Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

Pug Partner van...

Options
  • 30-03-2008 7:01pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 7,348 ✭✭✭

Hi all

Ive been offered one of these as a part exchange for my 03 navara... im looking for a small carvan like a focus or a golf van but seeing as this came up im considering it...but ive been hearing some bad things about them does anyone on here have any experience of these... its a 04 one... i dont want to be stuck with something i have to put money into...

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,538 ✭✭✭niceirishfella

What bad stuff have you heard?
    I had a berlingo - sister brand van, basically the same - and found it ok - tho' hard on front wishbone bushes when it came to DOE - apart from that - ok to live it - although a bit under powered.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,475 ✭✭✭bitemybanger

My best mate has one, the HDi one, good solid van, good on the stuff and goes like a train, no shortage of power.
    Still with that said there no comparasin to the caddy, more like driving a car, for comfort and handling, I had one for a week when my van was in for repairs after somone hit me:(

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,348 ✭✭✭the drifter

heard alot of lads having engine troubles.. heads going etc..i dont want to be stuck getting the head done on it after a few months..

good point.........
    insist on getting one thats had a good regular service history........many vans (outside of fleets) miss service's - so make sure yours has a verifiable service history.
    Also, make sure it has a new DOE.
    ohhh, and for creature comforts, and make sure the cd player works in it- they can pack up in these vans.

best of luck.
    NIF.

• Registered Users Posts: 38,247 ✭✭✭✭Guy:Incognito

I have the older Partner. Clicked over to 175,000 miles a couple of weeks back and it''s still A1.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 23,357 ✭✭✭✭mickdw

The older 1.9 non turbo must be one of the most proven engines around at this stage. Is yours the hdi?
    Wish bones and drop links are main problems and also vans registered around 2002 had a recall for reworking of front strut to secure the coil spring mounting.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,348 ✭✭✭the drifter

mmm ill have to check and see if the one he is willing to trade is a hdi...

mickdw wrote: »
    Is yours the hdi? .

No, it's a 97 non turbo.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,318 ✭✭✭✭carchaeologist

Get a hdi if you can, much more power than the standard 1.9, i have a hdi, a great van, cant fault it yet!

Get a hdi if you can, much more power than the standard 1.9, i have a hdi, a great van, cant fault it yet!

Would have alright but at the time I got the van I bought it off a guy in work. Wasnt really looking for one but it was going cheap so who was I to say no. :)

• Advertisement
  • Users Awaiting Email Confirmation Posts: 2,584 ✭✭✭kikel

I've got a 1.9 non Hdi. Great van but a little concerned about my MPG. Only getting 37. Taught i'd be getting more. What do others get. Van is regularly serviced.

are you doing a lot of towing?
    is the van always full of stuff in the rear?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,837 ✭✭✭S.I.R

berlingo/partner/kubastar are great little vans , very underpowered... with a 03 narvara as trade in get the most powerful on they have in stock ( 75 hp turbo diesil i belive )

either model you choice there a great little van

my cusin bought one for an post and put over 100k on the clock within 2 years driving all of ireland , only ever need oil and water to run non-stop !!

are you doing a lot of towing?
    is the van always full of stuff in the rear?

No and no. If i was i could understand getting 37mpg

S.I.R wrote: »
    berlingo/partner/kubastar are great little vans ,!!

The kubistar is the same as the Kangoo is it not? rather than the PSA units.

Re:mileage, I get around 400 miles to a tank of diesel.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 542 ✭✭✭groupb

The kubistar is a Renault Kangoo. I took a loan of one when my company passat was in been repaired (again) . Great little machine. I considered setting up on my own at one stage and was looking at vans of that size. Everyone I spoke to said to steer clear of caddys , and look at partner/ berlingos. I heard the transit connect is supposed to be a good machine too.

Stekelly wrote: »

Re:mileage, I get around 400 miles to a tank of diesel.

I get a very similar mileage acutally. 406 miles to a tank or 51.74 litres

Taught it would return more TBH.

kikel wrote: »
    I get a very similar mileage acutally. 406 miles to a tank or 51.74 litres

Taught it would return more TBH.

Yeah, tbh I thought I'd do better aswell.

Although I was getting 350 from an 80ltr tank in my 2.5 auto Safrane before that so any improvement on mileage was welcome.:D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 20,009 ✭✭✭✭Run_to_da_hills

Once you buy a Peugeot Partner or Citroen Berlingo you need to open an account with one of these quick fit tyre companys. What you save on juice you will spend on rubber, ask any tyre fitter about these vans.

Once you buy a Peugeot Partner or Citroen Berlingo you need to open an account with one of these quick fit tyre companys. What you save on juice you will spend on rubber, ask any tyre fitter about these vans.

I've noticed very little , if any at all, wear on the tyres in the 7 months I've had my van. Certainly no more than anythign else I;ve driven.

• Advertisement
Advertisement