Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

G26 : Which one should I get?

• 30-03-2008 6:37pm
    Registered Users Posts: 290 ✭✭

Hi

Looking for a Glock 26, mainly for its size and its nice design.

Which one should I go for; the TM or KSC? Have never held either in my hand so I can't really decide based on pictures or price alone.

Any help, info and experience welcome.

Cheers!

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,758 ✭✭✭Stercus Accidit

KSC, better gbb and authentic trigger safety.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,174 ✭✭✭✭Captain Chaos

From my own research people say that if you want an AEG look up TM they are not really known for their GBBs, even though their G17 and P226 are some of their latest and are good.

KSC on the other hand are known for their GBBs and do nearly the full range of Glocks.

I'd say you would be safe going with either but if I had to choose I'd go for the KSC. It's a bit biased on my part as I own 3 KSC GBBs and no TMs.

KSC are the only ones that do the trigger safety afaik, the tm therefore wouldn't even be like a real g26 in operation.

Its why I never bought the kjw metal model.

• Registered Users Posts: 290 ✭✭666bxg

Excellent and swift responses guys!!

Need also to ask, where is the best place to get them? Zero one has these in stock but I've never purchased from them. Any of our local retailers carry them?

Am I also safe to assume both the TM and KSC carry full trades?

cheers

• Closed Accounts Posts: 481 ✭✭JonAnderton

the TM vs KSC Glock debate rears it's head again..lol.. .I've both a TM and KSC G17 (both have a realistic trigger action but i'd say the TM was better) and prefer the TM... find it closer to the RS... the TM pistols I got are great... cant see the G26 being any different..

This question of TM or KSC G17 will be debated by those left behind when we are long gone.. lol

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,174 ✭✭✭✭Captain Chaos

KSC do, TMs can vary from batch to batch. Then you have KWA which are the same as KSC but KWA don't do trades.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 11,001 ✭✭✭✭Masada

yeah i have the KWA and it has a trigger safety on it too.,

kwa/ksc both have the trigger safety, one doesnt have trades.

TM dont have trades, Edit: and they trigger safety isnt the real one.

There is a metal slided model of th ksc glock 26 but good luck finding it :D

Motosam wrote: »

MIA had them in stock recently., they were out when i went up though so i got a G18c instead,

uncompany.com have the 'custom' metal slider version for US$170. Should I consider or stay away?

• Advertisement

666bxg wrote: »
    uncompany.com have the 'custom' metal slider version for US$170. Should I consider or stay away?

Can you link to it?

All I'm finding is the standard models.

It may be your man, if the trigger safety feature is important to you, it isnt the be all and end all of a gbb, but is nice to have authentic functionality.

Edit: Might I mention there is no difference between the taiwan models and the japan models, according to threads on arnies, they just travel further upping cost.
    Strange but its what I read.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,330 ✭✭✭Gran Hermano

Isn't there also a difference between the KWA and KSC Glocks with one
    having trademarks and the other not?

Isn't there also a difference between the KWA and KSC Glocks with one
    having trademarks and the other not?

I think kwa doesn't, or its the Japanese Taiwanese difference.

They made it nice and confusing anyway.

Id say contact uncompany and specify the trade marked model.

In japan they don't allow trades afaik on the glocks, the taiwanese models have them though.

I cant be sure though, I read vague threads elsewhere on this and no-one had a bulls notion.

vtec wrote: »
    MIA had them in stock recently., they were out when i went up though so i got a G18c instead,

Thats the "c" model though, they are handy to find in the metal configuration.

Its very annoying.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 589 ✭✭✭Beast ASI

TM pistols are great. I'd really recommend any of their G17's (3rd gen is amazing), P226's, 1911's or hi-capas.

Can you link to it?

Can't link it, but head to www.uncompany.com then go to 'custom guns' and select 'Glock series'. It should be around halfway down the page.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,330 ✭✭✭Gran Hermano

I just did a quick Google and also checked a couple of Glocks I have here at
    home - the KSC models have the trademarks, the KWA are made for 'export'
    and do not.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,169 ✭✭✭Alvin T. Grey

Isn't debating which is the better Glock kind of like trying to figure out which one of the ugly sisters was hotter?:D

*runs. hides.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 148 ✭✭JohnReisman

Isn't debating which is the better Glock kind of like trying to figure out which one of the ugly sisters was hotter?:D

*runs. hides.

Hey 666bxg, in case you are wondering Alvin T. Grey thinks you should be getting a 1911. Not that he is biased or anything, are you Al???

:D:D

*runs. hides.

LOL, Just LOL

:D

• Advertisement

Had a look at the custom g26 mentioned before.

Looks ok, just to mention the high flow valve is a part of the magazine, so ordinary mags wont have one unless you buy some with them

Also it doesn't specify if the barrel is metal, I'd recommend inquiring about it a bit more.

There is a regular g26 and metal kit with barrel and slide for a similar price, plus you'd have the old slide too.

I don't know if you would need to upgrade the springs, Id suspect you would have to.

TM dont have trades, Edit: and they trigger safety isnt the real one.

When you say isnt the real one, what do you mean? If you mean that on the KSC's you can pull the little trigger lever forward to lock the trigger, thats not a 'real' safety as it's not on the RS Glocks either...

No Airsoft gun can have the 'Real safety' as they don't have firing pins for a firing pin safety or cruciforms for a drop safety? or do they, I'm no expert in these matters?

The only part of the RS three stage safety system they can have is the trigger safety which basically just blocks the trigger and both the TM and the KSC have this feature.

edit: I know we're talking about G26's here, but here's a side by side review of a KSC and TM 17 for brand differences. It mentions the KSC being almost 2cm longer than the RS. I've seen mentioned elsewhere that the 26 dimensions are a little off as well, can anyone confirm or deny this?.. Could matter when choosing holster, etc

http://www.defconairsoft.co.uk/reviews/kscvsmarui_glock17/review_ksc17vsmarui17.htm

When you say isnt the real one, what do you mean? If you mean that on the KSC's you can pull the little trigger lever forward to lock the trigger, thats not a 'real' safety as it's not on the RS Glocks either...

No Airsoft gun can have the 'Real safety' as they don't have firing pins for a firing pin safety or cruciforms for a drop safety? or do they, I'm no expert in these matters?

The only part of the RS three stage safety system they can have is the trigger safety which basically just blocks the trigger and both the TM and the KSC have this feature.

edit: I know we're talking about G26's here, but here's a side by side review of a KSC and TM 17 for brand differences. It mentions the KSC being almost 2cm longer than the RS. I've seen mentioned elsewhere that the 26 dimensions are a little off as well, can anyone confirm or deny this?.. Could matter when choosing holster, etc

http://www.defconairsoft.co.uk/reviews/kscvsmarui_glock17/review_ksc17vsmarui17.htm

Didnt know that, I thought it refered to the little lever on the trigger, I'm not a glock man, but I did a little research on the g26 as I was interested in one for awhile.

The tm has a strange safety on the serial number panel, you can move it to engage safe, is that not to replace some safety on the ksc as its not a rs feature?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,533 ✭✭✭iceage

Didnt know that, I thought it refered to the little lever on the trigger, I'm not a glock man, but I did a little research on the g26 as I was interested in one for awhile.

The tm has a strange safety on the serial number panel, you can move it to engage safe, is that not to replace some safety on the ksc as its not a rs feature?

The sliding safety you mention on the airsoft Glock is a safty specific to airsoft and is not used in RS.

iceage wrote: »
    The sliding safety you mention on the airsoft Glock is a safty specific to airsoft and is not used in RS.

I know, I'm wondering though why TM and kjw include it, while ksc dont.

It would correspond to my previous research that indicated the ksc was the only model with a trigger lever safety, the tiny one on the trigger itself.
    Though I have been corrected on this.

I'm not a glock man though so I am now not certain what model features what safetys.

If the ksc lacks the serial number safety which is an airsft only add-on, does it feature a more realistic safety in its stead?

I'd love to hear from JonAnderton again on this.

KSC isn't the only airsoft brand with a trigger safety though, TM also has it, I know this cos I own one:)

The KSC g26/g17 don't use the slidey seriel no safty, they both have a "working" version of Glocks trigger safety. i.e. the mini catch on the trigger.

iceage wrote: »
    The KSC g26/g17 don't use the slidey seriel no safty, they both have a "working" version of Glocks trigger safety. i.e. the mini catch on the trigger.

Thats the difference then, bloody hell, the OP may as well get the kjw or TM models then if that isn't an issue to them.

Thats the difference then, bloody hell, the OP may as well get the kjw or TM models then if that isn't an issue to them.

If funds allow it, the TM is the b*llicks, but then again I've got my eye on a HFC glock! metal slide, but get this, no trigger safety! so it's all really preferance at the end of the day. I try and go for the more realistic piece, also weight is an issue with me, the heavier the better.

Someone in here sold a guarder conversion to a mate of mine, who's going to recieve it soon, and its as closs to the real thing weight wise that you will find.Really nice,

Breakdown of the safeties used on the RS, TM and KSC model Glocks

RS Glock 17: Three safeties.
    Trigger Safety: Small lever installed on trigger means trigger cannot be pulled unless this is depressed as it physically blocks the trigger from moving back.
    Firing pin safety: The firing pin safety blocks the firing pin. Operated only when the trigger is pulled and the safety is pushed up through the backward movement of the trigger bar. Releasing the trigger will automatically reactivate the firing pin safety.
    Drop Safety: Pulling the trigger allows the ‘cruciform’ plate inside to ‘drop’ allowing the firing pin to move forward. These combined mean the gun cannot fire unless the trigger is pulled.

TM Glock 17: Moving the serial number plate locks the trigger (not realistic). Trigger has a small lever as the RS Glock above (realistic)

KSC Glock 17: The Small trigger lever as in the RS can be pulled forward and up thereby locking the trigger (not realistic). When disengaged and in it’s normal position, this acts like the RS trigger lever (realistic)

Due to the mechanics of the Airsoft models, both the TM and the KSC safeties only stop the trigger from being pulled thereby not firing the gun. Neither prevent the internal mechanisms from firing therefore, if you understand ‘realistic’ to mean similar to the RS, both models are realistic in only the trigger safety aspect.

Whereas the RS Glock cannot physically fire unless the trigger is pulled ie if it’s dropped on the ground, the airsoft versions are not like this...

Phew… simple really…lol

• Advertisement
Advertisement