Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Misaligned hop

Options
  • 30-03-2008 6:11pm
    Registered Users Posts: 5,984 ✭✭✭

My SPR has been pulling to the right at range since I got it so I dismantled the hop up and found that even with a new hop rubber and bucking placed in, the depression in the rubber is biased to the right side, putting more spin on one side of the bb, hence the pull to the right.

So, anyone know what I can do to fix this? I'm thinking it may be a whole new hop unit.

Comments

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 11,001 ✭✭✭✭Masada

would have to see it to figure something out really but is there any damage to the hop up mech or anything? maybe even trim one side of the hopup nub to even it out slightly? could practice on the old one.,

id start with stripping the hopup altogether and have a look at the arm that presses the nub into the barrel, maybe that could do with being flattened with a piece of snadpaper or something., also check the pinion that piece swings on, it could be damaged on one side causing it to angle slightly.,

• Closed Accounts Posts: 985 ✭✭✭Mark_Sc

Actually the BAR-10 UNcompany send me shoots me with a pretty nesty curve...

• Registered Users Posts: 8,758 ✭✭✭Stercus Accidit

Alot of the time you can rotate the inner barrel slightly in the hop chamber, affecting where the rubber is pressing down from, though vtecs solution sounds more concise, it may be worth trying.

Its easy on an m4 with the twist off barrel extension, but it may be a nightmare for you, may aswel see if there is a better fix.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,877 ✭✭✭liamo333

• Closed Accounts Posts: 212 ✭✭monksavage

Take the rubber out of it alltogether and see how it performs?

• Advertisement
Advertisement