Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

pistol licence app

Options
  • 30-03-2008 5:33pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 13

hello there. Could someone tell me please how i go about applying for a pistol licence for sihlouette in the dublin area,and also on purchasing a pistol, thanks

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,113 ✭✭✭fishdog

1) You need to be a member of an authorised gun club that does pistol shooting.

2) You would normally need to have held firearms certificates for a number of years.

Other factors have been known to assist applications like having completed safety courses, having a quality gun safe and intruder alarm etc.

The rest you will be advised about by other members of the club.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,641 ✭✭✭Bananaman

Go talk to a club. Get instruction on safe handling, Range Etiquette, etc

You will need to join a club anyway and they will help you with what else you need to do

B'Man

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,244 ✭✭✭rrpc

bigmc84 wrote: »
    hello there. Could someone tell me please how i go about applying for a pistol licence for sihlouette in the dublin area,and also on purchasing a pistol, thanks
    What do you mean by silhouette? The only silhouette shooting I know of is done with scoped rifles and not with pistols.

+1 on the other replies, you need to be a member of a club in your area that is authorised for pistol shooting. The closest one I can think of is Dublin Target Sports Club. Check the boards wiki for details.

• Registered Users Posts: 40,038 ✭✭✭✭Sparks

NSAI (Silhouette) shooting can be done with pistol as well, usually in a supine position. Someone's already doing it in Ireland I think. Certainly it was part of the founding of the sport.

Advertisement