Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

This goes to 11!

Options
  • 30-03-2008 3:29pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 1,004 ✭✭✭

Bets on for when we are gonna finally move out of 11th spot!!!

My prediction is Saturday 12th of April!

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,994 ✭✭✭KingdomYid

My prediction is not this season!!!!!!!!!!

• Registered Users Posts: 475 ✭✭ruiseal

KingdomYid wrote: »
    My prediction is not this season!!!!!!!!!!

I hope you're right! After today, it may not be too long before we're in 12th or 13th!

• Registered Users Posts: 4,057 ✭✭✭tippspur

Never after todays performance.

• Registered Users Posts: 858 ✭✭✭RichMc70

I think Ramos should maybe drop a few of the lads and blood a few youngsters now.

If nothing else they'll be out to prove a point unlike the current first team who are thinking of where theyre are holidaying this summer.

Not a happy yiddo after todays result :mad:

• Registered Users Posts: 17,213 ✭✭✭✭therecklessone

A number of our jumped-up little sh1ts that suckle from the WHL tit should be playing for their future at Spurs, instead they seem happy to coast the rest of the season out now that we've won a trophy and are in Europe next year.

The manner of that collapse today is a disgrace.

People paid up to £71 to watch that sorry bunch of wan*ers stroll around the park again, that is shameful.

Robinson
    Dawson
    Lennon
    Jenas
    Chimbonda

Show them all the door.

:mad:

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 54 ✭✭gerrytack@hotma

worst of all is that Keegan will now think that he is a guru,he'll be on sky day and night now.i was sick to the teeth last week with all the tripe about Beckham now we'll have the other clown to listen to.worst still is the realisation that a lot of english people actually believe the bull**** that comes out of their mouths.as for our lads,lets hope Juande gets rid of half of them.

• Registered Users Posts: 858 ✭✭✭RichMc70

Robinson - Yes
    Dawson - Yes
    Lennon - Give him chance (if improves on crossing)
    Jenas - Yes
    Chimbonda - Yes

Added to that:-
    Zokora
    YP Lee
    Rocha
    Kaboul

Fcuk me if we get rid of all them then we are gonna need to do a supermarket sweep come the summer !

• Registered Users Posts: 242 ✭✭tomo75

Don't forget Galy, Gardner and Stalteri....

• Registered Users Posts: 592 ✭✭✭galinka

RichMc70 wrote: »
    Robinson - Yes
    Dawson - Yes
    Jenas - Yes
    Chimbonda - Yes

Added to that:-
    Zokora
    YP Lee
    Rocha
    Kaboul

Having had the misfortune to attend yesterday this was easily the worst 45 minutes we've played in a long time.
    At Heathrow while we strugggled to come to terms with the result we put together our sell list
    Cerny - assuming we sign a GK (please)
    Hudd - completely out of place yesterday, an embarrassment
    Bent - possibly the most uncordinated player we've ever had
    Berbatov- i'd take £30M now, for the first time i realised how much of a sulker he is. Not the man we need in a fight beside you.
    Lennon - a luxury
    Tainio - served us well but too slow now
    Taarabt - finally saw what he can do - nought an absolute liability cost us a goal when he lost possession, Newcastle did not have to tackle him he just kept falling over.
    Rocha - apart from playing in the reserves he is not adding value.

Strangely i would keep Dawson, Chimbonda and Jenas!! I would also keep Zokora and Lee - i'm open minded on Boateng and Kaboul, they are still very young and were highly thought of at U21 level.

Our biggest need is midfield - overrun yesterday giving defence an almighty task. Why O'Hara is not in MF instead of FB where we could play Gunther or either Chimbonda or Lee.

Agree with Ronan yesterday, need to see some more of the squad and see if they can make it. No use having 35 names in the back of the programme if 20 of them are useless.

Frightening part is that Ghaly, Staltieri, Gardiner are still in the prog with squad numbers.

Never again play Berbatov in front of 2 strikers he just sulked around from the kick off.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,395 ✭✭✭Hatch99

The only players Id definitely keep are King, Woodgate, Bale, Hutton, Keane and Berbatov. Id gladly accept decent bids for any others.

Disgraceful yesterday.

We need 2 central players badly.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,317 ✭✭✭Dublin Spur

People paid up to £71 to watch that sorry bunch of wan*ers stroll around the park again, that is shameful.

Disgrace - refunds would be a nice touch (when pigs fly).
    So glad I stayed at home

• Closed Accounts Posts: 130 ✭✭markymac

Agree with most.

Robinson is a joke, sooner he goes the better.

Also for the scrapheap:

YP Lee
    Tianio
    Malbranque
    Bent
    Stalteiri
    Ghaly
    Boetang
    Lennon
    Cerny

Hard to know: (they show some good signs, but not consistant)
    Huddlestone
    Jenas
    Zokora
    Dawson

Definates to keep:
    Berbatov
    Keane
    Deadly Ledley
    Woodgate
    Hutton
    Bale
    O'Hara

Sorry, almost forgot, I think we'll prob stay in 11th all season. (if we're lucky)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,004 ✭✭✭IanCurtis

Agree with last poster, I'd definitely hang onto Dawson. With the right attitude of players around him, he WILL be brilliant.

Berbatov I'm undecided. £30m would he hard to refuse, but who would replace him? Villa would be good.

IanCurtis wrote: »
    Agree with last poster, I'd definitely hang onto Dawson. With the right attitude of players around him, he WILL be brilliant.

Dawson is sh1t, time to get used to it.

Typical British player, throws himself in front of anything, not afraid to get his head on a cross but ultimately his decision making is poor and his positioning is not much better.

Great for dealing with Wimbledon c. 20 years ago, rubbish for dealing with the movement of Martins and Agbonlahor, never mind Torres or Rooney.

RichMc70 wrote: »

He won't, he's more interested in getting tattoes, dressing like a prat and falling out of Faces pissed as a fart.

• Registered Users Posts: 345 ✭✭curraghyid

keane,bale,hutton,woodgate,king malbranque(maybe) are safe imo. the rest have proven beyond all doubt at this stage what level they are at. coasting is the word being used by assorted commentators they are showing contempt for the fans and their fellow players with the level of performance that includes berbatov ,30 million accept the first offer:mad:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 54 ✭✭gerrytack@hotma

i have ticket for Bolton match,but i'm seriously thinking of staying at home.just think of the effort we make to support them.......now think of the effort THEY make for us.Do anyone of you think they are worth the hassle?

• Registered Users Posts: 592 ✭✭✭galinka

i have ticket for Bolton match,but i'm seriously thinking of staying at home.just think of the effort we make to support them.......now think of the effort THEY make for us.Do anyone of you think they are worth the hassle?

You probably saw my post above - was rightly pissed this morning.

BUT I'd say go to Bolton - you'll see lots of goals and a win for us.

With hindsight i'd say this was a one off!! Also Ramos tactics of playing Berbatov where he clearly does not want to be had a big bearing on it too.

COYS

• Closed Accounts Posts: 494 ✭✭John W

I think we will probably finish 11th, depending on the Toons - If they are on a high after there 2 wins in a row, we could be in trouble.

I will have to dig out the toon fixture list to be sure, but I am pretty sure it couldn't be anywhere near as easy as ours (that said, newcastle and Birmingham were down as bankers in my book, so who knows)

As for 10th
    "Goodbye"

Advertisement