some motoring journalist who was all for this awful practice.

Top Gear presenters have the same view as me, I think.

What do you think yourselves?

What do you think about naming your car? 31 votes

Your right its daft
    0% 0 votes
    Oh yes I'm all for it
    80% 25 votes
    No strong opinion
    19% 6 votes

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,000 ✭✭✭Cionád

Lame indeed.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,686 ✭✭✭JHMEG

Daft, as is calling it 'she', 'her', etc.. Cars don't have vaginas.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,325 ✭✭✭Redsoxfan

The smiley from driver.ie says it all

• Registered Users Posts: 65,420 ✭✭✭✭unkel
    Chauffe, Marcel, chauffe!

Lame, daft, ghey?

Worse. It's pathetic!

• Registered Users Posts: 12,863 ✭✭✭✭crosstownk

unkel wrote: »
    It's pathetic!

I couldn't agree more.

I call my yoke according to the badges.

C4 Picasso or VW Beetle - not 'Christine' or 'Herbie' or other such rubbish.......

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,630 ✭✭✭dh0661

JHMEG wrote: »

Yes your right !, but I (female), still call my car BITCH, when things go wrong. :confused:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,479 ✭✭✭Volvoboy

My ma has a named her car, she called it ''Bobsy'' cos its blue, to be fair she aint no petrol head.

I've a name for my car tho i call it ''The Car''

-VB-

• Registered Users Posts: 68,828 ✭✭✭✭L1011

My dad used to call the first car he bought new "Belladonna", because it was Italian and hadn't been driven by anyone else (and hence, in Ireland of the 1980s, driven to **** already). Don't think he's named anything since...

• Registered Users Posts: 2,788 ✭✭✭Vikings

If I had an Aston Martin DBS I might be inclined to give it a nickname such as Bond but while I drive a run of the mill car it gets called the car and nothing more!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,837 ✭✭✭S.I.R

i had a saab 9000 , it was fat , slow but relyable... i called it gloria after the singer gloria gaynor... it wasntthe best looking car but it was great at what it did.... better known to my mates as john gormly seeing as it was green and done over 40 to the gallon. :o
    JHMEG wrote: »

only if its a octivia/passat/civic or glanza then it does.... or atleast the last two do as there loved by young little boys..

• Advertisement
Advertisement